2018 GAA Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 23, 2017, 09:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

another thing
how many people have actually handed over €80 for  club tickets in the last year . When I was a regular I almost never paid for a home ticket and even the county final was only €15 euro
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mrhardyannual

Quote from: rosnarun on October 24, 2017, 05:31:11 PM
I've been saying it for years  there are strong voices in The gaa against this scheme I would suspect its at provincial level or an attempt to get every one to buy the €200 ticket
It has worked out for mayo Kerry and Dublin supporters in the last few years with ALF access but there seem to be little else going for it .
I will be renewing but its getting harder and harder to justify
There is a queue for Cairde Tickets and the number that can be sold by Co. Board is limited to what it is at the moment. So there is no benefit in terms of getting people to buy €200 tickets as they are not available. In Mayo's case the season tickets count towards the county's full allocation for All Ireland finals. This favours people with deep pockets who got in early, bought multiple tickets and reduce club allocation. Many clubs would prefer if the scheme was abandoned and the tickets went to the clubs to distribute to the deserving (or not .....depending on your view of how clubs deal with tickets)

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on October 24, 2017, 05:33:59 PM
another thing
how many people have actually handed over €80 for  club tickets in the last year . When I was a regular I almost never paid for a home ticket and even the county final was only €15 euro

Just say you're an OAP and get in for a tenner, lad.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on October 24, 2017, 07:01:54 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 24, 2017, 05:33:59 PM
another thing

Just say you’re an OAP and get in for a tenner, lad.
my decreased attendance is due to geographical reason not age or infirmary .  but any other than a county final I was never even asked for more than  a tenner in to a club game
BTw the Mayo gaa showing games online for €4  is most reasonable price ive seen for anything in a long time

Rossfan

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 25, 2017, 12:47:05 AM
Renewals available now.
Must be only for Rhubarbs,  haven't heard anything from them
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

€120

Started off at €75 a few years ago. Inflation is on the rise.

rosnarun

Quote from: orangeman on October 25, 2017, 11:25:30 AM
€120

Started off at €75 a few years ago. Inflation is on the rise.
20%  increase  this year.
has their been any justification put forward ? super 8s can't really be used as an excuse as it wont apply to 25 of the counties .
also i cant see any sign of the €5 off championship games

mayo.mick

I'm hearing the original price of 99 and 20 still applies to div 3 and 4 season ticket holders.
@mayo_mick

Rossfan

Got my email. €120 first D1 and D2. €99 for D3 and 4.
How much to get into D1 and D2 games next year?

mayo.mick

Have juvenile season tickets been discontinued for new applicants?
@mayo_mick

Asal Mor

Terrible value and an insult to the most dedicated supporters. As my TV is getting bigger and better, the cost of going to games is rising. The armchair is looking more appealing every year.

Syferus

The cost of rolling up to a match is actually quite cheap. The lack of discount you receive for a season ticket is the issue. Most sports are desperate for more season ticket holders while the GAA seems intent on reducing the number.

Rossfan

On the basis that we're unlikely to make the All Ireland Final I think I'll buy a Laythrum season ticket for next year.
Save €21, can still go to all Ros NFL games including a D2 Final, will get the Leitrim v Ros Championship game included and will still "have access to discounted tickets for the all new group stages".

rosnarun

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 27, 2017, 10:36:32 PM
Terrible value and an insult to the most dedicated supporters. As my TV is getting bigger and better, the cost of going to games is rising. The armchair is looking more appealing every year.
any word are they going to increase the turnstile price. only way this pricing make any sense