Quote from: Dire Ear on November 01, 2017, 12:37:32 PM

Saturday 11 November

Ulster club SFC semi-final
Slaughtneil (Derry) v Kilcar (Donegal), Healy Park, 6.30pm

Sunday 12 November

Ulster club SFC semi-final
Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh) v Cavan Gaels (Cavan), Clones, 2pm

Any idea are these televised?

RoI v Denmark on the 11th at 19.45 so the timing is good.
I'd like to book a tv in the local just in case though.

inthrough

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2017, 01:11:58 PM
I don't get this 'hard draw' you have to beat what's in front of you to win, the plus side on a 'good' draw would be what? Not knowing how good you are when actually tested? Or the 'draw' being on top form and competitive throughout?

The extra game probably but a team playing hard games for me is better

Agreed, in a competition of only 3 or 4 games duration it makes no difference which side of the draw you are on if you are serious about winning.  At some stage you have to beat the best, as well to do it early as late.

Milltown Row2

I dont think Cross ever looked at the draw! their main threat always came from Derry, who have a great tradition at this competition... Love the concept of the club series... Not because of my own club, but what it brings to the regular club palyer or the fringe player on that team, the supporters their parents and the community within the club!

The journey though as a manager must be the worst!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: inthrough on November 02, 2017, 01:32:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2017, 01:11:58 PM
I don't get this 'hard draw' you have to beat what's in front of you to win, the plus side on a 'good' draw would be what? Not knowing how good you are when actually tested? Or the 'draw' being on top form and competitive throughout?

The extra game probably but a team playing hard games for me is better

Agreed, in a competition of only 3 or 4 games duration it makes no difference which side of the draw you are on if you are serious about winning.  At some stage you have to beat the best, as well to do it early as late.
I think what was meant by the post is that Slaughtneil would have to beat arguably the other top 3 teams in Ulster just to get to a final.

J70

Storming second quarter from Kilcar after strong Slaughtneil start.

0-6 to 0-1 down after 17 minutes. 0-8 to 0-7 up at half time.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2017, 07:05:52 PM
Storming second quarter from Kilcar.

06 to 01 down after 17 minutes. 0-8 to 0-7 up at half time.
HT whistle came at the wrong time for Kilcar.

southtyronegael

serious game of football. end to end with no let up. great point kicking too. hope the second half is as good!

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I fancy Kilcar to win as they missed a couple of goal chances. Probably showed Slaughtneil a little too much respect at the start. Should be an interesting second half.

southtyronegael

what a goal by mc guigan, one of the best u will ever see.

grounded

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2017, 07:31:58 PM
what a goal by mc guigan, one of the best u will ever see.

Fantastic score alright. I was sure when your man hit him cleanly with a shoulder that he'd be sent flying. Just bounced off and clinical finish. Slaughtneil unreal outfit

Íseal agus crua isteach a

As someone already pointed out the half time break really came a good time for Slaughtneil. They were able to re calibrate and then take off. Thats a good Kilcar team. Slaughtneil could give the All Ireland series a serious rattle.

southtyronegael

sneill are a joy to watch. benchmark for clubs around the province.

redzone

Hard to believe kilcar didn't pick up on sneill kickouts on the video anylisis. Even if the read these boards they would have knew about it

grounded

Kilcar missed a number of gilt edged goal chances there. Need to be burying those

Cunny Funt

Slaughtneil 19 scores from 21 attempts some accuracy there! Kilcar left to rue all the goal chances they created and scored none. A much better contest than the recent Dublin senior final i watched.