Author Topic: Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling  (Read 8664 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Corofin Mitchels is a tough one to call.
Corofin imo are definitely not at the level they were when winning the AI in 2015.
They’re still obviously a strong side at the same time.
But don’t have the same squad depth/quality as before & the standard of underage player coming through wouldn’t be as high as it was in the recent past.
I would doubt either of them would have an All Ireland in them.

Whoever wins Connacht has to fancy their chances against a Dublin-less Leinster. Certainly wouldn’t be saying their isn’t an AI in them, because honestly there’s one in either of the finalists.

shark

• View Profile
Corofin Mitchels is a tough one to call.
Corofin imo are definitely not at the level they were when winning the AI in 2015.
They’re still obviously a strong side at the same time.
But don’t have the same squad depth/quality as before & the standard of underage player coming through wouldn’t be as high as it was in the recent past.
I would doubt either of them would have an All Ireland in them.

Whoever wins Connacht has to fancy their chances against a Dublin-less Leinster. Certainly wouldn’t be saying their isn’t an AI in them, because honestly there’s one in either of the finalists.

I would be very surprised if the Leinster champions beat the Connacht champions.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
Sligo’s Marty Duffy is to take charge of this year’s Connacht Senior Club Championship final.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
They must want Castlebar to win it  ::)
2017 Double Connacht Champions

Syferus

• View Profile
They must want Castlebar to win it  ::)

They definitely don’t want football to win.

Duffy is nearly sure to stain what would otherwise be quite an entertaining tie.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:32:38 PM by Syferus »

whitey

• View Profile
I saw that  Eamonn O Hara claimed the referee favored Castlebar in their recent encounter. Funny I talked to other people who were at the game who said the exact opposite
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:44:47 PM by gaaboard »

Mano

• View Profile
I saw that  Eamonn O Hara claimed the referee favored Castlebar in their recent encounter. Funny I talked to other people who were at the game who said the exact opposite

Was at the game and i thought it was refereed fairly well. There was a few decisions to either side that were questionable. Castlebar got away with some cynical fouling, dragging support players down (which i think is what he was referring to) but that apart ref did ok.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:45:07 PM by gaaboard »

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Good luck to Ballymote in the junior final.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
*Grits teeth* Yeah good luck to them alright.

sligoman2

• View Profile

Hoping Ballymote can get the business done.  For Sligo to be successful we need more players from towns like Ballymote, Collooney, Ballisadare, Grange, Enniscrone, Coolaney,, Easkey, Rosses point etc...

Who was the last county senior player from each of these towns with the exception of Ewing?
Big win for Summerhill yesterday..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

• View Profile
The Ballymote lads were banned from the niteclub in Ballagh back in the day for being too.. rowdy shall we say. Might explain why they're not producing many IC stars.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
May as well wish Lahardane all the best in the Junior final. Hope they do it and there'll be celebrations the other southerly side of Lough Conn.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

magpie seanie

• View Profile

Hoping Ballymote can get the business done.  For Sligo to be successful we need more players from towns like Ballymote, Collooney, Ballisadare, Grange, Enniscrone, Coolaney,, Easkey, Rosses point etc...

Who was the last county senior player from each of these towns with the exception of Ewing?
Big win for Summerhill yesterday..

Noel Maguire though not exactly sure where in Easkey he's from. Mark Quinn is Cliffoney I think. Certainly haven't been many now that you mention it.

sligoman2

• View Profile
Half time Ballymote up by 4 .  2-2 to 0-4

Hopefully they can hold on, this would be a great boost for Ballymote and the county..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Well done Glaveys👍
Syfīn might start drinking in Ballinlough tonight....
2017 Double Connacht Champions