International rules

Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

I like it,  always thought though that they should switch balls at half time even if it gave the aussies a massive advantage.

Wildweasel74

You ever watch club football at this time of year on bad pitches; it literally is muck!

Esmarelda

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 29, 2017, 08:40:55 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 27, 2017, 09:52:18 AM
The last two tests have had some of the top players for each of the countries playing good close games in front of nearly 40,000 on both sides of the world. Gives a bit of exposure to our top players at a time of the year when the press usually focus on other sports. If you don't like it it's very easy to ignore.

The best Australians do not play in this farce
Such emotional, dramatic language about a game you presumably don't watch. Is it on instead of your favourite TV show?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 29, 2017, 03:32:56 PM
You ever watch club football at this time of year on bad pitches; it literally is muck!
All weather or top quality surfaces nowadays shame on any county board that decide to fix any high profile club games on bad pitches.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 29, 2017, 05:58:05 PM
All weather or top quality surfaces nowadays shame on any county board that decide to fix any high profile club games on bad pitches.

I don't know of any stadiums in Ulster with all weather pitches. Where do you want all the spectators to go?

screenexile

Quote from: OgraAnDun on September 29, 2017, 08:14:06 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 29, 2017, 05:58:05 PM

I don't know of any stadiums in Ulster with all weather pitches. Where do you want all the spectators to go?

Don't know about the others but Celtic Park is in phenomenal shape for the time of year. Owenbeg taking the brunt of the matches has left it in bad shape but CP was immaculate for the County Final last weekend.

Hound

My abiding memory of the International Series is falling in love with Darren Fay, after a life long obsession with hating everthing Meath GAA related!

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

(Also loved Sean Marty Lockhart from that team)

JimStynes

From the Bunker

The only way I'd have any interest in this is if the Dublin team went out to play the Aussies.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 29, 2017, 09:55:45 PM
The only way I'd have any interest in this is if the Dublin team went out to play the Aussies.

I think that would take some of the romanticism out of it, professionals from one sport against professionals from another doesn't really have anything going for it  ;D

Cunny Funt

No Dubs for International rules by the sounds of it.

QuoteThere is likely to be no Dublin players in Ireland's international rules travelling party, which leaves for Australia in just over two weeks. This would be the first time that All-Ireland champions have been unrepresented in the 33-year history of the series.

Dermot Earley, who is one of manager Joe Kernan's selectors, revealed the prospect at a press conference in DCU on Thursday.

"There haven't been any (Dublin players) in training. We've asked a lot of the Dublin squad to come in but just because of injuries, club commitments, guys just wanting to take a break, I don't think there will be any Dublin representation on this but again, that's for Joe to announce."

Jim Gavin's panel have been involved in county championship matches since the All-Ireland final in September and although just the Dublin final remains, a number of high-profile players are still involved with their clubs whereas others have work commitments.

rrhf

There'll be tears in Tyrone when they see how good is Conor mc kenna.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2017, 07:11:24 AM
No Dubs for International rules by the sounds of it.

QuoteThere is likely to be no Dublin players in Ireland's international rules travelling party, which leaves for Australia in just over two weeks. This would be the first time that All-Ireland champions have been unrepresented in the 33-year history of the series.

Dermot Earley, who is one of manager Joe Kernan's selectors, revealed the prospect at a press conference in DCU on Thursday.

"There haven't been any (Dublin players) in training. We've asked a lot of the Dublin squad to come in but just because of injuries, club commitments, guys just wanting to take a break, I don't think there will be any Dublin representation on this but again, that's for Joe to announce."

Jim Gavin's panel have been involved in county championship matches since the All-Ireland final in September and although just the Dublin final remains, a number of high-profile players are still involved with their clubs whereas others have work commitments.

Dublin GAA putting Dublin GAA ahead of everything else! Shocker!
#newbridgeornowhere

tonto1888

disappointing if no Dubs play. I understand the guys in the county final not playing but why would the others not want to represent their country

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 20, 2017, 09:17:09 AM
disappointing if no Dubs play. I understand the guys in the county final not playing but why would the others not want to represent their country
Between now and January 27th is their rest period.