Sky Sports/Today FM 15 for 15

Started by Il Bomber Destro, August 07, 2015, 06:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

F*ck it here goes.

I will play an orthodox back six, two man midfield, and a 1 5 system up front.

Clucko

Marc
Darren Fay
Keith

The Pony
Glen Ryan
Tomas

Tohill
Dara

Ciaran McD

Maurice Fitz
PTG
Gooch
Stevie from Killeavey
SON/PJ

Defend against that team!

MWWSI 2017

Stall the Bailer

Did Maurice fitz even start a championship game in last 15 years. I thought he was mainly used as a sub by 2000.

BennyCake

Captain Obvious

Syferus

Joyce before Brogan, Michael Murphy (the best 14 of the period without question) and Michael Donnellan? Yeah, ok.

In terms of Galway alone, Joyce had a great career but even at his peak he didn't have the electricity of Donnellan.  I think people forget just how exceptional a footballer Donnellan was before the injuries, and the whole point is to pick the best players removed from things like that. Both key to their AI wins but if I had to take one it would have been Donnellan. Seems like a bit of a token pick because of his reputation tbh.

Dooher before Ciaran Mc is also a bit madcap.

From the Bunker

Our Keith the only one there without a AI Medal. All the rest have at least 2 bar Geezer! I do often wonder on Marc Ó'sé does he get a bit more credit cos of Dara and Tomas? Good player. Great? Not so sure?

5 Sams

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 26, 2015, 08:58:06 PM
Our Keith the only one there without a AI Medal. All the rest have at least 2 bar Geezer! I do often wonder on Marc Ó'sé does he get a bit more credit cos of Dara and Tomas? Good player. Great? Not so sure?

You obviously haven't watched much football in the last 10 years.
The Aristocrat Years

From the Bunker

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Ah, don't get me wrong! He a good one! Just to make a list like this you have to be a bit more. Anyway every one has their blind side when it comes to some players?

Syferus

I'd agree with him. Marc does get a wee bit too much praise. Corner-back hasn't produced many great players in years. Higgins would be the only cast iron one for me. O'Se might well be the second best in that 15 year period but it's almost by default.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on September 26, 2015, 09:41:31 PM

I'd agree with him. Marc does get a wee bit too much praise. Corner-back hasn't produced many great players in years. Higgins would be the only cast iron one for me. O'Se might well be the second best in that 15 year period but it's almost by default.

Yet there is a corner back, who has won two all-stars in the period, that hasn't even been mentioned once since the thread started.

Newbridge Exile

Did Karl Lacey not win two of his all stars at corner back ?

rrhf

Quote from: shark on September 26, 2015, 10:50:43 PM

Yet there is a corner back, who has won two all-stars in the period, that hasn't even been mentioned once since the thread started.
Ricey

shark

Quote from: rrhf on September 27, 2015, 07:43:01 AM

Ricey

Ah he's been mentioned plenty of times, and rightly so. As has Lacey. It was John Keane I was getting at. I guess if your county hasn't been successful then you don't have a hope in a poll like this. But when you're following one of the few team sports in the world that doesn't have a transfer system you need to think outside the box sometimes. If Keane was playing for Kerry or Tyrone from 2003-2009 he would be on everyone's team.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on September 27, 2015, 07:50:54 AM
Quote from: rrhf on September 27, 2015, 07:43:01 AM

Ricey

Ah he's been mentioned plenty of times, and rightly so. As has Lacey. It was John Keane I was getting at. I guess if your county hasn't been successful then you don't have a hope in a poll like this. But when you're following one of the few team sports in the world that doesn't have a transfer system you need to think outside the box sometimes. If Keane was playing for Kerry or Tyrone from 2003-2009 he would be on everyone's team.

Or Dublin in that period. Exactly the type of player they were missing, would have won an AI with him in the corner taking down the Gooch or Canavan. Joe Higgins (another fine player) is usually mentioned ahead of JK for some strange reason as well.

On unrelated matters hearing that we will have dedicated U21 manager this year for the first time since 2007 and will be ratified when Cribbin is. About time.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...