Fermanagh v Antrim - the battle for the Wooden spoon

Started by FermGael, May 25, 2015, 12:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Two rubbish teams playing each other once again. Fermanagh to win at a canter.

imtommygunn

Quote from: ck on July 04, 2015, 11:27:17 PM

It's great the way you keep commenting about antrim fermanagh to say how rubbish the two teams are rubbish. A real valuable contribution ::)

Fermanagh are probably a better side than your lot. Unfortunately we're nit but maybe in a one off game who knows.

Emmett

I can't make the game today due to a Christening but hopefully I can catch it on the radio. Q101.2 do not appear to be covering it, nor do Radio Ulster. Does anyone have any idea of a radio station that will be broadcasting this? Thanks in advance...

5 Sams

Quigley got 14 points today. Mad stuff. Wee Pete still working his magic.
The Aristocrat Years

ExiledGael

Absolutely incredible display from Quigley today, scoring from all angles. Was drifting in and out from middle and nobody seemed to be able to get a grip on him. As good a forward display as I've seen from a Fermanagh man since Rory Gallagher's 3-9 v Monaghan.
He will probably never get that kind of freedom again in a inter-county match in his life. Shows what he is capable of when he gets off to a good start though.
Very impressed with the McCuskers and James McMahon also. Looking good, they're working their asses off for McGrath.
Longford/Kildare/Roscommon next up I think. Would rather avoid Roscommon but McCluskey will be back so bring it on.
Tomas Corrigan possible hamstring injury the only bad news today.

ck

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 05, 2015, 08:09:18 AM

It's great the way you keep commenting about antrim fermanagh to say how rubbish the two teams are rubbish. A real valuable contribution ::)

Fermanagh are probably a better side than your lot. Unfortunately we're nit but maybe in a one off game who knows.

"Keep commenting"? Not sure I ever commented before but I simply made a prediction which was spot on. Fermanagh are a very poor collection of players who are well coached, brilliant manager, good county board and good loyal support. They deserve to be still playing in the qualifiers.
Antrim have none of these and deserve nothing! A 2nd half Laois collapse gave them their 5mins of fame but let's face it it's been an embarrassing year, even by Antrim standards.
I know there are good Gaels in Antrim (I'm related to a few of them) but the lack of professional structure, know how, expertise, tradition and player development means they send out teams every year which are a laughing stock.

mb80b60

Quote from: ck on July 05, 2015, 06:27:49 PM

"Keep commenting"? Not sure I ever commented before but I simply made a prediction which was spot on. Fermanagh are a very poor collection of players who are well coached, brilliant manager, good county board and good loyal support. They deserve to be still playing in the qualifiers.
Antrim have none of these and deserve nothing! A 2nd half Laois collapse gave them their 5mins of fame but let's face it it's been an embarrassing year, even by Antrim standards.
I know there are good Gaels in Antrim (I'm related to a few of them) but the lack of professional structure, know how, expertise, tradition and player development means they send out teams every year which are a laughing stock.

Good one

JoG2

Rubbish
embarrassing
laughing stock
very poor

way to go big guy

imtommygunn

You have made those kind of comments several times probably even on this thread. It's ok though as you have relations there ::)

Way to endear yourself to people too... Fermanagh are a very poor collection of players.

What's your benchmark here? Your home county? Boys like eoin donnelly, the quigleys, mccloskey etc aren't poor in anyone's book.

Very insightful too - picking the favourites to win ::)

FermGael

It's actually the second time he has made the poor collection of players comment about Fermanagh.
Obviously an axe to grind.  Who knows or cares for that matter?
Can't see Sean Quigley making too many other teams in Ulster.  Left foot, right foot and a punched point for good measure. Poor footballer

Fermanagh won the match very comfortably today. The first 10 minutes were competitive and that was about it. Antrim were leading 3-2 and then we kicked 7 points without reply.
We were 6 up at half time and then scored the first 3 points on the second half to put the game to bed.   Marty popped up with the goal and we should have had another as well.
Good performance in what could have been a tricky enough game.
Another step in the right direction under Pete and another game in the qualifiers to look forward to.
Should help the development of this young Fermanagh team.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

Your performance against monaghan worried me fermgael as you were very good and but for sending off it could have been different. Sure enough you again seem to be a decent side going in the right direction.

Best of luck in rest of championship.

sligoman

Delighted to see Fermanagh going so well at the minute, always had a soft spot for them. Whatever happened to Charlie Mulgrew? He seems to have disappeared completely from the grid since 2004 after doing a remarkable job with Fermanagh.

ck

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 05, 2015, 07:01:47 PM

You have made those kind of comments several times probably even on this thread. It's ok though as you have relations there ::)

Way to endear yourself to people too... Fermanagh are a very poor collection of players.

What's your benchmark here? Your home county? Boys like eoin donnelly, the quigleys, mccloskey etc aren't poor in anyone's book.

Very insightful too - picking the favourites to win ::)

I picked them to win at a canter, which they did. They are a poor collection of players IMO. What have they done in the championship? Beaten Antrim twice. Hardly anything to be writing home about.
You can pick out their best players if you want and you can do that for any team but collectively they are poor but operating way above themselves due to very good management.

No axe to grind at all lads, just my honest opinion. I work regularly in Fermanagh and take good interest in what's going on and I know many Fermanagh people who would agree with my views. Long may their run in the qualifiers continue. Like Sligo Fermanagh are a small county who do their best.

T Fearon

It's a myth that the Ulster Championship is competitive (I know this was a qualifier) or that any Ulster team could give any other Ulster team a tough game.Donegal and Monaghan are miles ahead of Tyrone,Armagh,Derry,who are a considerable distance ahead of  Cavan who are well ahead of Fermanagh and Down who are miles ahead of Antrim.

FermGael

Tony's obcession with all things fermanagh continues
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered