Fermanagh v Antrim - the battle for the Wooden spoon

Started by FermGael, May 25, 2015, 12:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

The only non televised game this year in Ulster.
Can't see their being anymore than 5000 at the game.
Fermanagh will go into the game as strong favourites but that was the same as last year and we got caught cold.
Fermanagh never deal with being favourites well and I expect this game will be a lot closer then people predict.
Fermanagh seem to have a clean bill of health with the exception of Fermanagh captain and midfielder Eoin Donnelly who I would think at this stage will not play.

Antrim arguably had a better league campaign than last year and were right in the promotion equation until the last game.
CJ has been scoring heavy but they have also had a few withdrawals from the panel as well.

Fermanagh should win this but then again I thought that last year.
We have had a good year so far and we need to win on Sunday.
It's been a while since we won an ulster championship game.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mad tan

Eamon Sweeney had a piece in the Indo yesterday about Unionist MP Tom Elliott refusing a invite to the game. He should be ashamed of himself after all the efforts to keep the peace on our little island this b----x wants to go back down the same old road again. Would it kill me to go to the game. This kind of thing really annoys me after all the progress we have made.   

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2015, 03:21:15 PM
We go in hope. I'm optimistic we can grab a win.

If you are beat Ye still have the Ulster hurling championship to look forward to

ck

No more than 5000 at the game? I work in Fermanagh from time to time and I can tell you that there is a buzz there at the moment. Pete McGrath has done a great job. They're a different side to this time last year.
Antrim meanwhile continue to be a shambles. They do more talking off the pitch than on it. Fermanagh by 6 or 7 points.

Farrandeelin

Yes I'd say there will be more than 5K at it ck. Fermanagh should win this going on league form, but they weren't too impressive in the Division 3 final. Antrim people are downbeat enough on the Antrim football thread, but that could be just from having a horrible spring. Hardstation is optimistic, so why can't all the other Antrim people be?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ExiledGael

Is there deferred coverage on BBC?
Would agree that there is a feeling in Fermanagh that we are going in the right direction. League was encouraging for most part and flop in final may have been a good reality check at right time. History has taught us to fear everyone though, God knows what will happen.

Maguire01

Can't see Antrim doing much here. Whilst it's relatively easy to look good in Division 3, Fermanagh are a good bit ahead of Antrim and i'd expect them to win comfortably.

Jinxy

How many, if any, McGourtys will be togging out?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SaffronHeart

2 Conor and Kieran. Arguably the most talented Kevin will be at the bar

T Fearon

I'd say there's more chance of Tom Elliott getting an All star than Antrim winning this one.Fermanagh to qualify for a training session with Monaghan in the semis.

mb80b60

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 25, 2015, 05:04:23 PM
Is there deferred coverage on BBC?
Would agree that there is a feeling in Fermanagh that we are going in the right direction. League was encouraging for most part and flop in final may have been a good reality check at right time. History has taught us to fear everyone though, God knows what will happen.

Yes, extended highlights at 7pm.

stew

Antrim are an embarrasment to themselves, nobody in the history of Gaelic games has done less with more.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

redzone

On a scale 1-10 how hard has Kevin mccourty hit the drink. Was sum talent alright

SaffronHeart

He still plays club for St.Galls when he can be arsed. Few screws loose but that's what made part of his game. I Remember him emptying Sean Cavanagh one day at Casement as soon as he came on, he wasnt overawed by anyone unlike a few other Antrim players.

johnneycool

Redzone,
That's a pretty tasteless post, think about removing it.