Derry v Longford AIQs 1A - Sat 21 Jun 2014 at 5pm Celtic Park

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2014, 12:35:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2014, 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 25, 2014, 12:22:43 PM
As a player the qualifiers do keep the majority interested, being relegated to a secondary competition would mean $ in USA for a lot of players.

I think if the secondary competition still got you back into the race for Sam it would hold the interest of the counties still involved!

So the goal would be to get exactly what they've got right now. I really see them going for that.

Nope... they'd be playing against teams at their level giving them a better chance of improving and competing when they get to the All Ireland Series!

DoireGael

After chatting to a couple of the younger fellas from my club after this game on Saturday.

£15 in for any seat/stand in Celtic Park for this game was excessive was there thoughts and it ment a few other young Gaels not traveling up to the city. For a first round qualifier that's a bit steep surely?

Working 3 hours in a part time job to see Derry get the boot.

Rossfan

Was there no cheaper terrace entry?
No wonder ye're losing games if ye're young lads are too soft to stand up on a good Summer's day. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

J OGorman

Quote from: DoireGael on June 25, 2014, 05:41:34 PM
After chatting to a couple of the younger fellas from my club after this game on Saturday.

£15 in for any seat/stand in Celtic Park for this game was excessive was there thoughts and it ment a few other young Gaels not traveling up to the city. For a first round qualifier that's a bit steep surely?

Working 3 hours in a part time job to see Derry get the boot.

£13 / £9 concession or the price of a few pints. £80 odd into see the muck Jose serves up at the 'Bridge

I severly doubt the price put too many off (some but not many). Bottom line is, we've a small core following, and if the team goes well, a tonne of well wishers. I mind the tickets being dealt out for the 93 final. Chrsit it was chaos in the local hall with boys who hadnt paid club membership for years and hadnt been to a match in as long coming to fistycuffs.

southderryman

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2014, 07:04:44 PM
No wonder ye're losing games if ye're young lads are too soft to stand up on a good Summer's day. :D

No. They charged one price in, first come first served for the stand or access to the terrace

This seems to be a new ploy by he GAA as I notice it's the same set up for the down-leitrim game on Sunday.

Definitely different than last year's qualifiers when it was a separate price for the stand or the terrace  for the games at Celtic Park. (Can't remember what it was for the Sligo game at owenbeg)

DoireGael

Quote from: southderryman on June 26, 2014, 10:51:21 AM

No. They charged one price in, first come first served for the stand or access to the terrace

This seems to be a new ploy by he GAA as I notice it's the same set up for the down-leitrim game on Sunday.

Definitely different than last year's qualifiers when it was a separate price for the stand or the terrace  for the games at Celtic Park. (Can't remember what it was for the Sligo game at owenbeg)

Yeah, I really think they should be offering a cheaper Terrace ticket, not just €15/£13 across the board.

I don't have much time for comparing a first match qualifier between Derry and Leitrim to a £80 Chelsea game, completely different economics.

I think it was a sly move to give one price.

J OGorman

Quote from: DoireGael on June 26, 2014, 12:05:56 PM

Yeah, I really think they should be offering a cheaper Terrace ticket, not just €15/£13 across the board.

I don't have much time for comparing a first match qualifier between Derry and Leitrim to a £80 Chelsea game, completely different economics.

for me it boils down to VFM. For me £13 is. I sat for the first half in the usual seat and then headed over to the terrace to grab a bit of vitamin d.
If the tix were £7/8/9 into the terrace, it wouldnt have had much, or any baring on the crowd numbers. And, if the money is filtering down to the clubs etc, then win win

DoireGael

Quote from: J OGorman on June 26, 2014, 12:13:03 PM
Quote from: DoireGael on June 26, 2014, 12:05:56 PM

for me it boils down to VFM. For me £13 is. I sat for the first half in the usual seat and then headed over to the terrace to grab a bit of vitamin d.
If the tix were £7/8/9 into the terrace, it wouldnt have had much, or any baring on the crowd numbers. And, if the money is filtering down to the clubs etc, then win win

This isn't an issue of crowd numbers for me, I agree it would have made little impact, because people knew very little before they landed that there was a €15 tag for any ticket anywhere.

I think €15 is steep to stand in a terrace watching a first round qualifier (That's an opinion of many younger gaels and I support them in this)

The ticket prices of the terrace went up and the seated tickets went down to get the average. Face it or not, if your going to the stand, your looking to save a few pounds, not to grab the "Vitamin D", that option was not given and there are people within "our" organisation who should be allowed option to watch our games in the terrace at a lower cost. This goes hand in hand with the same ethos that I believe our games should be view-able on TV free of charge.

A pound or two may not matter to some, but others it can make a hell of a difference and I refuse to see our game not appreciating this, I believe this was a slightly elitist move. These lads already are spending coin for club gear, insurance, boots etc

Also €10 a game on GAAGO? Are you wise?

Rossfan

Weren't the first 2 rounds last year only €10 (and equiv £) general admission??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

DoireGael

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2014, 02:22:27 PM
Weren't the first 2 rounds last year only €10 (and equiv £) general admission??

From what I remember, yeah that's correct.