Derry v Longford AIQs 1A - Sat 21 Jun 2014 at 5pm Celtic Park

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 10, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panc56

I reckon the stats show it's 2-2 in the championship v the oak leafies. Now for the Larries that's probably one of our best strike rates against any county.

I will be one of the 50. Never been to Celtic Park either , but I did venture to Ballinascreen for an NFL game.

Rawhide

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
with me still smarting from the qualifier loss to Longford 2 years ago i expect Derry to go at this game full till and show Longford little mercy, they not be over complacent given Longford beat them 2 years ago, on another note its a pity McIvor doesn't revisit the Bradley's issue, nothing worst seeing 2 lads clock scores up for their club in the paper ever week and they never be considered while starting players are not showing the same scoring from for their clubs.

Anyone who promotes Paddy Bradley for the county team at this stage simply has not got a clue, the less said the better. Eoin was asked back, but couldn't fully commit due to his other sporting interests.
cccc is a true supporter lol

J OGorman

Quote from: Rawhide on June 13, 2014, 09:14:49 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
with me still smarting from the qualifier loss to Longford 2 years ago i expect Derry to go at this game full till and show Longford little mercy, they not be over complacent given Longford beat them 2 years ago, on another note its a pity McIvor doesn't revisit the Bradley's issue, nothing worst seeing 2 lads clock scores up for their club in the paper ever week and they never be considered while starting players are not showing the same scoring from for their clubs.

Anyone who promotes Paddy Bradley for the county team at this stage simply has not got a clue, the less said the better. Eoin was asked back, but couldn't fully commit due to his other sporting interests.

If the brothers Bradley were not coaching / playing foreign sports, Id have both them in the panel surely. Both more to offer. But its yesterdays news. Nothing to see here.

Looking forward to getting the rollercoaster that is the qualifiers up and running. Who knows where it may take us? Will certainly bring a few of the younger players on even more which bodes well.

Any Longfordians looking for a place to eat / drink pre or post match (or both if yer thirsty hooers), ask away and we can point you in the right direction

southderryman

What sort of game can we expect on Saturday?

The 3 or 4 times we've met in championship in pearse park have generally been good open games with a bit of drama thrown in.

I know the league game in Celtic Park last March Longford were very defensive that night. I haven't seen them play this year......are they still under the same management and playing the same way as last year or do we have a chance of an open game?

Shamrock Shore

Open game!! Open game is it!

Jesus - it will be so open it will make something very open look very shut.

Longford won't play a defensive game.......tbh it will be lucky if we play any sort of game  :'(

Expect Derry to score in excess of 3-10.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2014, 02:08:01 PM
Hope ye can keep it under 7-13 anyway Shoreen. :-[

Derry are no Leitrim minor team so there's no worries about that.

southderryman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2014, 01:19:39 PM
Open game!! Open game is it!

Jesus - it will be so open it will make something very open look very shut.

Longford won't play a defensive game.......tbh it will be lucky if we play any sort of game  :'(

Expect Derry to score in excess of 3-10.

Every time we've played in the qualifiers in recent years it's always been a tough game. What's the reason for the pessimism?  Have Longford had much of a turnover in players since you beat us 2 years ago??

panc56

Wildweasel74

Longford might not have a turn over of players but Derry probbaly be going with only 5 from that nite, one of the few down at the game that nite

southderryman

Quote from: panc56 on June 17, 2014, 11:31:01 PM
Derry at evens -7 the bet of the weekend 8)

Depends on how many players we are missing imo. There's rumours about a few injuries. Would wait and see the starting 15 before placing a bet on that

southderryman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 17, 2014, 11:38:30 PM
Longford might not have a turn over of ppalyers but Derry probbaly be going with only 5 from that nite, one of the few down at the game that nite
a

Was there myself, our support was pitiful

From he starting team in 2012 only McKaigue,  Sean Leo, patsy, lynch and mcguckin would be likely starters on Saturday with mark Craig on the bench. The other 9 are no longer on the panel.

Wildweasel74

Derry always go well league wise to we get a run of club games and pick up a ton of injuries, i cant understand how we such a injury rate at club level for county men compared to other counties, u barely ever hear of a alot of Dublin men getting injured.
Hard to know what Derry team we field this week if the injury reports are to be believed

southderryman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2014, 09:25:25 PM
Derry always go well league wise to we get a run of club games and pick up a ton of injuries, i cant understand how we such a injury rate at club level for county men compared to other counties, u barely ever hear of a alot of Dublin men getting injured.
How to know what Derry team we field this week if the injury reports are to be believed

Same story most years unfortunately

Hard to know what team will line out on Saturday. Doc, bradley, McBride, O'Kane are all doubtful from what I've been told. Not sure who else is. In terms of the panel, obviously mullan and o'boyle have left, carlus mcwilliams also out for a long period. Hopefully get Saturday over us and get a few more back for the next round.

southderryman

Not a strong derry team imo, would not be touching that -7 bet. In fact I'd be happy with any sort of a win. We will struggle for scores based on that line up.

The Derry team to play Longford in Round 1A of the All-Ireland Senior Football Qualifiers on Saturday at Celtic Park (5pm) is as follows:

1. Thomas Mallon (An Lúb)
2. Oisín Duffy (Forghleann)
3. Chrissy McKaigue (Leacht Néill)
4. Aidan McAlynn (An Lúb)
5. Gareth McKinless (Baile an Doire)
6. Mark Craig (Dún Geimhin)
7. Sean Leo McGoldrick (Eoghan Rua)
8. Mark Lynch (Beannchar) (Captain)
9. Kevin Johnston (Dún Geimhin)
10. Aaron Devlin (Baile an Doire)
11. Emmet Bradley (Gleann)
12. Enda Lynn (Grainlocha)