ROSCOMMON v GALWAY, CONNACHT SFC

Started by Shrewdness, May 11, 2012, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 15, 2012, 03:11:07 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 15, 2012, 01:49:53 PM
You'd be at home to us!

Are you sure?
We are at home  to Roscommon and away to Galway whenever we play them next. The game is being shown in full deferred coverage on RTE on sat 9th june day before ireland play croatia. I dont care who wins, i cant call it. Both are better than us though.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

You'd be at home to us!

Are you sure?
Ye will.
Seems there is a separate agreement for Connacht Finals as ye're little plasheen can't hold them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2012, 04:10:22 PM
You'd be at home to us!

Are you sure?
Ye will.
Seems there is a separate agreement for Connacht Finals as ye're little plasheen can't hold them.

Yeah, knew there was something about that but had forgotten the detail. Thanks for clarification.

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 15, 2012, 03:16:21 PM
You'd be at home to us!

Are you sure?
We are at home  to Roscommon and away to Galway whenever we play them next. The game is being shown in full deferred coverage on RTE on sat 9th june day before ireland play croatia. I dont care who wins, i cant call it. Both are better than us though.

SLIGONIAN we should name you as the Mancini of the gaaboard. Not so long ago you declared Sligo as the best in Connacht now your saying two developing teams like Galway & ourselves are better.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ross4life on May 15, 2012, 05:50:35 PM
You'd be at home to us!

Are you sure?

SLIGONIAN we should name you as the Mancini of the gaaboard. Not so long ago you declared Sligo as the best in Connacht now your saying two developing teams like Galway & ourselves are better.

Next thing, after a late goal against Mayo in injury time of the Connacht final he'll say he always believed Sligo would win. 8)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2012, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 15, 2012, 05:50:35 PM
You'd be at home to us!

Are you sure?

Next thing, after a late goal against Mayo in injury time of the Connacht final he'll say he always believed Sligo would win. 8)

1994, baby.

Farrandeelin

Yes syferus. I wasn't in Hyde Park that day, and Leitrim/London could cause an upset against us.

An Fhairche Abu

Galway team to play Roscommon on Sunday:

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Kieran McGrath
3 Finian Hanley
4 Keith Kelly
5 Garreth Bradshaw
6 Johnny Duane
7 Gary O'Donnell
8 Joe Bergin
9 Greg Higgins
10 Gary Sice
11 Damien Burke
12 Thomas Flynn
13 Sean Armstrong
14 Paul Conroy
15 Mark Hehir

I don't know do I see too many scores coming from that half forward line consisting of two half backs and a midfielder!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 15, 2012, 09:43:32 PM
Galway team to play Roscommon on Sunday:

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Kieran McGrath
3 Finian Hanley
4 Keith Kelly
5 Garreth Bradshaw
6 Johnny Duane
7 Gary O'Donnell
8 Joe Bergin
9 Greg Higgins
10 Gary Sice
11 Damien Burke
12 Thomas Flynn
13 Sean Armstrong
14 Paul Conroy
15 Mark Hehir

I don't know do I see too many scores coming from that half forward line consisting of two half backs and a midfielder!

Very possibly although 4 of those forwards started against Kildare and Galway still managed to hit 0-18.

Ultimately when you don't have PJ and Meehan available to start for different reasons (old age and injury) and Nicky gone into self-imposed exile again then your options for fielding reliable scoring forwards are cut down straight away. I guess we have plenty to throw on from the bench anyway as long as things are still in the balance.

seafoid

The way the Rossies were talking upthread the maroon jersey could be worth a few points.  8)

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2012, 10:49:45 PM
The way the Rossies were talking upthread the maroon jersey could be worth a few points.  8)

Two mid-ranking teams playing each other for the right to play another mid-ranking team. I have absolutely no worries about facing Galway and our team is full of players who grew up expecting to beat Galway at under-age, this won't be the same old beat-before-they-take-the-field Roscommon. If we lose it'll be for other reasons.

Sure the only one we could play the poor mouth against is Mayo and we all have a smirk on our faces those feckers crop up..

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 15, 2012, 10:12:04 PM
Very possibly although 4 of those forwards started against Kildare and Galway still managed to hit 0-18.

Ultimately when you don't have PJ and Meehan available to start for different reasons (old age and injury) and Nicky gone into self-imposed exile again then your options for fielding reliable scoring forwards are cut down straight away. I guess we have plenty to throw on from the bench anyway as long as things are still in the balance.

To be fair that half forward line was the one that played very well in the 2nd half of the Kildare game, Burke was good, Sice excellent and Flynn was definately a factor in Galway's upper hand on the Kildare midfield while playing against a stiff breeze in that half, hopefully they are as effective the next day as well.

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2012, 10:49:45 PM

With any luck it will be, I wouldn't have Galway at 8/15 on like the bookies, really tough game coming up in the Hyde. If the performances from the Kildare match carries over to Sunday though I'd be happy enough that we have a good chance to come through on the right side of it, if not it could be a long day.

Farrandeelin

Ros, play the poor mouth against Mayo? If we meet, Ros would undoubtedly be overwhelming favourites. Ye'd have the tougher games out of the way and sure last year ye 'had' us but for COC's frees, even he's missing some this year. And conditions didn't help Ros last year either. Plus Ros will be determined to beat Mayo in McHale Park, in which would continue their unbeaten record there this decade. However there's lots of football to be played yet.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2012, 11:35:05 PM
Ros, play the poor mouth against Mayo? If we meet, Ros would undoubtedly be overwhelming favourites. Ye'd have the tougher games out of the way and sure last year ye 'had' us but for COC's frees, even he's missing some this year. And conditions didn't help Ros last year either. Plus Ros will be determined to beat Mayo in McHale Park, in which would continue their unbeaten record there this decade. However there's lots of football to be played yet.

I see the sally rod put the discipline back into you. More lessons on 17th July, if ye can make it through the hard side of the draw.