19. MARK SHIELDS
20. RORY GRUGAN
21. PAUL CARVILL
22. BRENDAN DONAGHY
23. RYAN RAFFERTY
24. STEFAN CAMPBELL
25. JAMES LAVERY
26. MICHAEL STEVENSON

Does anyone know why Carragher was named on the senior team for both weekends either side of the U-21 c'ship game?

I'd heard last week that he was not going to be considered for the U-21s if he played last weekend for the seniors but then when he was taken off early in last weekends game just assumed he was injured. Seems like there imust be some truth in the original theory. Another example of lack of co-operation between senior and U-21.

Also how can Donaghy be deemed not fit to start yet take his place on the bench? Baffling!

Orior

Lets hope they've been practising their hand passes.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AFS

Quote from: yellowcard on March 22, 2012, 11:59:34 PM
Does anyone know why Carragher was named on the senior team for both weekends either side of the U-21 c'ship game?

I'd heard last week that he was not going to be considered for the U-21s if he played last weekend for the seniors but then when he was taken off early in last weekends game just assumed he was injured. Seems like there imust be some truth in the original theory. Another example of lack of co-operation between senior and U-21.

Also how can Donaghy be deemed not fit to start yet take his place on the bench? Baffling!

Carragher is a funny one. Though, I can't see why he would've faced any such ultimatum when several other lads were able to line out for both sides.

The Donaghy thing isn't that baffling really. He's obviously not 100%. Ideally things go alright and he's not risked at all, but he's there on the bench as a last resort in case things are going completely shiteways.

Throw ball

From what is available the team is fair enough. Despite the loss last week they played well - up to the scoring bit! Charlie played well when he came on and is probably the right man to take over from McKeever. Good to see Grugan on the way back from injury. Only question I would ask is where is M o'Rourke. He played well when he came on last week?

Armaghgeddon

Andy Mallon is the most experienced Armagh player, or would it be Brian?

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

goldenyears

MOR broke his thumb last week from what I hear

western exile

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 23, 2012, 12:44:37 AM
I would have thought that the most experienced footballer on that named 15 is BJP

Agent Orange

Quote from: western exile on March 23, 2012, 08:29:51 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 23, 2012, 12:44:37 AM
I would have thought that the most experienced footballer on that named 15 is BJP

He is from Mayo. ;)

regal

Quote from: AFS on March 22, 2012, 10:02:30 PM
NFL: Armagh v Down
Saturday 24th March , 2012 at 7pm
in the Morgan Athletic Grounds

1. PHILIP Mc EVOY
2. ANDY MALLON
3. DECLAN Mc KENNA
4. FINNIAN MORIARTY
5. KEVIN DYAS
6. CHARLIE VERNON
7. PAUL DUFFY
8. PETER CARRAGHER
9. BILLY JOE PADDEN
10. AIDEN FORKER
11. COLM WATTERS
12. ANTO DUFFY
13. CAOLAN RAFFERTY
14. BRIAN MALLON
15. GAVIN Mc PARLAND

16. NIALL GEOGHAN
17. JOHN KINGHAM
18. DAVID LAVERY
19. MARK SHIELDS
20. RORY GRUGAN
21. PAUL CARVILL
22. BRENDAN DONAGHY
23. RYAN RAFFERTY
24. STEFAN CAMPBELL
25. JAMES LAVERY
26. MICHAEL STEVENSON

The team looks depressingly week up the middle and you would presume Down will own the midfield.

How come Aidan Forker is named when he received a straight red for the U21s - can he still play this weekend?

I would like to have seen Geoghan in nets, Lavery in midfield and Campbell at 14. When Lavery cant make this team he must be wondering what future he has at this level.

Agent Orange

Quote from: regal on March 23, 2012, 08:41:34 AM
The team looks depressingly week up the middle and you would presume Down will own the midfield.

Down have probably the worst midfield in the division. Even with a weakend midfield Armagh will at least break even. King has 2 speeds, slow and stop.

Armagh look very weak up front, but Down have the worst defence in the league. Its a derby, there won't be much in it and home advantage might just be the winning of it.

PAULD123

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 23, 2012, 08:47:29 AM
Quote from: regal on March 23, 2012, 08:41:34 AM

Down have probably the worst midfield in the division. Even with a weakend midfield Armagh will at least break even. King has 2 speeds, slow and stop.

Armagh look very weak up front, but Down have the worst defence in the league. Its a derby, there won't be much in it and home advantage might just be the winning of it.

Very brave boasting there. I'm sure your fellow county men wouldn't be so boastful. On one small point though If Down have conceded 6-55 (73) and Armagh have conceded 7-63 (84) how do you make out Down have the worst defence in the league when they haven't even got the worst defence in the division?

Must say the events of the last week have me worried about the galvanising effect they may have on Armagh. Armagh are going to be well behind at the bookies and that is a very motivating place to be in. No doubt Down have more first team players available but the match against Kerry and Dublin proved attitude is everything.

On the other hand Armagh's big occasion men are mostly missing - Clarke, McDonnell, A Kernan, McKeever. These are the men Armagh normally look to to dig them out when things are against them. In Dan Gordon, Kalum King and Ambrose Rogers, Down will have more than enough talent around the middle as they proved against Dublin. But if they go in without a 100% attitude then Paddy will have  Armagh fired up with a siege mentality and we could end up chasing shadows.

The team willing to give the most is the more likely to win.

Agent Orange

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 23, 2012, 09:57:27 AM
The team willing to give the most is the more likely to win.

No shit Sherlock.

In the absence of a proper full back, Gordon spends more time there than he does at midfield. Rogers is more often injured than not and King has only ever shown that he is not good enough at this level.

I admire your confidence though, especially after your last visit to Armagh.

Will Eoin McCartan start again? ROFL