Ard Macha v An Dun 24/03/12

Started by Agent Orange, March 18, 2012, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarface

Must also say that there was a really good atmosphere inside the ground on sat night with the crowd being vocal in their support for each team. At last it seems that we have a county ground to be proud of.

5 Sams

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 26, 2012, 01:05:12 PM
Great to see a lot of sense on here from Pauld. Armagh probably just about deserved to win on the night although a draw wouldn't have been unfair. I am at a loss of what to make of POR. The team under him is too inconsistent, but is this down to the players?
For perhaps the first time in a long time I would commend the ref. Even Wee Pete on Setanta said he got all the big calls right. In fairness to him he let the game flow as much as he could and compared to the performances of some refs recently in both hurling and football he was outstanding.

Maybe so but the umpire in the second half made an eejit of himself by lifting the flag to give a Down score and then changed his mind in a split second to wave it wide :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Armamike

Looked like a blatant dive for the penalty but the damage was done before that when the footblock went in. Stone cold penalty and the right call.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Applesisapples

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 26, 2012, 02:11:42 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 26, 2012, 01:05:12 PM
Great to see a lot of sense on here from Pauld. Armagh probably just about deserved to win on the night although a draw wouldn't have been unfair. I am at a loss of what to make of POR. The team under him is too inconsistent, but is this down to the players?
For perhaps the first time in a long time I would commend the ref. Even Wee Pete on Setanta said he got all the big calls right. In fairness to him he let the game flow as much as he could and compared to the performances of some refs recently in both hurling and football he was outstanding.

Maybe so but the umpire in the second half made an eejit of himself by lifting the flag to give a Down score and then changed his mind in a split second to wave it wide :-\
from the tv it appeared wide, even Pete didn't complain.

Leo

Quote from: Armamike on March 26, 2012, 02:15:37 PM
Looked like a blatant dive for the penalty but the damage was done before that when the footblock went in. Stone cold penalty and the right call.

Can't argue whether it was a foot block or other foul as I was too far away so have to accept the ref's call, but the dive that sealed it was extravagant and disgraceful, really disgraceful for a GAA man, and has no place in gaelic football (even if it was perfected by "God" himself a few years back).
On MOM it is hard to disagree with Poland who depite being on the losing team was a whirlwind of craft and skill - although as a Down man I would have diven it to Donaghy.
Fierce tame altogether

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 26, 2012, 02:11:42 PM

To be fair to the umpire 5 Sams, he kept looking at the other umpire to tell him what it was (and it was genuinely wide). We were guldering at him to wave it wide as he walked around to the post, all the while looking back at his fellow umpire for assistance, and I reckon we made that much noise, he couldn't hear what was said - hence the confusion on his part. 

bigpaul

Quote from: Leo on March 26, 2012, 09:07:57 PM
Quote from: Armamike on March 26, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

Can't argue whether it was a foot block or other foul as I was too far away so have to accept the ref's call, but the dive that sealed it was extravagant and disgraceful, really disgraceful for a GAA man, and has no place in gaelic football (even if it was perfected by "God" himself a few years back).
On MOM it is hard to disagree with Poland who depite being on the losing team was a whirlwind of craft and skill - although as a Down man I would have diven it to Donaghy.

If you watch the recording of that incident you will see that Rafferty was diving over the top of the Down player in an attempt to get to the ball on the ground before the goalkeeper.

Leonardo

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 26, 2012, 12:40:18 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 24, 2012, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 24, 2012, 09:32:56 PM
Well done Armagh, great night's entertainment.  Caolan Rafferty MOTM for me by a very big margin (who did Setanta give it to?).  Good overall team performance, young Stevenson did very well on his debut as well.  Very impressive movement at times and with the fellas missing it would have to give you heart.

Poland got the Setanta mom.
From Pete McGrath some surprise.

In fairness to Pete, he had to make a choice approx 5 mins before game ended. At that stage it looked like a Down victory, so perhaps thats what swayed it towards a Down player?

snoopdog

Quote from: Scarface on March 26, 2012, 01:49:03 PM
Must also say that there was a really good atmosphere inside the ground on sat night with the crowd being vocal in their support for each team. At last it seems that we have a county ground to be proud of.
Sat night was my first visit to the new Athletic grounds and i was very impressed. The stand is good although doesnt have the seat comfort of Newry toilets were poor but they are everywhere apart from croke. Overall a good ground prob the best in Ulster at the moment.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: snoopdog on March 29, 2012, 09:46:29 AM
Sat night was my first visit to the new Athletic grounds and i was very impressed. The stand is good although doesnt have the seat comfort of Newry toilets were poor but they are everywhere apart from croke. Overall a good ground prob the best in Ulster at the moment.
??? ???
"Stercus accidit"

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 29, 2012, 12:11:42 PM
??? ???

I think there was supposed to be a comma between "Newry" and "toilets".

That'll teach youngsters why punctuation is so important.

BennyCake

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 29, 2012, 01:08:29 PM

Speaking of punctuation. Shouldn't there be an apostrophe after the 'n' of 'smokin' in your username?  ;)

Leo

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 29, 2012, 01:08:29 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 29, 2012, 12:11:42 PM
??? ???

Seat comfort in Newry surpasses even that of Croke Park but their toilets like every GAA ground are abysmal, very few women will use the ladies because of unclean conditions and always shortages of paper, etc - it is a GAA thing. Your average GAA male supporter also has a penchant for urinating in the general vicinity of urinals so even if they were presented spic and span we'd soon spread the piss about.
Armagh is however a super ground in most respects including the covered terracing - great way to enclose the ground. Access through that alleyway however is a pain.
Fierce tame altogether

Armaghgeddon

Suppose you need comfortable seats when there is nothing to jump up and cheer about  ::)