club v club?

Started by ildanach, November 16, 2006, 02:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

what do people think of the situation in galway this weekend where club games are being postponed because a player from clonbur is playing for UCD in the leinster Championship on the same weekend. I think it farcical that this should occur. He should be made choose which club he is playing for, it would be different if it was a specific university tournament i.e sigerson, but this is a basic club championship vrs club league predicament. Just to set the record straight i have no problem with any of the universities playing in the club championships. but players in this situation should be made make a choice.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

dubnut

"what do people think of the situation in galway this weekend where club games are being postponed because a player from clonbur is playing for UCD in the leinster Championship on the same weekend"

Tell me about it, UCD are the Bane of Dublin and now Leinster.
An utter disgrace.

tayto

disgrace gets bandied about too much but in this case it's apt. UCDs participation is a farce, full stop.

dubnut

"Leagues cannot go ahead because Shane Lennons club won't play without him"

They should be made to play. And he should be giving his club priority. >:(

SouthArmaghBandit

This is madness! Thank God Qeen's or UU don't enter county club competitions. If they ever do, players should have to choose. Its had enough arranging fixture with county commitments, minors, u21 & hurling without this crap.

GallBoss

It should have been played anyway Clonbur match was on Saturday UCD is on Sunday John Joe strikes again.

youbetterbelieveit

yep i will be shouting for Rhode anyway!

dodo

Does anybody know who the An Fhairce/Clonbur player is who is playing for UCD ?

Duine Eile

slow corner back

you couldnt make this up, totally bizarre. What would happen if the louth fellas club won the county championship and were drawn against UCD in leinster? Ridiculous is not the word.

highking

Niall McNamee from Rhode played for UCD earlier in the season. He had to chose who to play for in the Leinster Championship. Farcical indeed. Theres no problem with them playing in the Dublin Championship, but when they go further it gets a little bit farcical....

Sky Blue

UCD are not just a Dublin problem any more. Now that its affect cluchie clubs may be something will be done to remove them from our championship. Does UCG play in Galway senior championships? What about Limerick or UCC? If they do, they should be kicked out too. What about the North?

full back

None of the Northern Universities play in the club chmpionships.Always wondered why Queens or Jordanstown dont make a push for this.They are bound to have a case-especially with the UCD case

ildanach

heres a querie if ucd beat rhode will mcnamee be able to play for them in the next round?
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

theskull1

The whole UCD situation seems farcical from my perspective up here in Antrim. Could someone detail the history of how they got involved in club championships?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera