Celebrity Bainisteoir

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, July 05, 2011, 12:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

One of the Sligo lads in here reckons Tommy Fleming is looking after the Sligo team

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Declan on July 12, 2011, 01:58:53 PM
One of the Sligo lads in here reckons Tommy Fleming is looking after the Sligo team

I wonder will he have a black pot on the sideline ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

This would be much better if the Celebrity was the referee instead of the bainisteoir..
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

It'd be much better if the celebrity was an actual celebrity.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

If only all managers looked that good.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

Niall Quinn is a lucky, lucky man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mckieran

QuoteAt the risk of repeating myself, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone involved with a club would be anything other than underwhelmed by the prospect of being exploited to enhance the 'profile' of some Z-list nobody. 

In fairness, there is more to it than that. I knew a few of the lads involved in one of the teams last year. They didnt have any home matches, and were saying how great it was to go away for the match, felt like they were professional footballers, staying in hotels etc.

Niall Quinn

Anyone know how long it takes to boil spuds?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

ross4life

Quote from: Niall Quinn on September 26, 2011, 05:37:02 PM
Anyone know how long it takes to boil spuds?
15-20mins but would take longer to boil spuds the poster.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 06, 2011, 12:15:45 PM
Apparently the Lissan lads were something other than overwhelmed when they got word on Friday night!  :D

First they get Dana.

She does a Mary O'Rourke on it and who do they get as a replacement?

Daniel O'Donnell's wife!

They are probably wondering what they did to deserve being treated like that.

If Mrs O'Donnell isn't up to it maybe they can get Iris Robinson? That would be a bit of craic.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

What grade are these clubs that play in it - senior, intermediate or junior?

Wasn't it Ballymuns Junior B team that played in it last year or previous?

Drummerboy

It was Ballymuns 2nd team – Intermediate team. A couple of lads from that team has advanced to the Senior teams this year, while another couple played in the All-Ireland minor final for the Dubs against Tipp. John Small and Eoin Archibald. Overall it was a great boost for the club and local community. For intermediate players, playing in front of 8,000 plus crowd in Parnell Park will never be forgotten.

muppet

Quote from: Drummerboy on September 27, 2011, 03:48:59 PM
It was Ballymuns 2nd team – Intermediate team. A couple of lads from that team has advanced to the Senior teams this year, while another couple played in the All-Ireland minor final for the Dubs against Tipp. John Small and Eoin Archibald. Overall it was a great boost for the club and local community. For intermediate players, playing in front of 8,000 plus crowd in Parnell Park will never be forgotten.

Where are you going with your positive upbeat comments?

Ya can't be doin' that!
MWWSI 2017

gerry

One dublin team winning a year is plenty
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

BennyCake

Quote from: gerry on October 02, 2011, 10:31:23 PM
One dublin team winning a year is plenty

It's one too many if you ask me.