Celebrity Bainisteoir

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, July 05, 2011, 12:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 05, 2011, 04:51:40 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 05, 2011, 04:49:23 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 05, 2011, 01:56:39 PM
I know St. Patricks, Dromard of Sligo are in this and will face Aughrim in their quarter final. AFAIK they are only finding out who will manage them on Sunday. Speculation that it could be Tommy Gorman of RTE.

Paul Gogarty should be funny anyway. As for Dana - that's just not right.

I heard it's Áine Chambers.

Please let that be true.

That would be absolutely hilarious but I reckon you're taking the piss.

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2011, 11:37:07 AM
Quote from: Boycey on July 05, 2011, 03:24:17 PM
Always wondered whats in it for the clubs beside a bit of cheap publicity, I presume there is a financial carrot somewhere?? I can only imagine the slagging some of our lads would get over a pint on a Saturday night if they were on telly getting a team talk from Dana. Hardly good for the dignity ;D

I didn't think the GAA had snobs until now! So fcuk if a team enters it, it's a bitta craic with no harm done. Teams get slagged no matter what and if a club gets publicity over it then what harm. Have only watched it a couple of times but find it amusing and the players all seem to enjoy it but try real hard to win it. Again what harm?

Jaysus I've been called a lot of things in my life but a GAA snob is a new low for me :D

I must have led a sheltered life, I had to google Aine Chambers there to see who she was :o :o :o

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 05, 2011, 10:31:27 PM
Maryland won the Westmeath championship the same year they won CB I think.

They did indeed win the Intermediate Championship for the first time in donkeys years that year and have pushed on to become a very competitive team at senior level so positives all round for them. Well apart from the "generous" mascot who had his supporters car burnt out...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Apparently the Lissan lads were something other than overwhelmed when they got word on Friday night!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 06, 2011, 12:15:45 PM
Apparently the Lissan lads were something other than overwhelmed when they got word on Friday night!  :D

At the risk of repeating myself, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone involved with a club would be anything other than underwhelmed by the prospect of being exploited to enhance the 'profile' of some Z-list nobody. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I think it's fairly self explanatory why a bunch of 24 young(ish) fellas would be happy to see Glenda Gilsenan, Emma O'Driscoll or whatever come into the dressing room.

Dana, Nell McCafferty and that hag from Leitrim? I'm not so sure of.

Jinxy

Quote from: Boycey on July 06, 2011, 12:04:59 PM
Always wondered whats in it for the clubs beside a bit of cheap publicity, I presume there is a financial carrot somewhere?? I can only imagine the slagging some of our lads would get over a pint on a Saturday night if they were on telly getting a team talk from Dana. Hardly good for the dignity ;D

I didn't think the GAA had snobs until now! So fcuk if a team enters it, it's a bitta craic with no harm done. Teams get slagged no matter what and if a club gets publicity over it then what harm. Have only watched it a couple of times but find it amusing and the players all seem to enjoy it but try real hard to win it. Again what harm?

Jaysus I've been called a lot of things in my life but a GAA snob is a new low for me :D

I must have led a sheltered life, I had to google Aine Chambers there to see who she was :o :o :o

She's a hell of a woman.
She really put Sligo on the map.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 06, 2011, 01:21:32 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 06, 2011, 12:15:45 PM

At the risk of repeating myself, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone involved with a club would be anything other than underwhelmed by the prospect of being exploited to enhance the 'profile' of some Z-list nobody.

That's one way of looking at it and this would probably be seen as a nuisance by any of the big senior clubs out there. However its been a Godsend to all those Intermediate clubs who have just been threading water for years with no championship finals to get excited about. Great excuse to get the bunting up and get more people involved with the club. Putting up with the Z-list nobody is unfortunately part of the package but that's what the producers and focus groups think we're all interested in these days.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 05, 2011, 04:12:10 PM
I woulda thought Cascarino would be managing Roma Gaels or Naomh Napoli.

Aren't you supposed to have some connection to the county of the club? What's his Laois connection? In fact, what's his Irish connection?

Loads of Cascarino's in Laois! Well they are now named Casey but sure its close enough  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2011, 11:37:07 AMI didn't think the GAA had snobs until now!
Jaysus, munster and parts of leinster is full of hurling snobs (maybe even north antrim too).

laoislad

Quote from: Jinxy on July 06, 2011, 01:31:27 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 06, 2011, 12:04:59 PM

She's a hell of a woman.

Right up there with Sligo Rovers as the best thing to come out of the county in years.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jinxy

I'd never even heard of Sligo until Áine took the internet by storm.

thejuice

Was funny the reaction John Waters got whenever he was on. No-one knew who he was.

I haven't watched it since and that was the only time seeing it.

Would only know Tony Cascarino and Dana. Wouldn't pick any of the others from a crowd but then I suppose that's why they want to be part of the show.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 06, 2011, 01:31:27 PM
She's a hell of a woman.

....until she sat on it.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

I never understood why the photographer was always lying on the ground behind her.
She always looked so surprised.