Mayo v Galway NFL Division 1. 7/2/2010

Started by Farrandeelin, January 31, 2010, 05:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 01, 2010, 06:00:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 01, 2010, 05:54:22 PM
Mayo will not only beat Galway but they will win Sam this year.

The AIF will end with Donal Vaughan scoring a last minute goal after a 100 yard solo run.

Nah, it will be Liam O'Malley.

Both wrong, It'll be David Clarke soloing from his own goal!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayo 4 eva

As much as it pains me to say it.......Galway by 3.
The Question is..... What is the Question?

Foreverhopeful

depends on mayo team. Better not have barry kelly at 11. Does JOM have any clue at all? why didnt feeney play at 3 yesterday and try Caf elsewhere? It pains me

Farrandeelin

What was the team for yesterday's game foreverhopeful?

muppet

Jeysus have we become Roscommon all of a sudden?

Maybe it's the recession.
MWWSI 2017

Foreverhopeful

clarke
o malley
caf
vaughan
gardiner
howley
higgins
parsons
s o'shea
moran
kelly
trev
ronaldo
a o shea
e varley

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on February 01, 2010, 04:25:00 PM
Seems like a make or break year for Johnno so. I still rate him highly as a manager, maybe the players need to stand up this year and take a more responsibility for their own performances

I heard Johnno on Newstalk once discussing his management strategy. He said that there was only so much a manager could do. He can only present his ideas to the team and if they go with them they'll succeed and if they don't there's no hope.

In other words, if the team wins it's because Johnno's a super manager, and if they lose, it's because they're not listening to him.

Maybe I have the quote wrong. I wouldn't like to go to the witness stand on it. But that's how I remember it.

moysider

Quote from: Foreverhopeful on February 01, 2010, 09:43:06 PM
depends on mayo team. Better not have barry kelly at 11. Does JOM have any clue at all? why didnt feeney play at 3 yesterday and try Caf elsewhere? It pains me

Yesterday s team had the look of the team that s going to start the league. Clarkey, O Mal, Caff, Vaughan, Gard, How, Hig, O S, Parsons, Andy, Kelly, Trevor, Var, O S, Ron.

Cant see many changes except maybe McGar. I believe the boss thinks he has his A team pretty much sorted since last year and will stack all his chips on them. Only a disastrous league will see him look elsewhere. Harte, Dillon and Mort will be back in the mix presently

Farrandeelin

To be honest moysider, I think we need to start off with a bang, by beating Galway and Tyrone. However, what I think and what will happen are probably two different things altogether and it will be interesting to see how the team do without the palyers you mentioned above.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2010, 10:56:14 PM
To be honest moysider, I think we need to start off with a bang, by beating Galway and Tyrone. However, what I think and what will happen are probably two different things altogether and it will be interesting to see how the team do without the palyers you mentioned above.

At least we should find out the state of mind of the team come Sunday. A few players missing can be no excuse after a manager in place for 4 years. If the oft mentioned 'structures' are in place then players should slot in. If the players still believe in the boss's creed then it should be in evidence in how they go about their business the next day. Not entirely hopeful and not especially interested in this match [losing the floodlit fixture has just pissed me off] but we ll see. This is not a Mayo side to set the pulses racing but that is what a lot of people wanted. Expectations dumbed down. Thing is though, if county board want to pay for the botched job in Castlebar they need a team people will turn up to see. Before the Spring is out we ll have somebody out calling for the Mayo public to get behind the team. We ll have come full circle.

Foreverhopeful

he better decide where he play andy moran. is no 7, 10,11 or will he throw him in corner again? He has matured alot in last yr and is now a real leader. no 11 for me. Good to see varley, ronaldson and douglas now competing for corner berth. They are all proper corner forwards.

moysider

Quote from: Foreverhopeful on February 02, 2010, 12:04:59 AM
he better decide where he play andy moran. is no 7, 10,11 or will he throw him in corner again? He has matured alot in last yr and is now a real leader. no 11 for me. Good to see varley, ronaldson and douglas now competing for corner berth. They are all proper corner forwards.

Agree. No way Andy can be played as a back. I expect both Andy and McLoughlin to start in forwards by June. We re not without options. Ronaldson, Varley and Douglas have tons to offer. However I m not hopeful about whats developing [or not] at the other end. Midfield as well a bit iffy.

rosnarun

i love thy way ever one ageees FBD form counts for nothing when a team is winning well but protends omens of doom when we lose or scrape out a few Victories.
this is not the time for slagging JOM(that was what winter was for ). so lets start out the year again with a clean slate nearing in mind that probably no more than 7 of sundays starters will start come june and with the exception of A ose none of sundays forward might start the championship with Dillion Whacko Bmoran killer and  p harte  all to come in and what about AOM and  BJP? and Aidan Campbell must be pursued a player of real quality.
in other words we've seen nothing yet and ive seen no reason to believe we have slipped back to galways level
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: rosnarun on February 02, 2010, 12:41:48 AM
in other words we've seen nothing yet and ive seen no reason to believe we have slipped back to galways level

That would be a hell of a fall alright from that lofty perch in the stars overlooking the football galaxy. ;D

Bod Mor

Quote from: moysider on February 01, 2010, 10:14:34 PM
Yesterday s team had the look of the team that s going to start the league. Clarkey, O Mal, Caff, Vaughan, Gard, How, Hig, O S, Parsons, Andy, Kelly, Trevor, Var, O S, Ron.

Ah come on now Moysider, don't be that lazy. I thought I was reading the Dublin team for a minute there!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.