Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 13, 2010, 12:22:57 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 13, 2010, 12:16:23 AM
Quote from: get up there on December 12, 2010, 11:45:53 PM
i might be wrong, i was at the game, sludden got tk sent off for f--k all, why has sludden created more controversy then the ref himself.. in a nutshell ... he is s--t >:(

There is a pattern emerging here....

Everytime he is involved in a game invoved with anything from Armagh a player gets sent off. Armagh vs Down in NFL - Sending off. Armagh vs Monaghan in Ulster - Sending off and then there is today.

You are all correct. Crossmaglen players never do anything. Always play the game to the letter of the law. Never cynical. Never foul. And those pesky St. galls and Glenties players roughing them up.
And then today, poor Tony Kernan running past a Glenties player and the dirty Donegal player sticks out his chin and hits poor Tony on the elbow and what does the disgraced Sludden do, goes and gets poor Tony sent off.

The man is a tool.

Im not saying that Cross were innocent but the fact that TG4 didn't even have a replay of the incident - well let's say innocent untill proven guilty, because I didn't see anything happen and another poster who was at the game did not see it.

GrannySmyth

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 13, 2010, 01:31:35 AM
i might be wrong, i was at the game, sludden got tk sent off for f--k all, why has sludden created more controversy then the ref himself.. in a nutshell ... he is s--t >:(

Everytime he is involved in a game invoved with anything from Armagh a player gets sent off. Armagh vs Down in NFL - Sending off. Armagh vs Monaghan in Ulster - Sending off and then there is today.

You are all correct. Crossmaglen players never do anything. Always play the game to the letter of the law. Never cynical. Never foul. And those pesky St. galls and Glenties players roughing them up.
And then today, poor Tony Kernan running past a Glenties player and the dirty Donegal player sticks out his chin and hits poor Tony on the elbow and what does the disgraced Sludden do, goes and gets poor Tony sent off.

The man is a tool.

Im not saying that Cross were innocent but the fact that TG4 didn't even have a replay of the incident - well let's say innocent untill proven guilty, because I didn't see anything happen and another poster who was at the game did not see it.

Seen both incidents.
McConville was down and they kinda got mixed up the Glenties man.
There was nothing in it, Glenties man got up was not hurt so harsh enough.

Tony's was an awkward looking attempted shoulder tackle after the 2 had been invoved in some minor afters.
His arm may have come up but it was certainly not an elbow. The glenties man ran on without any ill effects

saffron sam2

I think you're on to something. Louth is very close to Armagh too, just over the border in fact.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

illdecide

Throw ball has a point there i seen that incident where McConville was flattened in front of the ref, shoulder straight into the chest and not even a free kick. I also thought McConville was singled out a few other times and got nothing for it, I'm thinking Oisin wrote something in the papers about the ref a while back? but i suppose he and Cross got their reward in the end.

Cross were no Angels either and i thought Hanratty started the whole lot as whilst shaking hands with the other midfielder before the ball was thrown in he pulled his opponent into him and hit him with the chest. But the best team won and i wish Cross the best of luck in the All Ireland
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on December 13, 2010, 09:49:12 AM
Throw ball has a point there i seen that incident where McConville was flattened in front of the ref, shoulder straight into the chest and not even a free kick. I also thought McConville was singled out a few other times and got nothing for it, I'm thinking Oisin wrote something in the papers about the ref a while back? but i suppose he and Cross got their reward in the end.

Cross were no Angels either and i thought Hanratty started the whole lot as whilst shaking hands with the other midfielder before the ball was thrown in he pulled his opponent into him and hit him with the chest. But the best team won and i wish Cross the best of luck in the All Ireland

You'll find that the Glenties man wouldn't let go of Johnny's hand and was trying to get him to rise.  They singled him and Titch from the throw in and tried to get them rattled a la Kennelly to Murphy.  The refereeing was shocking but these things happen in games and at the end of the day you take the rough with the smooth.  Tony was caught, other days you wouldn't be. He will learn from it and it is not the first time things like this happen. I have always said refereeing decisions generally don't win or lose games and the better teams can rise above poor refereeing and win the game on their own merits.   

I had a very detailed analysis there and someone rang me and I pressed the wrong button and lost it all.  I won't bother my head with doing it again.  Glenties didn't have the legs.  They put so much effort into containing us in the first half they had nothing left.  Cross can take hits all day and it doesn't really take much out of the players, also they have an excellent bench to make changes so they have a major advantage over many teams.  There is still a lot of work to be done to get the lads up to the level of AI winning but they are in the next round and that is all that matters.  Neasden Gaels will be tough to beat, any match in London is always hard but if the lads mind themselves over Christmas thenn they will be in a strong position.  Kilmacud will be favourites to win the Semi no matter who comes through but if it is our lads they won't feel daunted in any fashion.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 13, 2010, 01:31:35 AM

The man is a tool.

Why pick on me, I'm agreeing with you ;D. The fact that you and another poster and TG4 didnt pick it up then it didnt happen.
AndOisin ;D getting booked was a disgrace when then that Glenties player lying on the ground got up and hit Oisin's knee with his back and he wasn't even spoken to. I would like all you Anti Cross people to view the video and see that Cross players never committed any personal or consistent fouling and played the game totally according to the rules.
Enough of this anti Cross stuff. ;D

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2010, 06:52:39 PM
Think you will find that two yellow cards are followed by a red! TK got them himself. you cant have it both ways! Cross must pay out some fees after these games
The commentator expressed surprise that Sludden only cited Kernan, those of us from Armagh would understand that he has a sight (No pun intended) impairment which causes him only to see offences committed by Armagh men. Louth's problem was that their red jersey is closer to orange!!

Applesisapples

Spot on.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 13, 2010, 11:01:59 AM

Spot on.

No harm to ye lads but get over the paranoia

Refs make good and bad decisions and we can disagree with them but to think someone has a particular grudge against a team/county is a small bit OTT.  Tony mac even said TK should have been sent off!

Applesisapples

You might note that I did not say TK did not deserve his second yellow. I stated the fact that the commentator said that the NC man should also have been dealt with. Martin Sludden has a history of harsh calls against Armagh teams some of which have been highlighted. I am led to believe his reputation within Tyrone is not good, perhaps some of our Tyrone brethren could confirm or deny that. He is a poor referee full stop, and McQuillan is not great either there was no consistency yesterday, both teams suffered as a result, the NC No.8 should also have seen second yellow...consistency?? The GAA needs to do something to improve consistency, refs will always make mistakes its the nature of the job.

On the game itself the best team won. NC were over reliant on the Brick Molloy and as Cross put it up to them resorted to hopeful ball lumped in, no better man than Francie to mop it up. I expected them to run more at Cross in the second half, perhaps they ran out of steam.

maddog

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 13, 2010, 10:08:59 AM

You'll find that the Glenties man wouldn't let go of Johnny's hand and was trying to get him to rise.  They singled him and Titch from the throw in and tried to get them rattled a la Kennelly to Murphy.  The refereeing was shocking but these things happen in games and at the end of the day you take the rough with the smooth.  Tony was caught, other days you wouldn't be. He will learn from it and it is not the first time things like this happen. I have always said refereeing decisions generally don't win or lose games and the better teams can rise above poor refereeing and win the game on their own merits.   

I had a very detailed analysis there and someone rang me and I pressed the wrong button and lost it all.  I won't bother my head with doing it again.  Glenties didn't have the legs.  They put so much effort into containing us in the first half they had nothing left.  Cross can take hits all day and it doesn't really take much out of the players, also they have an excellent bench to make changes so they have a major advantage over many teams.  There is still a lot of work to be done to get the lads up to the level of AI winning but they are in the next round and that is all that matters.  Neasden Gaels will be tough to beat, any match in London is always hard but if the lads mind themselves over Christmas thenn they will be in a strong position.  Kilmacud will be favourites to win the Semi no matter who comes through but if it is our lads they won't feel daunted in any fashion.

Is there a date set for the match against Neasden ? I will take a spin down to it likely.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: maddog on December 13, 2010, 11:47:55 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 13, 2010, 10:08:59 AM

Is there a date set for the match against Neasden ? I will take a spin down to it likely.

The chat last night was that it would be the last weekend in January.  I wonder if ungolarmagh may make the return trip to get a game :P

fitzroyalty

Fair play to Cross. They've been in 'bonus territory' since the Dromintee game, that'll probably continue until St Paddy's Day!

umgolaarmagh

No return trip for me BC1,

Theres a few other Ogs men on the Neasden Team eagerly waiting for this game

The game is down for the last sunday in Jan

drici