Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimtain

Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 09, 2019, 01:11:06 PM
Its Kildare or nowhere for Jack O'Connor.

Rumors abound that Laois have approached a good few outsiders about the job, its seems a character like Eddie Brennan for the footballers is on the cards. From what I hear it'll only be a Laois man if the outsider route fails.

Any names?

High Fielder

Zooming around

Darragh O'Se must be one.

Jason Sherlock
Padraig Joyce

les Antiques

Pat Gilroy another one but I think  his work commitments have ruled him out .
Jack O'Connor to Kildare far from been complete . Sarsfields Davy Burke has put up a good case apparently.

Butch Cassidy

Declan Darcy would be an interesting one if he was interested .

GAA-SMART

It will either be someone completely out of the box of thought or it will be a John Evans type if not John himself. Is there a rough time frame for it to be moved along?

Chrimtain

Quote from: GAA-SMART on August 10, 2019, 01:39:06 PM
It will either be someone completely out of the box of thought or it will be a John Evans type if not John himself. Is there a rough time frame for it to be moved along?

Surely not. Isn't Evans the type of journeyman we have been saying we don't want.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Chrimtain on August 10, 2019, 02:52:02 PM

Surely not. Isn't Evans the type of journeyman we have been saying we don't want.

Don't think GAA-SMART is saying he wants to see Evans get the gig, just that it's a possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Creedon 2.0 walked through the door.

The Saint

Would Jason Ryan be a good option?

South Laois man

The appointment of Evans would straight away reverse everything that John Sugrue put right. I would love to see Jack O Connor get the job but unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many options out there.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 10, 2019, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: Chrimtain on August 10, 2019, 02:52:02 PM

Don't think GAA-SMART is saying he wants to see Evans get the gig, just that it's a possibility. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Creedon 2.0 walked through the door.

In no way am I saying John Evans is the man, I am just noting i wouldnt be suprised to see that type walk through the door.

Jason Ryan is a great coach, I doubt he wouldn't want to be the main man but id say certainly open to involvement if leaving the Cork set up.

Is there any moves on Minor / 20s ?

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Chrimtain on August 09, 2019, 01:15:32 PM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 09, 2019, 01:11:06 PM
Its Kildare or nowhere for Jack O'Connor.

Rumors abound that Laois have approached a good few outsiders about the job, its seems a character like Eddie Brennan for the footballers is on the cards. From what I hear it'll only be a Laois man if the outsider route fails.

Any names?
I heard both  Padraic Joyce and Thomas O'Se were approached , Joyce not a flat out no  but waiting for Galway decision and O'Se has no interest .

BallyroanAbu

Padraig Joyce unlikely, successful business in the West based in Tuam.  He was subsidizing Galway U20 backroom.  Just don't see him taking Laois.

GAA-SMART

Joyce wants the Galway Job but took abit of damage after the 20s loss to Dublin. What about a Kevin Mc Stay / Liam McHale ?

The PRO

I'm hearing whispers that John Sugrue will part of Jack o'connor's team of the gets the kildare job.
I'm also hearing that the fault for Sugrue not staying on lies firmly with our county board. If true, they have serious questions to answer.