Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deerstalker

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 16, 2023, 10:34:26 AMDoes anyone know the reason for the announcement just before have time that the supporters on the grass bank adjacent to the scaffolding, had to move due to a safety issue ???

I was over at that side and didn't hear any announcement but that side of the ground is a disaster for various reasons with a big crowd.

NAG1

Quote from: Deerstalker on October 16, 2023, 11:01:53 AM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 16, 2023, 10:34:26 AMDoes anyone know the reason for the announcement just before have time that the supporters on the grass bank adjacent to the scaffolding, had to move due to a safety issue ???

I was over at that side and didn't hear any announcement but that side of the ground is a disaster for various reasons with a big crowd.

I would imagine that it isn't even supposed to be open on that side of the pitch.

Health and Safety from the council were at Corrigan so would imagine that Antrim CCC will be getting a letter or warning in relation to it.

imtommygunn

It's a good job there wasn't a problem as everyone was told to move and no one did.

Deerstalker

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 16, 2023, 11:49:28 AMIt's a good job there wasn't a problem as everyone was told to move and no one did.

Where would they have moved to though? Behind the net would have been the only option, there was no room anywhere

imtommygunn

I wondered that myself.

podge

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 16, 2023, 11:49:28 AMIt's a good job there wasn't a problem as everyone was told to move and no one did.

I didn't think people were told to move.  I think it was announced that 'if' people were moving from that section of the ground at half time, they should go round the long route behind the far away goals. 

I am guessing it was to avoid too many people funnelling through a very small gap under the scaffolding.

I don't believe there was an actual issue/problem, they were just trying to avoid one.

There is an issue at that side of the pitch where there is a large void behind the top of the hill.  The void is masked by brambles etc and it's easy to thinks it's not there.  I saw one man fall into yesterday at the end of the game and it took a few people to rescue him from it- it could have been a serious incident but all seemed fine.

Milltown Row2

Where they encroaching the scaffolding of the camera man?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2023, 12:52:24 PMWhere they encroaching the scaffolding of the camera man?

No, the area beside the scaffolding was 'taped' off.

I think the announcement was due to safety issues patrons on the bank adjacent to the scaffolding were to move behind the goal - obviously that never happened.

Adds more weight to the argument that the match should have been held in Ballycastle if Corrigan wasn't capable of hosting a very large crowd

SaffronSports

90% sure the announcement was telling people on that side of the scaffolding to come round the long way if going to toilet etc. My wee girl asked why and I explained it as probably being if you've a few hundred people coming round a narrow bit there's a chance someone knocks into the scaffolding which could be dangerous for those on it and those underneath it.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: podge on October 16, 2023, 12:42:14 PM

I didn't think people were told to move.  I think it was announced that 'if' people were moving from that section of the ground at half time, they should go round the long route behind the far away goals. 

I am guessing it was to avoid too many people funnelling through a very small gap under the scaffolding.

I don't believe there was an actual issue/problem, they were just trying to avoid one.

There is an issue at that side of the pitch where there is a large void behind the top of the hill.  The void is masked by brambles etc and it's easy to thinks it's not there.  I saw one man fall into yesterday at the end of the game and it took a few people to rescue him from it- it could have been a serious incident but all seemed fine.

that area is very unsafe. i took a small step back at the antim cork game a few years ago to let someone past and very nearly needed rescued myself

imtommygunn

Ah I maybe misheard. Yeah that side could do with a bit of work tbh. The stand side looks good now and is a good enough setup for club games.

Milltown Row2

I'm glad I watched it from the comfort of my sofa! Sounds like someone coulda died....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: NorthAntrim on October 16, 2023, 01:08:55 PM
Quote from: podge on October 16, 2023, 12:42:14 PM

that area is very unsafe. i took a small step back at the antim cork game a few years ago to let someone past and very nearly needed rescued myself

It would be dangerous if it was a rainy / wet day.

Milltown Row2

Yeah sounds like we need to update Corrigan and get a stepped viewing platform over there quickly as Casement might not even be open for finals

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2023, 01:19:31 PMYeah sounds like we need to update Corrigan and get a stepped viewing platform over there quickly as Casement might not even be open for finals

Surely its pointless for Antrim GAA if it isnt. County games then empty for 6months with the odd Luke Combs concert