Paul Hearty 17 SFC medals Is this a record. ?

Started by crossfire, October 27, 2013, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

I am aware that Kevin Heffernan, St Vincents, won 15 SFC medals in Football and 6 in Hurling which is amazing, but Paul lifted his 17th  Armagh SFC medal with Crossmaglen last sunday which could be a record in the one code.

Anyone know of someone who has surpassed that.?

Schkite

I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't the record.

From the Bunker

There are a Plethora of Tooreen Players here in Mayo with up on 20 county Hurling medals!

Schkite

I meant for football by the way, I've no idea of what club records there are in hurling!

RealSpiritof98

Think Lisbellaw lads now make them in Fermanagh

Milltown Row2

Sean Burns from our club would be close I'd say with 13/14 But 17 is some haul and played in everyone of them to. Though keppers can hang in there a wee bit longer than outfield players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 06:48:28 PM
Sean Burns from our club would be close I'd say with 13/14 But 17 is some haul and played in everyone of them to. Though keppers can hang in there a wee bit longer than outfield players

Sean Burns wouldn't have seen too much playing time in the last few years would he ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

T Fearon

Add on 10 Ulster cub medals, and 6 All Ireland Club medals and I think you'll find Hearty is a record holder.

Syferus

Sure Cora has more provincal titles than that. No need for the horn tooting.

armaghniac

Paul has a record even in Cross.

As for Cora, that's big girls blouse stuff.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 27, 2013, 06:57:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 06:48:28 PM

Sean Burns wouldn't have seen too much playing time in the last few years would he ?

won his first 1990.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Count 10

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on October 27, 2013, 11:44:22 PM

For someone talking about a competition as fearsome and cut-throat as the Armagh senior championship that's a little rich.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2013, 11:18:16 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 27, 2013, 11:44:22 PM

For someone talking about a competition as fearsome and cut-throat as the Armagh senior championship that's a little rich.

Unlike the ultra-competitive Roscommon championship?