20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoUpTwoDown

Think it might have been Beragh Swifts he was with? That place is a hub of activity at night. Carrickmore senior ladies and the local running club were there at the time also.

It's nothing short of a disgrace.

LeoMc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 22, 2023, 10:07:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2023, 10:02:19 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 22, 2023, 10:00:36 PM
Christ Omagh have had it rough! Dissidents under Brit agents instructions? DUP will be delighted.

So we know it was a dirty war but now in these days your thinking he was set up by his own?

Here I could be miles off but I'm in the same train of thought as LeoMc. These morons always do something when unionism is in the gutter. Stir the pot. Ahh sure they're all the same etc etc

As a clarification, I am just saying that the Dissidents are complete  fukw1t5 with an inability to read the room.

Applesisapples

This is not acceptable in this day and age, these morons have no right or reason to do this. This man was leading the investigation into the murder of Natalie McNally apparently. words just fail me. How can anyone harbour these people. Someone knows who they are and meanwhile the rest of the nationalist community will be tainted by association by unionist extremists.

Saffrongael

So perhaps targeted by dissidents due to his profile ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Why are people going down the drug route here? Seriously? the New IRA have been targeting police, this is even better at this time as it creates attention ... Standing over a man and shooting him while his kid is standing there is horrific

It wasn't right 50 years ago, and isn't right now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Absolutely shocking to gun down someone in front of his child. Giving up his free time to coach kids like many of us. The people who carried out this attack are utter pond scum and have no place in our society.

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 08:50:10 AM
Why are people going down the drug route here? Seriously? the New IRA have been targeting police, this is even better at this time as it creates attention ... Standing over a man and shooting him while his kid is standing there is horrific

I know your angle here MR2. But taking the risk of gunning a man down in a crowded place, and the utter callousness of doing so in front of children, resonates as an act of necessity, rather than one of desire.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:08:27 AM

I know your angle here MR2. But taking the risk of gunning a man down in a crowded place, and the utter callousness of doing so in front of children, resonates as an act of necessity, rather than one of desire.

And the necessity is?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 23, 2023, 08:47:24 AM
So perhaps targeted by dissidents due to his profile ?
Maybe because he was the only PSNI officer they had the ability to attack. Maybe seeing him on TV allowed someone to figure out "there's yer man that coaches Beragh Swifts, didn't realise he was a Police man"
Shooting a man in front of children shows a desperation to prove they are still relevant.

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 09:11:21 AM

And the necessity is?

I'm of course writing my own fiction here, but the scenario that seems most plausible to me goes along the lines of: barely functional paramilitary organisation gets their package wholesale from Dublin cartel on tick; barely functional paramilitary organisation spends money before paying cartel, cartel "offers" opportunity for debt to be wiped, but it needs done immediately, and given that the alternative would see them entering a short and futile war with a cartel, the barely functional paramilitary organisation goes to work at first opportunity, regardless of circumstance or consequence.

There's no basis for this other than a hunch. Something just doesn't fit the picture of a straight up paramilitary killing, mainly because whatever organisation is behind this, will be forced under a stone for the next decade while PSNI build a case and make their lives misery.

general_lee

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2023, 09:26:50 AM

And the necessity is?

I'm of course writing my own fiction here, but the scenario that seems most plausible to me goes along the lines of: barely functional paramilitary organisation gets their package wholesale from Dublin cartel on tick; barely functional paramilitary organisation spends money before paying cartel, cartel "offers" opportunity for debt to be wiped, but it needs done immediately, and given that the alternative would see them entering a short and futile war with a cartel, the barely functional paramilitary organisation goes to work at first opportunity, regardless of circumstance or consequence.

There's no basis for this other than a hunch. Something just doesn't fit the picture of a straight up paramilitary killing, mainly because whatever organisation is behind this, will be forced under a stone for the next decade while PSNI build a case and make their lives misery.

This is most likely the same crowd that shot dead a journalist because they thought their weaponry was capable of  penetrating an armoured Land Rover.

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 23, 2023, 08:45:55 AM
This is not acceptable in this day and age, these morons have no right or reason to do this. This man was leading the investigation into the murder of Natalie McNally apparently. words just fail me. How can anyone harbour these people. Someone knows who they are and meanwhile the rest of the nationalist community will be tainted by association by unionist extremists.

Is it not the Whitla murder he was on?

LeoMc

And the necessity is?

Why would Dublin based cartel want to bring additional Police attention upon themselves?

Milltown Row2

And the necessity is?

You are watching too much Netflix true crime shite. This is a simple opportunity to murder someone in cold blood at a kids training session, the police have come out and used two organisations and none are Dublin drug dealing groups

general_lee

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2023, 09:29:51 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 23, 2023, 08:45:55 AM

Is it not the Whitla murder he was on?
Part of both.