AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 03, 2023, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on July 03, 2023, 11:36:25 AM
Some dive by McManus at the end, but once again, Armagh stupid fouling haunts them again,

Was it a dive or a foul?
It was a definite foul  but with McManus enhancing the drama. The script was already written for that last piece of drama, everybody knew their lines except Armagh and the ref was right on cue.

I see the GAA have stated that a wide was the correct call.

"During the Armagh v Monaghan game yesterday the Hawk-Eye score detection system returned a 'data unavailable' message. The GAA requested an explanation from Hawk-Eye who concluded that the message was a result of operator error.
The GAA is happy that the system review confirmed the on-field decision by the referee taken at the time."

I wonder what the operator error was?
And if the review showed it was in fact a point and Monaghan happened to lose the game in ET or penalties, another secret to buried in the Croke park cellars and the operator falls out of a 5th floor window?

trailer

Quote from: Main Street on July 03, 2023, 02:39:24 PM
Some dive by McManus at the end, but once again, Armagh stupid fouling haunts them again,

Was it a dive or a foul?
It was a definite foul  but with McManus enhancing the drama. The script was already written for that last piece of drama, everybody knew their lines except Armagh and the ref was right on cue.

"During the Armagh v Monaghan game yesterday the Hawk-Eye score detection system returned a 'data unavailable' message. The GAA requested an explanation from Hawk-Eye who concluded that the message was a result of operator error.
The GAA is happy that the system review confirmed the on-field decision by the referee taken at the time."

And if the review showed it was in fact a point and Monaghan happened to lose the game in ET or penalties, another secret to buried in the Croke park cellars and the operator falls out of a 5th floor window?

Hawk-eye gives some bother in the GAA. Does it give the same amount of trouble in its other sporting applications? I read it costs between €7-8k per game!

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2023, 03:11:16 PM

Was it a dive or a foul?

Hawk-eye gives some bother in the GAA. Does it give the same amount of trouble in its other sporting applications? I read it costs between €7-8k per game!
Points are tricky and more frequent in GAA versus say rugby.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Louther

Was it a dive or a foul?

I was sure this was a point on the day. Have looked for a reply and have not seen any.

Armamike

Was it a dive or a foul?

It was very slight contact but there was probably enough in it for the ref to give a free.  Refs are always going to give a free there, at that late stage to level things up. It worked in our favour against Derry when Soupy got a similarly soft one to level it at the very end.  The chances are if McManus had taken another step or 2 he would have kicked it over anyway.  The problem for us was that he managed to get out in front to win the ball and turn. Once he turned, that was that, free or score.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AustinPowers

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 03:13:36 PM

Was it a dive or a foul?

I don't  watch rugby  but am   I right  in saying rugby posts are higher than  GAA posts ?

Raise the height  of the posts , and that would  sort out some  of the  close calls

straightred

Was it a dive or a foul?

Load of rubbish. Only saying that to try to avoid controversy. Doesn't matter now but had Monaghan lost they'd be under pressure to release the evidence. For what its worth I was sure it was over as well and a very noisy Armagh fan beside also thought it was over.

tonto1888

Quote from: straightred on July 03, 2023, 05:37:30 PM

Was it a dive or a foul?

Load of rubbish. Only saying that to try to avoid controversy. Doesn't matter now but had Monaghan lost they'd be under pressure to release the evidence. For what its worth I was sure it was over as well and a very noisy Armagh fan beside also thought it was over.

I thought it was over too but another was given which I thought was wide.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 03, 2023, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: straightred on July 03, 2023, 05:37:30 PM

Was it a dive or a foul?

I thought it was over too but another was given which I thought was wide.

I was directly behind the line of that Monaghan shot.It definitely looked like a point.

armaghniac

Quote from: Armamike on July 03, 2023, 03:31:25 PM
It was very slight contact but there was probably enough in it for the ref to give a free.  Refs are always going to give a free there, at that late stage to level things up. It worked in our favour against Derry when Soupy got a similarly soft one to level it at the very end.  The chances are if McManus had taken another step or 2 he would have kicked it over anyway.  The problem for us was that he managed to get out in front to win the ball and turn. Once he turned, that was that, free or score.

I think it was Grugan who was closest to McManus at that stage. A cuter team would have a back there who might have spoiled his getting the ball or stop him shooting. Perhaps we do not have such a back, or not on the field anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/07/03/mayo-people-will-put-up-with-a-lot-but-they-wont-accept-meek-surrender/

Of the four teams who left the stage this weekend, Cork can probably get on board with the idea that they got the most out of themselves this season. That could be a slightly trickier proposition in Armagh but when you go out on penalties, there's not much point in getting too bound up in recriminations. Armagh are a top-eight team. If the shoot-out had broken their way, they'd have made the last four. Ultimately, they played 2023 more or less to par.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eire90

is hooliganism creeping to the gaa fouled   by cocaine and the same hair cuts

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on July 03, 2023, 08:53:03 PM
is hooliganism creeping to the gaa fouled   by cocaine and the same hair cuts

Should exchange the coke for some weed, would better craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 05:06:29 PM

Was it a dive or a foul?

I don't  watch rugby  but am   I right  in saying rugby posts are higher than  GAA posts ?

Raise the height  of the posts , and that would  sort out some  of the  close calls

Or even put another crossbar at the top of the posts and the ball has to go through this rectangle.  :)

AustinPowers

Quote from: marty34 on July 03, 2023, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 05:06:29 PM

Was it a dive or a foul?

Or even put another crossbar at the top of the posts and the ball has to go through this rectangle.  :)

You might jest , but that was proposed  a few short years back . I think it failed