Roscommon v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 02, 2018, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 02, 2018, 11:03:17 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 02, 2018, 10:53:09 AM
It's a good draw as Roscommon are a decent side and if we were to win it certainly will give us a bit of preparation of whats to come from the big hitters, if we lose and most people will say we will then we'll know that we'd be safer away from the Super 8's as we'd have got 3 hammerings. I'd just love it, really love it if we were to win and see Mr McStay's miserable boat race
Will be McStays last match as manager of Roscommon if they lose this game i can imagine.

Very good scoring by Armagh in the last 3 games 3-16,1-19,2-16 so they rossies will need to defend well to win this game.

Well that just won't happen.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Unlike  McGeeney  our cool clean hero smiles from time to time.

If we do lose this there'll be rumblings anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Best draw but probably toughest draw possible for Armagh.

Nobody really knows the level that Armagh are at but i suspect that they are a long way short of top 8 standard. Would hate to get into the Super 8's and get 3 hammerings which is quite possible and it would be hard to recover from such. If they beat Roscommon however they will have earned a place in the last 8.

Farrandeelin

Roscommon the only team outside of Ulster that Armagh beat until 2002. Is that correct?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

APM

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 02, 2018, 11:43:27 AM
Roscommon the only team outside of Ulster that Armagh beat until 2002. Is that correct?

In the championship, yes - in the good old days Ulster teams looked for a draw against Connaught opposition as a realistic opportunity to make an AI Final.  Tyrone bt Galway in 86 and 95
Donegal bt Mayo in 92,

Down the exceptions obviously who never feared anyone when they got out of Ulster.  Derry also beat Dublin in the semi in 93. 

Just thinking that Armagh have played Roscommon a lot in the championship.  Qualifiers in 2012, 2014
Semis in 1953, 77, 80

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 02, 2018, 11:04:43 AM
It's a good draw as Roscommon are a decent side and if we were to win it certainly will give us a bit of preparation of whats to come from the big hitters, if we lose and most people will say we will then we'll know that we'd be safer away from the Super 8's as we'd have got 3 hammerings. I'd just love it, really love it if we were to win and see Mr McStay's miserable boat race
Will be McStays last match as manager of Roscommon if they lose this game i can imagine.

Very good scoring by Armagh in the last 3 games 3-16,1-19,2-16 so they rossies will need to defend well to win this game.

But you can also drive a bus through the Armagh defence, if Roscommon have  one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on July 02, 2018, 12:02:13 PM

But you can also drive a bus through the Armagh defence, if Roscommon have  one.

• The loyal Orange Order brethern could march down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• A road bowls match could play down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• A group of Japanese tourists could walk down through Armagh's defence taking photographs unopposed.

• The popemobile could drive down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• While on his mobile and winding people up, Tony Fearon could waddle down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• A Rossie could herd a flock of sheep down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• A sheep could herd a flock of Rossies down through Armagh's defence unopposed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

APM

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

• The loyal Orange Order brethern could march down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• A group of Japanese tourists could walk down through Armagh's defence taking photographs unopposed.

• While on his mobile and winding people up, Tony Fearon could waddle down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

• A sheep could herd a flock of Rossies down through Armagh's defence unopposed.

I think a combination of the sun and championship fervor have finally got to you.  Suggest spending the afternoon in a dark room listening to whale noises

lurganblue

It is probably the draw i would have wanted.  The toughest test available before the super 8s. No point going to the next stage if you arent fully prepared.

Orior

Quote from: APM on July 02, 2018, 12:28:55 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

I think a combination of the sun and championship fervor have finally got to you.  Suggest spending the afternoon in a dark room listening to whale noises

I'm already there. Just hoping that some hot chick will join me for fun with crayons, colouring in, Jenga and a game of Twister.

Orior

Quote from: lurganblue on July 02, 2018, 12:33:13 PM
It is probably the draw i would have wanted.  The toughest test available before the super 8s. No point going to the next stage if you arent fully prepared.

As long as we don't go in to the Super 8's with a depleted team (due to injuries) like last year against Tyrone.

Solo_run

Regardless of who wins, the winner will be doing the loser a favour.

APM

Quote from: lurganblue on July 02, 2018, 12:33:13 PM

The draw I would have wanted also. If we get to the Super 8s, we better have earned it. 

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Solo_run on July 02, 2018, 12:39:37 PM
Regardless of who wins, the winner will be doing the loser a favour.
Nonsense. The loser will be missing out on three valuable championship games and guaranteed football into August.

manfromdelmonte

Luckily Roscommon have a big shiny bus to drive down the Armagh defence