Coaching

Started by tonto1888, June 01, 2016, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Hope you guys don't mind this thread. I'm looking at moving home from England to lurgan. I'd like to get involved in GAA coaching. I know I would have to do the foundation award first but how do I go about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Niall

AZOffaly

You can do the Foundation Course online now I believe. Failing that your GDAs in the county will be running them in most clubs, probably later in the year. I'd say the ARmagh GAA website would have a section on coaching/Games Development.

The Bearded One

Contact the Coaching Officer in the club you wish to be involved in...after they more than likely pass out with the shock that they haven't had to beg someone to get involved they will get you sorted with the relevant courses.
It is what it is. Presumably.

No wides

You need to get your access ni security clearance first.

AZOffaly

Quote from: No wides on June 01, 2016, 11:51:12 AM
You need to get your access ni security clearance first.

The club will guide him through all that.

illdecide

PM me if u want any details. D Marsden looks after that sort of thing at our club and there are coaching courses all the time run thru County and Ulster GAA.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Attaboy illdecide, in like Flynn!! :P.

muppet

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 01, 2016, 11:34:55 AM
Contact the Coaching Officer in the club you wish to be involved in...after they more than likely pass out with the shock that they haven't had to beg someone to get involved they will get you sorted with the relevant courses.

;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 01, 2016, 01:14:19 PM

Lol...it didn't work anyway :P. wrong side of the town ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

twohands!!!

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 01, 2016, 11:34:55 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if the coaching officer offered to pick you up from the airport  ;)

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on June 01, 2016, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 01, 2016, 01:14:19 PM

Lol...it didn't work anyway :P. wrong side of the town ::)

CE is my team but I wouldn't rule out working with any of the local clubs - except St. Peter's. As for the lurgan Blues, I'm an O'Hagan. Not the bumpys but the Donald, JB, Harry O'Hagan clan so it wouldn't be beyond he realms of possibility

johnnycool

Anyone know where I could get my hands on a coaching manual written by Colm Nally?

Think he's a Louth lad who does a bit of coaching with Leinster GAA.

Taylor

Quote from: johnnycool on October 18, 2018, 08:45:46 AM
Anyone know where I could get my hands on a coaching manual written by Colm Nally?

Try reaching out to him directly on Twitter - find him under @colmnally

BenDover

Quote from: Taylor on October 18, 2018, 10:27:13 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on October 18, 2018, 08:45:46 AM

Try reaching out to him directly on Twitter - find him under @colmnally

He put a tweet up there recently - all his manuals have gone, @GaameCoaching (Colm Crowley Cork GPO) has a games based coaching book and a nursery guide as well.