Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: Maurice Moss on October 03, 2023, 10:55:30 AMImmensely proud of what our men have achieved. Controlled the game from start to finish and had great composure at the end.Can't wait for the final.

12 finals in a row is some going. Says it all.

#UTM

Proud of their antics too MM?

Maurice Moss

Jet2

As a now FORMER supporter of the magpies I find your reply absolutely disgusting MM! This team may be 12 time finalists but as a result of using mental tactics to try and get opponents to react to cause this volatile and toxic environment that any match involving these so called legends are apart off! I know for a FACT these are not rumours. This disgusting 'sledging' is what is bred into the younger magpies and it is VILE!

A team of men who spend more times lying on their backs to try and obtain frees instead of playing the sport the way the greats have in previous years. They are a bunch of men suffering from a serious case of 'wee man syndrome' which you may believe is something worthy to be proud off but I for one do not know too many people who do in fact like MARMITE!

AnPuca

Quote from: Jet2 on October 03, 2023, 12:53:39 PMAs a now FORMER supporter of the magpies I find your reply absolutely disgusting MM! This team may be 12 time finalists but as a result of using mental tactics to try and get opponents to react to cause this volatile and toxic environment that any match involving these so called legends are apart off! I know for a FACT these are not rumours. This disgusting 'sledging' is what is bred into the younger magpies and it is VILE!

A team of men who spend more times lying on their backs to try and obtain frees instead of playing the sport the way the greats have in previous years. They are a bunch of men suffering from a serious case of 'wee man syndrome' which you may believe is something worthy to be proud off but I for one do not know too many people who do in fact like MARMITE!

No harm like but it's a bit of an overreaction there to say his reply is absolutely disgusting.

PTC

Legends each and everyone of them

urbangael

Kilcoo have been the standout team in Down for over a decade but their wins are always tarnished.   The level of sledging is vile. I'm sure most club players in Down would agree.  The great teams of Burren and Mayobridge won with a bit of class the same can't be said of Kilcoo.  The true mark of a champion is how they lose and Kilcoo will lose their title at some point, may not be this year but all good things come to an end. The gaa folk of Down just want a good open clean game of football with our 2 best teams..... I'm not very confident that will happen.  Wait for the diving, sledging and off the ball antics.  Any possible method to gain an advantage and make life near impossible for the officials.  Go watch the rugby and see how real men behave.

Sandstorm

Kilcoo have been in the last 11 finals and have won 10 of them. Now they are in another final.
This is bad for Down at county level and is hindering progress. The other clubs in Down must do whatever it takes to stop this dominance for the good of the county team.

OgraAnDun

Final will be a stop start game with the ref afraid of losing control given the high profile nature of the current scandal and recent history of the two teams involved.

GAA Madness

Quote from: PTC on October 03, 2023, 01:21:17 PMLegends each and everyone of them

Anyone wants to know what Kilcoo are like, just watch their supporters on this forum 👆, all cut from the same cloth. Every team has an ethos to win at all costs, but to he a gypsy to others which could affect mental and physical health is a low blow and a level I would prefer my team never go to. Win at all costs is within the rules of the game. With Kilcoos Facebook post, I would assume they know them, as willing to mention it to bulk out their ass covering post.

PTC

Quote from: GAA Madness on October 03, 2023, 01:46:50 PM
Quote from: PTC on October 03, 2023, 01:21:17 PMLegends each and everyone of them

Anyone wants to know what Kilcoo are like, just watch their supporters on this forum 👆, all cut from the same cloth. Every team has an ethos to win at all costs, but to he a gypsy to others which could affect mental and physical health is a low blow and a level I would prefer my team never go to. Win at all costs is within the rules of the game. With Kilcoos Facebook post, I would assume they know them, as willing to mention it to bulk out their ass covering post.
Everybody hates us and we wouldn't have it any other way, up the magpies

downtothecore

Lads just a reminder...the physical abuse dished out to kilcoo on sunday night was terrible. It wasnt dished out because of any sledging. It was dished out because clonduff were stuffed and completely outplayed and their reaction to the tackle was way over the top. DONT loose sight of this amongst all the s hi.e that is now out there on social media..

Truth hurts

Quote from: downtothecore on October 03, 2023, 03:28:27 PMLads just a reminder...the physical abuse dished out to kilcoo on sunday night was terrible. It wasnt dished out because of any sledging. It was dished out because clonduff were stuffed and completely outplayed and their reaction to the tackle was way over the top. DONT loose sight of this amongst all the s hi.e that is now out there on social media..

You seem really confident, which I hope is the case since, at the end of the day, this is only a football game. Clonduff should make a statement to clear things up as these are SERIOUS allegations.

Sandstorm

We cannot be sure what was said on the field but we CAN be sure what Clonduff done at the end of the game.

SHEEDY

Ex Derry manager Ciaran Meenagh has joined the Down senior set up as part of Conor Laverty's management team.
Very good appointment, brings lot of experience.
nil satis nisi optimum

ck

Kilcoos sledging is widely known and only outdone by their ability to dive and win frees. So much arm grabbing followed by diving to the ground as they roll around in severe pain, holding their heads. Kings of the dark arts.
Watch for these in the final.