Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 08, 2017, 12:09:46 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 07, 2017, 01:20:58 PM
Lads who were all these senior team that's we had contesting in Leinster years ago? I must be suffering memory loss

I think you're suffering more than memory loss ...??
A very nasty nasty post.

SCFC

Anyone give Ballylinan a chance?
I don't think they 're tight enough at the back and fear for them against Cahillane and Bruno.
It could be high scoring.
Is Zack around, anyone hear?😊

Don Draper

Ballylinan are going to sentence Portlaoise to, DELETION.

BallyroanAbu

Ballylinan are in a final they have a chance,  Portlaoise have looked fantastic all year, however  they have not been in a tight game all championship and really have not been tested.  They are about a 6/1 - 8/1 chance and that's not far off the mark.

the sash

I'd give them a chance, if they can stay in the game for the first 40-45 mins. They are physically in great shape n will still full of running with 10 mins to go. Portlaoise will not have met a more conditioned side all year.i hope the occasion dosen't get to them.

Unlaoised

I'm going for a win against the odds here in Ballylinan ....

I think fact that Zac won't be there is a boost for the Athy border side!

They have the fitness and forwards to win the game and just need to be patient when the Town have the ball and not foul!
LAOIS ABÚ

Gmac

Quote from: redsetanta on October 06, 2017, 04:13:54 PM
1987 was a disaster of a day for BAllylynan against Portlaoise.

I would assume Portlaoise were hot favourites that day. They had some serious footballers at the time. The 21 point defeat was a tough pill to swallow.
would love to see the team sheets from that final anyone got them?

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Gmac on October 12, 2017, 04:47:47 PM

I would assume Portlaoise were hot favourites that day. They had some serious footballers at the time. The 21 point defeat was a tough pill to swallow.
Their in the programme Sunday as far as I'm aware.

portlaoisekid

Does anyone know why the terrace has not been open for any club matches this year?   I saw a handful on the far side the last day but no one was behind the goals.

No big deal of course, just wondering.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Ballylinan have a great chance of pulling off a shock win here. Portlaoise were poor enough when Graiguecullen started to believe in themselves and went for it. Ballylinan won't need much motivation to give it everything on Sunday and the fact that Zack won't be on the bench, as Unlaoised pointed out, will give them a great boost.
http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/10/12/blow-town-tuohy-wont-home-final/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Monument Road

I can remember that final well. I remember Ballylinan painting some of their footballs green and gold for the day. Players i remember playing and on the panel were Mick Dunne in goals, Eamonn Lacey. Michael Loughman, Seamus Kavanagh, Rocky Mcdonald, Seamus Kelly, Timmy Kavanagh, Ned Kelly, Jimmy Hovendon, Leo & Enda Condron, Declan Mulhare,Gerry Mulhall,Ned Walsh,Eamonn Kaye,John Behan,Ted Farrell,Jimmy Farrell,Jim Lynskey,John Kavanagh,Franko Farrell,Michael Farrell,Paddy Brandon. I probably left a few out. Ballylinan lost a fair few of that team to Kileen in the years after so its a credit to them to start again and reach another Final. The "Bally Boys" love their football and wouldnt it be a great reward for those who stuck it out and worked their socks off to keep the club going. Best of luck .

Laois Laois

Quote from: The Monument Road on October 13, 2017, 11:45:18 AM

I can remember that final well. I remember Ballylinan painting some of their footballs green and gold for the day. Players i remember playing and on the panel were Mick Dunne in goals, Eamonn Lacey. Michael Loughman, Seamus Kavanagh, Rocky Mcdonald, Seamus Kelly, Timmy Kavanagh, Ned Kelly, Jimmy Hovendon, Leo & Enda Condron, Declan Mulhare,Gerry Mulhall,Ned Walsh,Eamonn Kaye,John Behan,Ted Farrell,Jimmy Farrell,Jim Lynskey,John Kavanagh,Franko Farrell,Michael Farrell,Paddy Brandon. I probably left a few out. Ballylinan lost a fair few of that team to Kileen in the years after so its a credit to them to start again and reach another Final. The "Bally Boys" love their football and wouldnt it be a great reward for those who stuck it out and worked their socks off to keep the club going. Best of luck .

Ballylinan didnt do themselves justice that day losing by 21 points in the end i think. They beat Portloise in Championship the following year.

town1980

my opinion is that portlaoise will win handy enough,,i could be wrong i just dont think ballylinan are the team to stop them i do no they have done well this year but the same players suffered defeat to ballyroan last year and a heavy defeat to stradbally so im going for a big town win i  hope anyway

portlaoisekid

Quote from: town1980 on October 13, 2017, 02:29:55 PM
my opinion is that portlaoise will win handy enough,,i could be wrong i just dont think ballylinan are the team to stop them i do no they have done well this year but the same players suffered defeat to ballyroan last year and a heavy defeat to stradbally so im going for a big town win i  hope anyway
Cant agree with that. I think Portlaoise will be to the pin of their collar to beat Ballylynan.   

Dave like the tv channel

both captains were right corner forwards (at least on paper).