Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 09:57:49 PM
Quote from: stew on October 03, 2015, 09:53:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 01:37:32 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 03, 2015, 10:48:16 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on October 03, 2015, 10:42:16 AM
Quote3. Correct, hence they make them stand in a line with their hands above their heads and not run amok where they could startle a trigger happy copper.

This has to be the saddest thing really.

Sadder than the 9 students who died?  Think you're over-egging it a little.  I'm no fan of the cops in America but in that situation, where there may or not be a guy with a gun running around shooting people indiscriminately, I might be inclined to keep my hand on the holster too.

Look at the photo. None of them have their hands on the holster. None of them seem remotely concerned that anyone in front of them is a mass-killer about to open fire.

It is all for show. And what it shows is how highly they value innocent citizens who have just been through a massively traumatic event and may be relatives or friends of the deceased.

Could you imagine, after the Omagh bomb, if the Brits rounded up everyone within a 1 mile radius of the bomb and had them put their hands over their heads until they had all been searched? Would you consider that appropriate policing?

Apples and oranges, several things wrong with your analogy, no bombs were involved, second of all, The USA has a different way of handling cases than the Irish do and thirdly, you are only seeing a snapshot on the pictures, do you really think there were no sharpshooters covering the polices backs? That is not the way they do things here.

You are stretching and trying to be offended it seems! The cops were just doing their jobs the way they have been trained to do their jobs, end of.

Em..........

Never mind.

Bomb different to guns?

Same result, but never mind that either.

Treating the survivors like criminals?

Never mind that either.

Although in fairness I accept your point on the snapshot.

FFS catch yourself on, if you dont think there is a difference between a bomb and a gun you need your head examined muppet!

THEY WERE DOING AS THEY WERE TRAINED TO DO Hardly their fault now is it?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 03, 2015, 10:15:56 PM
Quote3. Correct, hence they make them stand in a line with their hands above their heads and not run amok where they could startle a trigger happy copper.

Sadder than the 9 students who died?  Think you're over-egging it a little.  I'm no fan of the cops in America but in that situation, where there may or not be a guy with a gun running around shooting people indiscriminately, I might be inclined to keep my hand on the holster too.

Look at the photo. None of them have their hands on the holster. None of them seem remotely concerned that anyone in front of them is a mass-killer about to open fire.

It is all for show. And what it shows is how highly they value innocent citizens who have just been through a massively traumatic event and may be relatives or friends of the deceased.

Could you imagine, after the Omagh bomb, if the Brits rounded up everyone within a 1 mile radius of the bomb and had them put their hands over their heads until they had all been searched? Would you consider that appropriate policing?

Apples and oranges, several things wrong with your analogy, no bombs were involved, second of all, The USA has a different way of handling cases than the Irish do and thirdly, you are only seeing a snapshot on the pictures, do you really think there were no sharpshooters covering the polices backs? That is not the way they do things here.

You are stretching and trying to be offended it seems! The cops were just doing their jobs the way they have been trained to do their jobs, end of.

Em..........

Never mind.

Bomb different to guns?

Never mind that either.

FFS catch yourself on, if you dont think there is a difference between a bomb and a gun you need your head examined muppet!

FFS! I have said numerous times on this thread that I don't blame them.

My problem is with their superiors. How many times do I have to post that.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 10:19:07 PM
Quote from: stew on October 03, 2015, 10:15:56 PM

Em..........

Never mind.

Bomb different to guns?

Never mind that either.

FFS! I have said numerous times on this thread that I don't blame them.

My problem is with their superiors. How many times do I have to post that.

"Look at the photo. None of them have their hands on the holster. None of them seem remotely concerned that anyone in front of them is a mass-killer about to open fire".

See that reads to me like you are blaming the cops on the ground and are inferring that they have no reason to do what they were doing, I simply see cops doing what they do because they were trained to do it that way.

Eamonnca1

stew

Franko

You can't pretend to know any of that from the photo you posted. A bombing incident (like the ones you describe) are a totally different thing and you know it.  After a bombing it is highly unlikely that there is a second bomber running around with a device in their pocket ready to bomb people at random.  Your analogy is way off.

You also ignored my second and third points.

Declan

An 11-year-old boy in the US state of Tennessee has been held on suspicion of shooting dead an eight-year-old neighbour in a row over a puppy.
The boy has been charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile.
According to police, he shot the girl on Saturday evening with his father's shotgun after she refused to let him see her puppy.
The girl has been identified as McKayla Dyer. Her mother Latasha said that the two children went to the same school.
"He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. He quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her," Ms Dyer told WATE-TV.
I want her back in my arms," she said.
McKayla Dyer's mother Latasha said that the boy had previously been bullying her daughter
Neighbour Chastity Arwood told WBIR News that she heard the shot ring out and saw McKayla lying on the grass.
"Trying to comfort her mama and her aunt and her grandma and her grandpa and her sister and her brother was the hardest thing I ever had to do," Ms Arwood said.
The boy is scheduled to appear in court again on 28 October.

The Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organisation that compiles data on gun violence in the US, says 559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year.

finbar o tool

Quote from: Declan on October 06, 2015, 07:42:38 AM

The Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organisation that compiles data on gun violence in the US, says 559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year.

WOW, im blown away by some of the stats im seeing (no pun intended), but that one just tops them all! 559 children under 11 killed or injured by guns THIS YEAR!! that school shooting the other day was the 142nd school shooting since 2012! 3 years!!! and that's JUST schools were talking about! I would say Syria doesn't even have numbers like that!
ANYONE defending the gun laws in America has (A) some neck!!! and (B) blood on their hands!!
stupid f**ks!

An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

J70

Quote from: Declan on October 06, 2015, 07:42:38 AM
An 11-year-old boy in the US state of Tennessee has been held on suspicion of shooting dead an eight-year-old neighbour in a row over a puppy.
The boy has been charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile.
According to police, he shot the girl on Saturday evening with his father's shotgun after she refused to let him see her puppy.
The girl has been identified as McKayla Dyer. Her mother Latasha said that the two children went to the same school.
"He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. He quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her," Ms Dyer told WATE-TV.
I want her back in my arms," she said.
McKayla Dyer's mother Latasha said that the boy had previously been bullying her daughter
Neighbour Chastity Arwood told WBIR News that she heard the shot ring out and saw McKayla lying on the grass.
"Trying to comfort her mama and her aunt and her grandma and her grandpa and her sister and her brother was the hardest thing I ever had to do," Ms Arwood said.
The boy is scheduled to appear in court again on 28 October.

You see, that child might not be dead if she had been carrying a firearm to protect herself. ::)

muppet

Quote from: Franko on October 05, 2015, 08:48:04 AM

You can't pretend to know any of that from the photo you posted.

What?
I can see that their hands are not on their holsters.
I can see that they are not looking at the people they have lined up in front of them.
I can see that if a killer is standing right in from of them, and made a move, that they wouldn't see it immediately.

A bombing incident (like the ones you describe) are a totally different thing and you know it.

Ah the old 'and you know it' line. Randomly killing innocent people is obviously the common theme. The choice of weapon is hardly a major factor, and you know it!  :D

After a bombing it is highly unlikely that there is a second bomber running around with a device in their pocket ready to bomb people at random.  Your analogy is way off.

Really? After a shooting, going by most of the other shootings, it would also appear highly unlikely that there is a 2nd shooter etc, etc, as well. Way off my arse. Whether you kill innocent people with a gun or a bomb it hardly matters. In fact with a bombing it is probably more likely that there is more than one person involved, at the very least in the planning of the bomb.

My issue is with the way they treat the survivors. For me there is something hideous about surviving a mass-shooting and then being lined up with your hands over your head, because police bosses need to be seen to be in control.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2015, 03:17:30 PM

What?
I can see that they are not looking at the people they have lined up in front of them.
I can see that if a killer is standing right in from of them, and made a move, that they wouldn't see it immediately.

But you can't see if there are other cops not in shot, monitoring the people coming out.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2015, 03:17:30 PM

What?

But you can't see if there are other cops not in shot, monitoring the people coming out.

I accept that.

I was responding to the 'you can't pretend to know ANY of that', 'and you know it'.  ;D

(For the avoidance of doubt, that was a joke)
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 04, 2015, 07:30:57 AM

I just watched a youtube clip were a boy was telling us that they USA ranks 111th on gun related deaths per 100,000 people per capita, now this is because the USA has the highest gun ownership in the world with 90 people out of a hundred people having one.

Honduras was numero uno, he further stated that if Detroit was taken out of the equation and was it's own country, at 54 per 1000,000 it would rank second out of 218 nations.

I suppose the so called facts could be wrong but I thought the yanks would be top ten/fifteen.

J70

90% of Americans own guns??

Sounds like bullshit to me.

What's the source Stew?