The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Armamike on October 17, 2020, 02:40:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 17, 2020, 02:30:15 PM
Offside is offside.

Big one today is Pickford not getting the line.

What part of his body was offside? Couldn't tell from that angle.

Must of been a hair on his elbow
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

gawa316

David McKeown

I think by rule the Pickford decision was right. I also think the rules are wrong. The rule though has been in place for years. I remember Ashley Cole getting away with something similar years ago and it not being changed.

The offside decision was awful.

Both decisions show why VAR is a disaster
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

The tackle after a decision is made is what it is, the rule has been in place. doesn't make Pickford any less a dirty tr**p, but its the same for every team. Var is hopeless but they all signed up for it, all teams have to deal with..

Reading the reports its was an even enough game and a good point for Liverpool, away to the leaders.

Spare a though for me, while I watched our footballers get stuffed in Wicklow!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on October 17, 2020, 02:51:11 PM
Frustrating to say the least...10 year wait goes on
Actually more frustrating than the Villa defeat.
2 points definitely dropped as they were by far the better team. Thiago could be injured now also according to Klopp after that assault on him by Richarlison.
Big games coming up now with Champions League also in the mix. Need VVD and Becker back soon.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2020, 03:11:26 PM
The tackle after a decision is made is what it is, the rule has been in place. doesn't make Pickford any less a dirty tr**p, but its the same for every team. Var is hopeless but they all signed up for it, all teams have to deal with..

Reading the reports its was an even enough game and a good point for Liverpool, away to the leaders.

Incorrect - Can still get a red card even though it was still given offside. They didn't go to VAR
James McClean was sent off v Wales for a second yellow for a tackle even though he won the free kick just previously

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 17, 2020, 03:29:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2020, 03:11:26 PM

Incorrect - Can still get a red card even though it was still given offside. They didn't go to VAR
James McClean was sent off v Wales for a second yellow for a tackle even though he won the free kick just previously

Well then the ref and VAR need a word with themselves..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

The last 2 pages have made my day...... Var always goes for the teams at the top of the league, that's just the way it is 😎
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 17, 2020, 03:54:48 PM
The last 2 pages have made my day...... Var always goes for the teams at the top of the league, that's just the way it is 😎
And even with VAR ye still couldn't beat Liverpool...
10 years and counting...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

According to the ref in the BT studio Dickford should have been given a red. Irrelevant whether there was an offside. Otherwise you'd have all sorts going on after a decision. Changed the whole game that decision.
That's just, like your opinion man.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on October 17, 2020, 04:05:55 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on October 17, 2020, 03:54:48 PM
And even with VAR ye still couldn't beat Liverpool...
10 years and counting...
and Liverpool couldn't beat Everton either, though its the 1st dropped points of the season for Everton. So yous aren't far away, keep plugging away those wins will come. 👍
nil satis nisi optimum

quit yo jibbajabba

Signin players from Barca and Madrid flat out and still happy with the draw

The Ev tho 😂😃

SHEEDY

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 17, 2020, 04:19:24 PM

The Ev tho 😂😃
[/quote

The Ev tho 😂😃
[/quote

The Ev tho 😂😃
flat out 😂 10 year old and pricks on twitter use the term 'the Ev' which category are you in? Nearly wish that goal had stood, hate seeing all this fume 😍
nil satis nisi optimum

David McKeown

Quote from: Armamike on October 17, 2020, 04:12:40 PM
According to the ref in the BT studio Dickford should have been given a red. Irrelevant whether there was an offside. Otherwise you'd have all sorts going on after a decision. Changed the whole game that decision.

Aye but did you see he tried to back track after the final whistle once he realised he was wrong. Firstly saying it should have been violent conduct (it shouldn't) then saying that it was foul play because the lunge started before the whistle was blown even though the contact was after. Clearly didn't have a clue. The FA explanation on the rules requires three criteria before a foul can be considered.

It's available here https://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/laws-of-the-game/11-v-11/interpretation-of-laws---2013-14/law-12---interpretations-of-the-laws-of-the-game.ashx

One of the three basic criteria for a foul is for the ball to be in play. It wasn't.

Stupid requirement as this showed.

But the above even goes on to say serious foul play can only occur when the ball is in play
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gawa316

The Ev tho 😂😃

Top of the league so they are, unbeaten so they are...the giant awakes, no stopping them now!