Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Dublin played 4 in their full forward line on Donegal kick outs this year!

In hiding

Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2017, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: redhandofgod on January 12, 2017, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2017, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: redhandofgod on January 12, 2017, 08:25:06 AM
Mickey Harte deserves serious credit for those 3 all-Irelands, we wouldn't have won an all-Ireland without him, I do fear now that we wont win another AI with him in charge!!!

He was afforded the opportunity to work with the same group of players he guided from minor and U21, at some point the successful U21 management have to be given that opportunity.

Are you sure about that? The brand of football they have our u21's playing is awful. Apparently they played Pomeroy seniors during the week and played with 15 men in their own 45 when not in possession of the ball. Do we really want to see the likes of Lee Brennan having to defend on his own 21?

No difference to the way our senior team plays then.

At least our senior team plays with two men up front most of the time. I for one do not want Fergal Logan or Brian Dooher anywhere near the senior team playing this brand of football. We need a man that's going to start playing a more attacking brand of football.
This is not true. In the donegal and mayo games only ronan o neill played close to the opposition goals. Skeet played all over the place and everyone else dropped behind the ball when tyrone did not have possession

Gaafan2

Quote from: In hiding on January 12, 2017, 12:52:36 PM
Mickey Harte deserves serious credit for those 3 all-Irelands, we wouldn't have won an all-Ireland without him, I do fear now that we wont win another AI with him in charge!!!

He was afforded the opportunity to work with the same group of players he guided from minor and U21, at some point the successful U21 management have to be given that opportunity.

Are you sure about that? The brand of football they have our u21's playing is awful. Apparently they played Pomeroy seniors during the week and played with 15 men in their own 45 when not in possession of the ball. Do we really want to see the likes of Lee Brennan having to defend on his own 21?

At least our senior team plays with two men up front most of the time. I for one do not want Fergal Logan or Brian Dooher anywhere near the senior team playing this brand of football. We need a man that's going to start playing a more attacking brand of football.
This is not true. In the donegal and mayo games only ronan o neill played close to the opposition goals. Skeet played all over the place and everyone else dropped behind the ball when tyrone did not have possession

Your missing the point, logan and dooher has the 15 men inside their own 45 when not in possession of the ball. Micky Harte hasn't sunk to them depths yet.

In hiding

Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

Your missing the point, logan and dooher has the 15 men inside their own 45 when not in possession of the ball. Micky Harte hasn't sunk to them depths yet.
My point has nothing to do with logan and dooher. My point is that what you were saying isn't true

leenie

I'll be honest fuzzman , I'm undecided, I haven't enjoyed county football for a while now, I still support and attend games but prefer to be more focused on my club. I try not to comment but enjoy seeing the various debates on here, and see points from all sides..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Gaafan2

Quote from: In hiding on January 12, 2017, 01:37:12 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

My point has nothing to do with logan and dooher. My point is that what you were saying isn't true

How the hells it not true, our senior doesn't play with 15 men behind the ball in their own 45 when not in possession, whereas our u21 team does. What don't you get you clown?

Fuzzman

I know what you mean Leenie. After the Mayo game last year I felt very disillusioned about the whole thing. I could understand how Mickey sent his team out to play v Donegal in the Ulster final but I thought the last 10 mins of that game would have taught them that if you can be brave and remove the shackles a bit then you have a better chance of winning. However I thought we were too scared to lose v Mayo and so never really showed our hand, even though we had several chances that we kicked wide.

It will be interesting to see how McGleenan does with Cavan as he has said he doesn't want to play a defensive style game but will he keep to his word when push comes to shove.

In hiding

[quote author=gaafan2

[/quote]
Mickeys mafiat are worse than the dup. Your statement above is not true. Against the better teams we play one forward in the opposition half for large parts of the game.

Club boi

Someone on here said Logan and Dooher were mentioned for the Omagh job. I have also heard they are in line. Would this be possible, managing County U-21 and a Club team??

skeog

It might be difficult but season could be over for u 21s 10 march.

longballin

He also was given a royal flush hand with Dooher, Lawn, Canavan, Cavlan to add to those underage teams. So not by any stretch all down to Harte but he did do well.

Gaafan2

Quote from: In hiding on January 12, 2017, 02:51:18 PM
[quote author=gaafan2

Mickeys mafiat are worse than the dup. Your statement above is not true. Against the better teams we play one forward in the opposition half for large parts of the game.
[/quote]

It is true. I said at least our senior team plays with two men up front MOST OF THE TIME as opposed to 15 men in our own 45. I'm 100% correct in saying this. At what point did I say I supported the way Micky Harte has us playing football. We play an awful brand of football but it would get a whole lot worse under Logan and Dooher.

In hiding

Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2017, 03:46:47 PM
[quote author=gaafan2

It is true. I said at least our senior team plays with two men up front MOST OF THE TIME as opposed to 15 men in our own 45. I'm 100% correct in saying this. At what point did I say I supported the way Micky Harte has us playing football. We play an awful brand of football but it would get a whole lot worse under Logan and Dooher.
[/quote]
Were did i once talk about what Logan and Dooher would do. Although i do remember us winning an All Ireland U21 with Dan Mc Nulty and Lee Brennan playing close to the opposition goals

redhandofgod

Quote from: In hiding on January 12, 2017, 04:12:17 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on January 12, 2017, 03:46:47 PM
[quote author=gaafan2

Were did i once talk about what Logan and Dooher would do. Although i do remember us winning an All Ireland U21 with Dan Mc Nulty and Lee Brennan playing close to the opposition goals
[/quote]

Your right and sparky Cavanagh played fairly high up the field too in support of the FF line.

Il Bomber Destro

The football we're playing at the minute is suited to the players we have.

The team as a whole lacks physicality when you compare it to Dublin, Mayo and Kerry. Every serious team will crowd their defence with numbers. The two factors lacking with Tyrone at the minute is:
a) a reliable free taker
b) a top rate ball winner in the full forward line.

The likes of McCurry, Brennan, Bradley and O'Neill are all lovely footballers but I don't they're particularly great ball winners, especially in the air.

It's about getting the balance right, McAliskey is a big loss as he was a guy who could combine the inside and roving roll quite well, he had a great engine on him, good aggression and some class too. Bradley is a classy player but I'm unsure how effective a guy of his stature can be in the modern game when played in the full forward line. I think the reason he has been used out the pitch so far is that it allows him to get on the ball. Maybe he'll be given his chance this year in there to see how he gets on but I would have doubts, he has to be one of the smallest players playing county football at the minute.