trileacman

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 14, 2018, 08:51:03 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on February 14, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2018, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on February 14, 2018, 03:03:45 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2018, 02:07:54 PM
I've reported Minder for sexism.
Zero tolerance.

I don't think that it was his intention. I'd agree to an extent.

I've reported you as well.

Ah here, I haven't even explained it yet.
I just believe that there's many more people more deserving of it, be they male or female.

You and the other fella clearly haven't a clue. Aisling Thompson is a warrior and a true inspiration. If you guys don't know that it is your loss. Pathetic stuff, ye should be ashamed of yourselves.

We should be ashamed of ourselves because we don't know who the f**k Aisling Thompson is? I'd say 95% of the country hasn't a f**king clue who she is. Another bull shit peddler you are, quick run and find a black, transgender, Syrian refugee that they can make a loachra Gael about. There's obviously a white Christian chauvinist hegemony keeling all these loachra gaels Down. 
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on February 15, 2018, 02:22:17 AM
Zero tolerance.

I just believe that there's many more people more deserving of it, be they male or female.

You and the other fella clearly haven't a clue. Aisling Thompson is a warrior and a true inspiration. If you guys don't know that it is your loss. Pathetic stuff, ye should be ashamed of yourselves.

We should be ashamed of ourselves because we don't know who the f**k Aisling Thompson is? I'd say 95% of the country hasn't a f**king clue who she is. Another bull shit peddler you are, quick run and find a black, transgender, Syrian refugee that they can make a loachra Gael about. There's obviously a white Christian chauvinist hegemony keeling all these loachra gaels Down.

Embarrassing.

Jinxy

Zero tolerance.

Let it all out.  ;D
All that's missing is a reference to 'snowflakes'.

p.s. I've reported you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Keyser soze

Who is Aisling Thompson, I've never heard of her.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 15, 2018, 11:14:50 AM

Cork camogie player, fairly tough stages in her life, couple of All Irelands. A very interesting story no doubt.

Has there been a Laochra Gael on Angela or Ann Downey, or Liz Howard? Or even Fiona O'Driscoll. I'd have thought they were much more deserving of Laochra Gael status, but Aisling's story is probably more intriguing.

westbound

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 15, 2018, 11:18:39 AM

Cork camogie player, fairly tough stages in her life, couple of All Irelands. A very interesting story no doubt.

Has there been a Laochra Gael on Angela or Ann Downey, or Liz Howard? Or even Fiona O'Driscoll. I'd have thought they were much more deserving of Laochra Gael status, but Aisling's story is probably more intriguing.

The Downey's were featured a few years ago. Don't think Liz Howard was, but I could be mistaken.

GalwayBayBoy

I only find the Aisling Thompson one odd in that she's still an active player as far as I know. Surely they could have waited until she's retired at least.

Looks like LG are going for less episodes (only 5 this season) but have doubled the length of the show. Will probably suit some players. Others not so much.

Jinxy

I just know Lar's edition is going to be comedy gold.
He's so earnest about everything.
I remember the documentary they did about him a few years ago where he was describing the laundry system his Mam has for washing his gear.  :)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LooseCannon

That was something to the effect as to what I was trying to say.

tonto1888

what is the criteria for having one done?

magpie seanie

Zero tolerance.

You know you should delete that. You've made a fool of yourself.

magpie seanie

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 15, 2018, 02:38:30 PM

what is the criteria for having one done?

TG4 decide to do a programme on you? It's not a lifetime achievement award......it's a decision by a television programme to commission a programme on your life and moreso your gaelic games career. I suppose you should be a "Laoch"....Ashling Thompson fits the criteria, have no doubt. She's definitely one of the most recognisable camogie players of recent times (along with some of her teammates) and her own personal story is inspiring.

Re: AZ's question above there was one done about Angela and Ann Downey in 2004. That's the only other one to feature camogie players. From ladies football we've had Juliet Murphy, Cora Staunton, Niamh Kindlon, Annette Clarke and Cliodhna O'Connor. Out of 130 episodes. Obviously that's too many for some of our Neanderthal friends.

Perhaps people should contact TG4 with their ideas for "more deserving" candidates?

johnneycool

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 15, 2018, 12:32:27 PM
I only find the Aisling Thompson one odd in that she's still an active player as far as I know. Surely they could have waited until she's retired at least.

Looks like LG are going for less episodes (only 5 this season) but have doubled the length of the show. Will probably suit some players. Others not so much.

Aisling has a bag full of AI medals and seemingly a far from normal path through life to date, so no wonder TG4 wanted to do a show on a GAA star with a different story to tell.

GetOverTheBar

Give her a google, powerful stuff and promises to be a great story.

Keyser soze

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

Give her a google, powerful stuff and promises to be a great story.

Might just do that thanks.

[in case Jinxy reports me  ;)  ]