China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Meant in so much - and you could see it at the start of this thread for example.

Life wouldn't be the same again, normality as we knew it was dead....but sure here we are and people are flying out on summer hols (or whatever remains of it) to whatever spot is on the Green List right now.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 17, 2020, 09:43:36 AM
Meant in so much - and you could see it at the start of this thread for example.

Life wouldn't be the same again, normality as we knew it was dead....but sure here we are and people are flying out on summer hols (or whatever remains of it) to whatever spot is on the Green List right now.

Fair enough.

Has anyone been on foreign holidays? Cant imagine it is anything similar to what it was before?

GetOverTheBar

Couple of ones in my work place have been away. One was caught in Croatia....had to do the quarantine because flight home was more expensive than it was worth.

Few been to Greece. Business as usual so they are saying - bar the nightclubs.

Dire Ear

Any flu numbers from last 5-10 years compared to now?, I know it's only Sept.
Yes, I'm implying that it's a bad flu,  and yes I have had a death in the family from Covid19 "related" symptoms.

armaghniac

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 17, 2020, 10:36:52 AM
Yes, I'm implying that it's a bad flu,  and yes I have had a death in the family from Covid19 "related" symptoms.

Are you entirely resistant to information? It isn't a "bad flu" it is an order or magnitude higher with 10-20 times the fatalities, and that is even with measures. All the data showed deaths this year far beyond the average and that average includes flu. Flu has a vaccine, it isn't entirely effective but keeps things under some control. And it is only September, flu only really kills a lot of people in 3 months of the year, hence January is higher in a normal year, you would have feck all dying from flu in June to August in any case.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

And the Ulster Final drew 30,000 to Clones in mid June.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Rossfan on September 17, 2020, 11:07:13 AM

And the Ulster Final drew 30,000 to Clones in mid June.....

If it went ahead tomorrow and it was passed.....you'd have 30k at it. Would you disagree?

Rossfan

Just pointing out that life hasn't returned to anything near normal as we knew it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Yeah but that's by law....not by desire.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 17, 2020, 11:53:55 AM
Yeah but that's by law....not by desire.

Of course we want it back to normal but while this dose is knocking around we do not want to get Covid, law or no law.

Baile Brigín 2

The Covid restriction measures have serioudly slowed down the spread of the flu, which is much more predictable and treatable

seafoid

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 17, 2020, 12:15:37 PM

The Covid restriction measures have serioudly slowed down the spread of the flu, which is much more predictable and treatable
Handwashing , masks and reduced social interaction have really helped.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 17, 2020, 12:15:37 PM

Normally they base the flu vaccine on the variations in circulation in the southern hemisphere over our summer. This year flu has been much less common and the vaccine has been delayed as consequence.

Farrandeelin

240 extra cases and 1 death today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 17, 2020, 08:11:12 PM
240 extra cases and 1 death today.

6 counties is 149, which is even more pro rate. There is some sort of cluster in the area from Armagh city to the Monaghan border.