Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

That was the old Man U. Everything went against them. Refs conspired. Yet they still won and won emphatically. Played some wonderful football. With one or two signings we're looking at genuine title contenders.

I've been critical of OGS but as a manager he's light years in front of Jose. Doubtful he'll be there next year, and I would imagine any Spurs player with any sort of ambition will be gone as well.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: screenexile on April 11, 2021, 08:48:25 PM
Was Pogba's not an elbow as well??

What was Ole on about with that stupid statement about not feeding his son? Random! I know he's Norwegian but surely he can come up with something better to say than that!

I thought it was 'sent to bed with no supper' type of thing. Jose made a cabbage out of himself with his response.

NAG1

Good response yesterday again after going behind and good to see a bit of needle in Ole and the team after the decision.

Still think the team are relying too much on one or two pieces of individual brilliance, there were periods when it was all too much side to side and not enough cutting through. Need to find a way to play through or round these packed defences which if they keep improving they will face more and more.

Nice result to keep a good gap to Leicester hopefully can get to the last few games with this gap and hopefully be able to push for the Europa without any consequences for the league performance.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2021, 08:57:11 AM
That was the old Man U. Everything went against them. Refs conspired. Yet they still won and won emphatically. Played some wonderful football. With one or two signings we're looking at genuine title contenders.

I've been critical of OGS but as a manager he's light years in front of Jose. Doubtful he'll be there next year, and I would imagine any Spurs player with any sort of ambition will be gone as well.

If he can convince Pogba to stay, as in make him actually want to stay not because nobody will pay up, and add a couple of proper first team players then you never know. Just hope they can finish the season strongly now and get the EL won. 

Ethan Tremblay

I have always liked OGS as a manager as he came in with no ego, knows the club ethos and is United through and through so I want him to succeed.  Closing the gap and instilling a sense of belief in this United team is what he is doing and it will eventually pay off. 

Mourinho is a beaten docket now and will most likely be out of the picture next year, as will Kane. 

Sidenote, Keane was on top form in the studio yesterday.  Although I find his analysis always over critical, he is usually not far away on or thereabouts.  Micah Richards is cracking also, I would imagine many viewers like myself look forward to the pre/post match and half time commentary as much as the match itself. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2021, 08:57:11 AM

What?

Cunny Funt

Drama free Quarter Final tie for United. Got by as expected without Shaw, Maguire, McTominay and were able to rest Rashford.

Up next Roma in the semi finals, plenty of familiar faces in Dzeko, Pedro and former United players Mkhitaryan, and Smalling though the latter may miss out through injury.

Cunny Funt

Remarkably Uniteds first league double over Burnley since the mid 70s and the run looked like it would continue, in the end though a hard earned and deserved win. Burnley to their credit more than played their part in a decent quality game.

As for the European super league, the greedy owners can fcuk right off

GJL

With Woodward gone maybe the Glazers will follow. 🤞🤞

bigarsedkeeper

From listening to things last night the supporters are still planning to go ahead with the protest on Saturday at Old Trafford. You would think this is the best chance we've had to get the Glazers out. Still can't see who comes in with the money to get rid of them though.

I was glad to hear the players stood up to the board, some of the ones named I never expected. You can question Ole and the team on the pitch plenty but they do seem to become a much more likeable group of players.

Armagh18

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on April 21, 2021, 08:44:36 AM
From listening to things last night the supporters are still planning to go ahead with the protest on Saturday at Old Trafford. You would think this is the best chance we've had to get the Glazers out. Still can't see who comes in with the money to get rid of them though.

I was glad to hear the players stood up to the board, some of the ones named I never expected. You can question Ole and the team on the pitch plenty but they do seem to become a much more likeable group of players.
Yeah I'd agree- Rashford, Shaw, Bruno, McTominay, Fred, Bailly all seem really likeable with the right attitude as well.

Maroon Manc

There's 6 Glazer siblings, several of them have no interest in the club and want rid according to reports for a good few years. Not sure where they go now, revenue has stalled in recent years commercially and doesn't look there's going to be any major increase in TV revenue in the short term now either. Woodward was finally starting to understand his role too so from their point of view its a blow he's leaving.

There's one man who can really gather momentum if he opens his mouth but unfortunately Fergie has ben happy to keep quiet since their arrival and defend them.

Rich Ricci

My got what an awful game of football. Leeds learned their lesson from the game at Old Trafford and Utd were just happy to kick it off Leeds players all day.

Milltown Row2

Decent use of the bus today, Leeds happy enough with the draw. My mad Leeds supporter friend was giving me loads on WhatsApp!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea