Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2018, 12:29:03 AM
Tick tock tick tock...

Is there anyone Utd can bring in today that will make a difference??

Liverpool & Arsenal have improved their squads while Chelsea have a new manager and given City's youth and a manager constantly tweaking and improving the system you'd have to expect they will be better again!

Can United go better than last season?? Hopefully not  ;D
Or is the Jose third season implosion coming?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Over the Bar

I'd much prefer United signed no-one today and Jose have youth a chance to come through.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 09, 2018, 03:19:41 PM
I'd much prefer United signed no-one today and Jose have youth a chance to come through.
It's a centre half they are after and the other options there aren't too young. I still think Bailly and Lindelof could make a half decent partnership if given time and stay injury free though. I'd like to see Gomes and Chong given some time this season.

Geoff Tipps

Looks like Jose will be forced to do the unthinkable and coach the players he has to improve the team.

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 09, 2018, 03:28:35 PM
Looks like Jose will be forced to do the unthinkable and coach the players he has to improve the team.

A rare thing indeed for any top manager today...

gawa316

Yeah cause he is so nuturing isn't he

Boycey

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on August 09, 2018, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 09, 2018, 03:44:03 PM

Yeah cause he is so nuturing isn't he

Shocking https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/how-many-minutes-your-club-12535264

I guess he'll have to retract this statement after the Liverpool game then

"This is not our squad. Reinforcements, you mean players that I would like to buy, that's another thing, but this is not my squad. This is not even half my squad, or 30% of it. So don't look to this."

Boycey

Ur the one that needs to retract ur statement  :)

Cunny Funt

I think the quality of the PL will increase this year and any chance United have of finishing in the top 2 again this season they will need Pogba to become more a team player and less of individual,Bailly to stay fit,Sanchez to shake off his poor form from last year (he was signed in poor form), Lukaku to snap out of his habit of doing little or nothing against the top teams and Fred,Dalot to turn out to be a good signings. 

GJL

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 09, 2018, 05:28:16 PM
I think the quality of the PL will increase this year and any chance United have of finishing in the top 2 again this season they will need Pogba to become more a team player and less of individual,Bailly to stay fit,Sanchez to shake off his poor form from last year (he was signed in poor form), Lukaku to snap out of his habit of doing little or nothing against the top teams and Fred,Dalot to turn out to be a good signings.

All of the above is more than possible.

screenexile

Interesting there's sentiment around that feels sorry for Jose because Utd's recruitment is so poor and it's all Woodward's fault. . . Who would want to come in to play for Mourinho in the current environment? He's hung so many players out to dry why would you want to subject yourself to that it's not like you'd be winning trophies to make you feel better.

It's Woodward you'd have to feel for at this stage...

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on August 09, 2018, 04:53:37 PM
Ur the one that needs to retract ur statement  :)

I think you need to look up the definition of nuture

brokencrossbar1

It's quite obvious that the club hierarchy don't trust JM and are working towards an exit strategy here. If this had been Fegie he would have had whatever money he wanted. JM will throw the toys out even more over the next few weeks if things are not going his way...'what do people expect when they didn't back me with money to buy x, y and z....not my fault!'  That is clearly the next stage of the JM annual circus. He had plenty of quality players at his disposal, both purchased and I herited and could do much with them if he wants. I still think they are top 2-4 behind City. Much will depend on how they start the season and if there's any World Cup hangover from Pogba, Lukaku etc.  If they start well confidence will build....if not then you don't know what way it will go