Rossfan

That's the clincher 😊
AI Semis here we come.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: theyellowbus on July 16, 2018, 01:59:39 PM
While i don't think it will be as bad as a hammering as Saturday i cant see us keeping it below 6 points.
With all the good intentions in the world Saturdays hammering will have knocked the stuffing out of these guys and unless the naivety on the line changes i.e defence set up properly then we will be in for a long day.
Pride and heart will only get you so far this at this stage of championship and Donegals physique and fitness will ensure us chasing a game up until 55 minutes before we fall away.

As far the resident clown from Roscommon he reminds me a bit of Kim Jong in North Korea its only true if i believe it.

You need to stop being an internet tough guy. The mouth on you.

This lad Syferus is some toolbag...Catch a grip of yourself man your county just took the mother of all hammerings from at team in the top 5 teams in Ireland and your still kidding yourself that Roscommon are on a power wih another of the top 5 teams.  The reality is that tbe super 8s was always in danger of throwing up one or two teams who are seriously out or their depth that run the risk of taking 2-3 serious hammerings as the top side hit their peak season in july/August.....Take a chill pill and get some perspective.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2018, 01:06:22 PM
I suppose, Donegal drew with Mayo in the league. Ros drew with Mayo last August. Therefore the two teams are on a very similar level.
Donegal got relegated. Ros got promoted. Ships passing in the night.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

This is nicely set up for a Rossie ambush.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Jinxy on July 16, 2018, 03:26:35 PM
This is nicely set up for a Rossie ambush.

No chance Donegal on a par with Tyrone Roscommon don't have the capacity for an ambush either on the field and certainly not on the line Donegal + 5

J70

I think it still remains to be seen whereabouts Donegal are at. We were hammered by Tyrone and Galway only a year ago, although we have improved dramatically, at least tactically, this year. Roscommon owe their supporters an extremely serious effort here, so Donegal will have to match that intensity. I'd be very happy with a one point win to (presumably) keep our hopes alive for the Tyrone game (if Tyrone beat the Dubs, we are done).

Whitnail

Yea..... difficult match. If the Rossies get off to a good start with the crowd behind them it could be  a difficult afternoon. Id like to think we can extend our championship for another week at least though

macdanger2

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2018, 06:28:08 PM
I think it still remains to be seen whereabouts Donegal are at. We were hammered by Tyrone and Galway only a year ago, although we have improved dramatically, at least tactically, this year. Roscommon owe their supporters an extremely serious effort here, so Donegal will have to match that intensity. I'd be very happy with a one point win to (presumably) keep our hopes alive for the Tyrone game (if Tyrone beat the Dubs, we are done).

I'm that (unlikely) situation, a win for ye v Tyrone the following week would leave three teams on 4 points

inthrough

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 16, 2018, 08:12:34 PM

I'm that (unlikely) situation, a win for ye v Tyrone the following week would leave three teams on 4 points
If we beat Ros by one point & Tyrone beat Dublin, we would need to hammer Tyrone by at least 12 points & I don't see that happening.

Syferus

Quote from: inthrough on July 16, 2018, 08:31:59 PM

If we beat Ros by one point & Tyrone beat Dublin, we would need to hammer Tyrone by at least 12 points & I don't see that happening.

Tyrone ain't beating Dublin, though.

inthrough

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 08:33:11 PM

Can't see it either, but you never do know.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 08:33:11 PM

You so sure Syf? It hasn't been a great year for any of your predictions.

imtommygunn

He will get one right eventually and it will be like the rest never happened ;D

seafoid

Ros are better than the last day. The team didn't play in the second half and they know they are better than that. They owe it to the fans to deliver a performance.
Donegal are a challenge but if everything goes well Ros could do it.
This team has more potential than getting steamrollered by Tyrone would suggest.
Ivan Lendl says there are losses people learn from and useless losses.
John Trudell said it''s not about whether we can or we can't.  It''s about whether we will or we won't. 

And anyone who thinks Tyrone will beat Dublin has notions.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

2-20,2-16,2-22 and 2-18 is what Donegal scored in their games in Ulster this year. One of the main reasons why Dublin won last Saturday was because they stopped Donegal from scoring goals but  Donegal still managed to score 0-16.  The main question here is how much will Donegal score this weekend against a Roscommon team that conceded 5-43 in their last two games?