Meath Vs Kildare - 5th Feb, Navan

Started by thejuice, January 24, 2017, 10:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well Andy should have a squad picked soon enough and I'd say he has a good idea of what the starting line up is bar three or four positions.

My starters for the league would be as below though if Michael Newman can get fit again I'd get him in ahead of Ward. Same for Conor McGill at corner back instead of Curren but that not Currens strongest position anyway.

J Hannigan;

S Curran, D Keogan, M Burke;
C Downey, B Power, A Forde;

B Menton, A Flanagan;

C O'Sullivan, G Reilly, P Kennelly;
B McMahon, F Ward, D Lenihan.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Meath have to be massive favourites for this just by being a solid division 2 team. If Kildare show a bit of spirit and courage it will be a step in the right direction but I will be travelling without any hope.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mup

Ohtoohtobe

Jinxy

Shamrock Shore

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 26, 2017, 08:21:04 PM
Leinster final preview in February?

Only if you have a time machine set to 1998.

Jinxy

thejuice

Wonder if we'll go with Paddy O'Rourke or Jack in goals. I think Jack deserves a go. Team will probably be announced tomorrow. Don't know if Joe will be on the bench if Paddy is back in the squad.

Someone on Hoganstand was defending POR saying that the sending off against Westmeath was harsh as "it was only a frontal charge".  ;D what a defence. He should be a lawyer.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

POR's problem is he doesn't want to be a goalkeeper.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Just 2 changes from the Kildare team humiliated by Dublin's 3rd team with Ollie Lyons coming in for Mark Hyland and Kevin Feely in for Fionn Dowling. Very close to what our championship team will be but I will be travelling up without any hope.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 02, 2017, 09:40:50 PM
Just 2 changes from the Kildare team humiliated by Dublin's 3rd team with Ollie Lyons coming in for Mark Hyland and Kevin Feely in for Fionn Dowling. Very close to what our championship team will be but I will be travelling up without any hope.

Fair statement if championship was being played now, but I hope the likes of Peter Kelly, Shea Ryan, Mark Sherry, Eoghan O'Flaherty (if he's convinced to return) and Sean Hurley (if he gets his act together, which I admit is a big 'if') will be pushing come summer.

Donnellys Hollow

I think Feely started the last day, it is Tommy Moolick starting instead of Dowling. Sherry unfortunately isn't on the panel.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Sorry you are right about Feely.

Sherry is someone who stood out at minor but for me has been a little disappointing at senior level, he has not stood out (as a senior county player) for TMH at all in the few times I've seen them in intermediate championship games. Cian O'Neill was at one of them at least (presumably the Towers games too) last year and would have taken note.
He is still young and could develop still but I don't see why people are calling for him.

Sean Hurley always had incredible potential and hopefully Aussie Rules hasn't ruined him. Finding the proper position for him, keeping him fit and getting some consistency in his game is what is needed.

Shea Ryan is still young and we can be patient with, he may not have enough speed/mobility to be a very good wing back but still has the makings of a very good centre back/sweeper. Throwing him in at the deep end might not be wise.

Peter Kelly will probably be injured again, when fit does he go back in corner back or is he worth playing further out the field?

E O'Flat if he comes back hopefully comes back hypnotised into playing with some confidence and with a shoot on sight mentality.