GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: Hound on June 04, 2018, 09:45:29 PM
Quote from: tippabu on June 04, 2018, 09:35:11 PM
Interesting that for all the giving out (I know michael duignans auld lad wont be able to watch any gaa saturday) but SKY are showing 3 games on saturday and more importantly the choice of two games at the same time with both Leinster hurling games being shown at 7pm, something you wont get with RTE. Sunday you have Tipp Clare and Waterford Limerick on at 2, both huge games in the context of the championship but only one is going to be shown and then we get to see dublin beat longford at their ease. Credit to SKY (and eir) who are able to show games that are on at the same time and do it.

A pity the Dubs didn't beat Kilkenny like they should have, as it would have made it a really exciting end to the group stages. Instead Galway v Dublin is a dead rubber, and while the victors of Wex v KK will find themselves in a Leinster final (as big underdogs), the losers will still be in the All Ireland series.

I know one 3rd place team plays the winner of the Joe McDonagh Cup. Who does the other 3rd place team play?

Top 2 teams in joe mcdonagh play the 3rd placed teams in munster and leinster

craicwas90

Interesting that for all the giving out (I know michael duignans auld lad wont be able to watch any gaa saturday) but SKY are showing 3 games on saturday and more importantly the choice of two games at the same time with both Leinster hurling games being shown at 7pm, something you wont get with RTE. Sunday you have Tipp Clare and Waterford Limerick on at 2, both huge games in the context of the championship but only one is going to be shown and then we get to see dublin beat longford at their ease. Credit to SKY (and eir) who are able to show games that are on at the same time and do it.

Sky are showing just 2 games according to this http://www.skysports.com/watch/gaa-on-sky

Meath v Tyrone and Kilkenny v Wexford.

Esmarelda

Quote from: craicwas90 on June 05, 2018, 11:52:23 AM

Sky are showing just 2 games according to this http://www.skysports.com/watch/gaa-on-sky

They previously had just the two hurling games listed.

Clinker

Quote from: craicwas90 on June 05, 2018, 11:52:23 AM

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=meath%20sky&src=typd

gallsman

Who is Sky's primary commentator? David someone. He's absolutely terrible and it's like he's watching a different game at times.

tippabu

Sky have been blessed with games so far this year, Cork limerick, tyrone meath, kilkenny wexford all brilliant games

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on June 09, 2018, 07:22:35 PM
Who is Sky's primary commentator? David someone. He's absolutely terrible and it's like he's watching a different game at times.

They made some absolute howlers last night. Wrong player names, not knowing what constitutes a black/yellow card and let's not get started on the Mcaliskey "goal" from out the field.

Esmarelda

Dave McIntyre.

I thought some of the black card calls were worthy of debate. Reilly's late foul was very close to a drag down. So he though the McAliskey effort went in, big deal. He made a mistake. Compared to Canning, Cairney and Carr, I know who I'd prefer.

Hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 10, 2018, 05:28:06 AM

They made some absolute howlers last night. Wrong player names, not knowing what constitutes a black/yellow card and let's not get started on the Mcaliskey "goal" from out the field.
I think McIntyre has a good "commentator's voice", but it's really annoying that when he makes a mistake, he then makes up some BS excuse or blames someone else for the mistake.

He needs to do some more homework in terms of the rules and players' names

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Esmarelda on June 10, 2018, 08:59:24 AM
Dave McIntyre.

I thought some of the black card calls were worthy of debate. Reilly's late foul was very close to a drag down. So he though the McAliskey effort went in, big deal. He made a mistake. Compared to Canning, Cairney and Carr, I know who I'd prefer.

Yes but when he started rambling on about his surprise as to why the guys who got red cards in normal time had not reappeared for the extra time it showed that he does needs to brush up on the rules a bit 😂

ONeill

Peter Canavan's attire raised worries for me. Is he ok at the minute?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

themac_23

Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 10, 2018, 10:09:45 AM
Dave McIntyre.

Yes but when he started rambling on about his surprise as to why the guys who got red cards in normal time had not reappeared for the extra time it showed that he does needs to brush up on the rules a bit 😂

That had to go down as one of the stupidest comments from a commentator in GAA ever, Ben Brennan standing on the line crucially the free taker not coming back on after his red card at the end of normal time!

Rossfan

One good thing about the Sky commentators is they sound excited about the game unlike Canning who really should become a cricket commentator.
Caravan should be locked up for wearing that outfit.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Dave McIntyre.

He was still going on about the "goal" as the umpire was waving the white flag. It was comical. I'm a big fan of sky coverage by the way so not having a go.

Seany

I actually think Dave McIntyre is a brilliant commentator. Great voice and has respect for the players. He also has the perfect tonal balance and knows his stuff. He and Dara Molobey the best. Brian Tyers also really good.