Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on May 04, 2023, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 04, 2023, 09:14:35 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 03, 2023, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on May 03, 2023, 04:26:03 PM
No promotion in any of the hurling leagues this year? Surely that can't be right? What incentive does that give to teams, surely they would deserve a play off at the very least

It is right, I'm presuming it was agreed by the clubs in Antrim.

One team relegated from Div1, two from Div2 and 1 from Div3.

Not sure this would be correct, open to challenge though.

Each club has CB delegates, no?

This would have needed voting through at a CB meeting.

JC Im not 100% on this so as I said open to correction, but the reaction of some clubs and the surprise therein of what I've heard makes me think that it wasn't through CC.

Stillwater2

Clubs were made aware last week via email there would not be promotion. The first they made aware of it, despite what was discussed and agreed at CC

NAG1

Quote from: Stillwater2 on May 04, 2023, 01:07:11 PM
Clubs were made aware last week via email there would not be promotion. The first they made aware of it, despite what was discussed and agreed at CC

My understanding as well.

Saffrongael

Just Div 1 or across all 4 Divisions ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffsof82

I remember this being talked about a few months back

Saffrongael

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 04, 2023, 10:11:30 PM

How can you change the rules once the season has started ? I know it's Antrim and all but still
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 04, 2023, 10:21:40 PM

How can you change the rules once the season has started ? I know it's Antrim and all but still

Promotion/Relegation in the hurling leagues have changed mid stream manys a time in Antrim and for as long as I can remember, so not a new thing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2023, 08:58:24 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 04, 2023, 10:21:40 PM

Promotion/Relegation in the hurling leagues have changed mid stream manys a time in Antrim and for as long as I can remember, so not a new thing.

Yes has happened many times both as a player and manager I've seen it happen and not for the good in my personal experiences  :-X
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

The Cats are in town on Sunday. Personally I am looking forward to seeing TJ in championship action up close in what could well be his last season of inter county. Antrim will be up against it alright but the national league match was competitive even if Antrim never looked like winning. Hopefully its another entertaining game of high quality hurling and who knows we might give them a scare or two.

Saffrongael

So Antrim hurling leagues -

Div 1 - one team relegated.

Div 2 - No promotion & bottom two relegated to Div 3

Div 3 - No promotion & bottom team relegated to Div 4

Div 4 - No promotion

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 05, 2023, 01:37:36 PM

Div 4 - No promotion

Yes.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2023, 01:45:52 PM

Div 4 - No promotion

Yes.

Wouldnt it be class if we had a full time Secretary who could actually spend time making sure this kind of thing doesn't happen.....

Saffrongael

Quote from: NAG1 on May 05, 2023, 01:53:03 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2023, 01:45:52 PM

Div 4 - No promotion

Yes.

Wouldnt it be class if we had a full time Secretary who could actually spend time making sure this kind of thing doesn't happen.....

It's ridiculous

Milltown Row2

Not defending anyone here but surely the clubs vote these things in? No or has that changed also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

What's the reasoning for no promotion ?