American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Someone suggested setting up an American Sports Thread the other day so here goes. To start with, a clip that shows american football can be like rugby after all!..

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3083220&categoryId=2564308&n8pe6c=2&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gabriel_Hurl

lfdown2

lfdown2

deiseach

If so, it's going to be a good year for Boston.

heganboy

Quotecan pats be stopped?
definitely, they can be caught on a bad day, brady can get injured, its been a bad year for QBs but the only team realistically capable of beating them in a fair game is the Colts next week. Its the first time ever that two teams that are a minimum of 7-0 are meeting up.
Going to be a cracker, I have my sofa booked for the game. It'll be interesting to see just how good the colts pass defense is.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

Mr April - very droll. But I recall Peyton Manning was being disparaged as gridiron's Mr October. Perhaps A-Rod can come through like he did

Then again . . .

Maybe not

magickingdom

anyone know was the dolphins/giants game in wembly a sell out yesterday? all the papers say so yet there were loads of seats covered with canvas all around the sides. also looks like their going to have to do something with the pitch, got really cut up towards the end. great to see the game there tho...

Gabriel_Hurl

they sold all the seats that were available - looked to be lots of empty seats  though - so it was technically a sell-out

J70

The word over here is that they doubt if the British public will be anxious for much more American football given the dismal fare on show at Wembley yesterday! One awful team and another perhaps flattering to deceive so far. Manning was fairly poor apparently.

Mind you, the only the thing they're talking about on the sports channels in NY is A-Rod! Not Boston, not the game in London, not Chad Pennington! A lot of Yankees fans seem happy he may be leaving. Never does it in the playoffs apparently. The fact that they wouldn't have made the playoffs this year without him, or that he is probably heading for a third MVP with them, doesn't seem to matter. Who will they blame next year?

Gabriel_Hurl

All seems very fishy that this is announced the day the Red Sox wins the World Series

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 29, 2007, 01:42:34 PM
All seems very fishy that this is announced the day the Red Sox wins the World Series

During the eighth inning no less

heganboy

Fishy my ass. His agent Boras practically runs the league. He has a huge amount of players on his roster, but this was a very calculated move to get the press on the A-Rod band wagon this morning, given the poor display from the Rockies.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity