American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 29, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
Wow. And they got DRC from the Cards. Going to be hard to pass on the Eagles this year. TEs and slot receivers who play against the eagles a lot might be good fantasy value.

Surely Philly now looks to deal Asante Samuels.

Capt Pat

I disagreed with the Jets going after Nnamdi and filling their roster with expensive defensive backs. Same goes for the Eagles. I think they would have done better chasing a receiver in free agency. I feel Nnamdi would have been better off going to the Texans where he would have got a lot of credit for helping to turn around the worst pass defense in football.

mc_grens

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 30, 2011, 12:23:43 AM
I disagreed with the Jets going after Nnamdi and filling their roster with expensive defensive backs. Same goes for the Eagles. I think they would have done better chasing a receiver in free agency. I feel Nnamdi would have been better off going to the Texans where he would have got a lot of credit for helping to turn around the worst pass defense in football.

Thats just it though... I dont think he would have. They'd still be a soft football team. They're too soft up front and at corner, and their safeties cant cover.

Minder

Quote from: mc_grens on July 30, 2011, 12:26:47 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 30, 2011, 12:23:43 AM

Thats just it though... I dont think he would have. They'd still be a soft football team. They're too soft up front and at corner, and their safeties cant cover.

When the Texans signed Jonathan Joseph they were probably done with trying to get Nnamdi, they have fairly upgraded with Joseph & Daniel Manning though.

Jets bust Vernon Gholston is now a Bear.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on July 30, 2011, 12:19:57 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 29, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
Wow. And they got DRC from the Cards. Going to be hard to pass on the Eagles this year. TEs and slot receivers who play against the eagles a lot might be good fantasy value.

Surely Philly now looks to deal Asante Samuels.

You'd think so, but they say not  ::) They're making some moves. Vince Young there now as backup as well.

Capt Pat

The Eagles brought in Cullen Jenkins as well. They have invested heavily on defense.

thejuice

Peyton Manning got a $90m 5 year deal with the Colts. I thought he said earlier he would take a pay cut to allow more cap room.

Maybe $90m is a pay cut.  ???
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

Quote from: thejuice on July 31, 2011, 09:13:33 AM
Peyton Manning got a $90m 5 year deal with the Colts. I thought he said earlier he would take a pay cut to allow more cap room.

Maybe $90m is a pay cut.  ???

Great politics there from Peyton Manning saying something like that while walking off with all the loot. He would make a great politician I would say the deal was already negotiated when he said that. He was just softening the blow.

magpie seanie

Marion Barber to the Bears. Does this mean Chester Taylor will be ejected or what will they do? Give Barber the short yardage and goaline downs that Taylor couldn't covert last year? Fecks up Forst's fantasy value a lot.

Capt Pat

That is a good point about Forte. Barber has the ability to prosper in Chicago if given the chance which would spoil Fortes fantasy value.

magpie seanie

I had Forte last year on my Fantasy team and was cracking up when they gave goal line carries to Chester Taylor (all the more so when he didn't get in!!).

The Iceman

I'm very excited about the '11 season. All these trades and bolstering up of teams should make for a great season with some very intriguing matchups.
Tri State teams all look strong........
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 31, 2011, 10:33:55 PM
That is a good point about Forte. Barber has the ability to prosper in Chicago if given the chance which would spoil Fortes fantasy value.

Capt, you are correct that Forte's value will drop, look for a RBBC situation.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Breaking news on NFL TV

WR Randy Moss RETIRES!!!!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Offalylad

Pity. When his head was right, he was by a mile the best receiver in the league in recent years.