Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2011, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on August 03, 2011, 03:48:39 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2011, 05:04:51 AM
Quote from: gethimaf on August 03, 2011, 12:37:46 AM
People being slightly disrespectful to tyrone. Dublin will have to play the best football they've played in two years of championship if they are to overturn tyrone. Some of tyrones personell changes have worked well.
Best 15
                                   Packie
             swift               mcmahon         gormley

O'neill             ricey                 jordan

Hub Cavanagh
         harte                mcguigan          another
         Penrose            Donnelly           Mugsy

Surely you mean Tyrone will have to put in their best performance since 2008 to beat Dublin??

Dublin have went back from last year when they met a Tyrone team who should have beat them handily enough. If Tyrone repeat last years performance with only a slight improvement on their forward display they will win.

I agree we're shite and we know it.

Tyrone have beaten all of longford, armagh and roscommon.

As they say that's the form of champions.

We're just going up to provide the colour and cheer on Aslan.

At least Tyrone comfortably beat those teams above unlike Dublin in there games v Kildare & Wexford & IMO Longford,Roscommon are about the same level as Wexford.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Kildare are better then all of Roscommon ,Longford and Armagh. Thats the bottom line. Roscommon still imploded last Saturday when the heat came on.

Tyrone have beaten 2 div 4 sides and a poor div 1 side.

Does that mean they wont win on Saturday?- nope. But if you believe all the bullshit coming out of the Tyrone camp and the media itself you'd swear this was the second coming of the Kerry team of the 70's on Saturday.

The current tyrone wouldnt hold a candle to the 2005 team. They could well beat Dublin on Saturday and lose to Donegal in my view

Dublin's biggest problems on Saturday are the 4 week gap and the fact that this dublin team has never got over the line against a top class team in a big championship game. I wouldnt put any money on Dublin getting over the line on Saturday. Thats why Dublin fans are so quiet about it because you never know what you'll get from this Dublin team.

The general mood in Dublin is one of pessimism. You knew what you'd get from the Dublin 90's team. This one you dont.

Consequently no team is afraid of them. And as a fan you're always on tenderhooks wondering whether they'll perform or implode like they've done several times before.

At least the Tyrone fans know their team wont implode.

ross4life

I'd agree with most of what you said there but we didn't imploded when the heat came on...Tyrone capitalised on two mistakes that put a gloss on the scoreline in truth 5-6 defeat was a fairer reflection.

Jury is still out on both Dublin,Tyrone & having seen Donegal in the flesh on Saturday it's going to take a special performance to beat them in the Semi final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on August 03, 2011, 07:13:13 PM
I'd agree with most of what you said there but we didn't imploded when the heat came on...Tyrone capitalised on two mistakes that put a gloss on the scoreline in truth 5-6 defeat was a fairer reflection.

Jury is still out on both Dublin,Tyrone & having seen Donegal in the flesh on Saturday it's going to take a special performance to beat them in the Semi final.

Personally wouldnt see Donegal being anything like "special". Tremendous work ethic- but very average in some areas.

This is Kerry's to lose. they are miles classier then all the teams left. If Kerry want it they'll win it. Rest of the teams are a similar standard.

snippets

Just heard from a source never far off the mark in Dublin.  Theres a feeling that they have Tyrones number in their little blue books.  Could be a tough night for Tyrone on Saturday.  Bets of luck lads anyway. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Donnellys Hollow

Dublin are more than capable of getting to the All-Ireland final from this position. People forget that they played Cork off the park last August and but for two Ross McConnell brain farts they would have won the All-Ireland IMO.

I wouldn't read too much into the Leinster Final. I'd put it down to complacency and they won't be complacent from here on in. Bernard Brogan won't be as poor again while Alan, Flynn, Cullen and Connolly are in decent form. I don't see much evidence of improvement in Tyrone this year and I can't believe the confidence of some of the Tyrone posters on here. It would be foolish to write this group of players off but Dublin showed last year that they have the beating of them. If Dublin play to their potential I think they'll be three or four points too good for Tyrone.

If they manage this I don't think Donegal will pose too many problems for them. A below-par Kildare had the opportunity to kill them off but they didn't. Dublin however have greater scoring power up front and their backs are at least the equal of the Kildare defence. Whether they've enough to beat Kerry (sorry Mayo  ;)), I suspect not. I'd like to see them win it because it would be a good result for Leinster football - a rising tide lifting all boats and all that.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2011, 07:24:15 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 03, 2011, 07:13:13 PM

Personally wouldnt see Donegal being anything like "special". Tremendous work ethic- but very average in some areas.

This is Kerry's to lose. they are miles classier then all the teams left. If Kerry want it they'll win it. Rest of the teams are a similar standard.
I don't think Donegal are a special team i just think it's going to take something special from Tyrone/Dublin to unlock those defensive tactics.

Kerry are classier in the forward divison but in midfield & there ageing back line can be got at.

Throw ball

Hear Joe McQuillan is down to referee. One of the better refs IMO, however, he does seem to referee alot of Dublin games. Do Tyrone fans think he has the same love of Tyrone as his mentor Pat. ;)

Archie Mitchell

He's wasn't too kind Tyrone in the Ulster semi-final v Donegal and doing the line v Armagh at Omagh.

Also just realised, this will be his 3rd Dublin championship game he has referred this season out of their 4 games.

Throw ball

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 03, 2011, 07:57:42 PM
He's wasn't too kind Tyrone in the Ulster semi-final v Donegal and doing the line v Armagh at Omagh.

Sure he had to even up all the terrible decisions Duffy was giving against Armagh. ;D

Club Rossa

Indiana,could you tell us about the bullshit coming out of the Tyrone camp?

ross matt

The Brogans with their class and experience would do more damage to the Tyrone full backline than Shine and Kilbride did. The difference this time is that Tyrone will use a defensive shield and wont expose them to long diagonal balls in to space. The other side of the coin is that Sean Cavanagh would never be allowed run through the Dublin defence like he did against us for the key match turning goal. Tyrone are not as good as they once were but they do have momentum on their side plus for 3 quarters of the match they were tested against us. Dublin have had too long of a lay off but they are fresh and fit and strong. They were unlucky to lose the league final and to exit the championship last year. All things considered this is going to be a very even contest between two close rivals which hopefully will mean a great game.

Offalylad

Quote from: ross4life on August 03, 2011, 06:37:41 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2011, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on August 03, 2011, 03:48:39 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2011, 05:04:51 AM
Quote from: gethimaf on August 03, 2011, 12:37:46 AM
People being slightly disrespectful to tyrone. Dublin will have to play the best football they've played in two years of championship if they are to overturn tyrone. Some of tyrones personell changes have worked well.
Best 15
                                   Packie
             swift               mcmahon         gormley

O'neill             ricey                 jordan

Hub Cavanagh
         harte                mcguigan          another
         Penrose            Donnelly           Mugsy

Surely you mean Tyrone will have to put in their best performance since 2008 to beat Dublin??

Dublin have went back from last year when they met a Tyrone team who should have beat them handily enough. If Tyrone repeat last years performance with only a slight improvement on their forward display they will win.

I agree we're shite and we know it.

Tyrone have beaten all of longford, armagh and roscommon.

As they say that's the form of champions.

We're just going up to provide the colour and cheer on Aslan.

At least Tyrone comfortably beat those teams above unlike Dublin in there games v Kildare & Wexford & IMO Longford,Roscommon are about the same level as Wexford.

Just to ick up on this- Wexford are better than both those teams. Still think Tyrone will win this one by 4-6 points.

Aaron Boone

3 of Tyrone's games this year have had delayed throw-ins, so here's hoping Sligo & Cork's junior footballers don't have a draw in the build-up game.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: gethimaf on August 03, 2011, 05:17:56 PM
Raddabout ye. Justy Mcmahon is probably tyrone best defender. Just dont think he change the backline. Coney isnt near ready and dont think he will ever make the step up people are expecting. Mulligan is always a good man for the dubs. Dubs for sam thats a very naive comment. I looked at the forecast for saturday and its a long time since dublin won in the rain. We all remember what happened it 2008. DUblin will nead the luck the got last year to beat Tyrone.
Also Hope Kildress stay in grade two, hateful shower.

I never mentioned you leaving out Coney - Why are you leaving out Goof Cavanagh?

And as for the Kildress thing thats just too harsh!!!!  :D