Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustsummoves

Its going to be a cracker on sat. Are many of use tyrone folk staying down? I think we will edge this one but it is going to be very tight. We have great options on the bench now and this might turn the game in our favor.

Justie coming on should start against the dubs, Stevie O, Mulligan which I think will start against the dubs McCarron coming into the defense when legs are tired. Though he done well when introduced on sat.

Cant wait for this game and PINTS and a slagging match after it with the dub supporters.

Radda bout yeee

Would like to see this team start:

1. Packie
2. Gormley
3. Joey
4. Ricey
5. Red Sean
6. Justy
7. Jordan
8. Cassidy
9. S Cav
10. C Cav
11. B McGuigan
12. P Harte
13. Coney
14. Donnelly
15. SON (if fully fit)/ Mugsy (if not)

Fuzzman

I would be happy enough with that team Radda but don't think we'll see Cassidy or SoN start.

Hub certainly does put in a lot of off the ball work and is more of the spoiler MF partner than the attractive clean catcher that Cassidy seems to be. Cassidy though was a hoy to watch in Longford and its a long long time since I've watched any Tyrone midfielder catch clean ball as well. Maybe back as far as Ciaran Corr in the 1992 NFL final as I said before.

I can see Mugsy, Dooher and Stevie being held in reserve until the second half again as they'll give us a hugh psychological boost as well as they're scores. From all accounts Dooher played well last week and hoovered up a lot of breaking ball which could be critical again on Sat night.
The one thing I pray to God for is that we have players who can take scores from 40 yards as I expect it to be a lot harder to penetrate the Dublin defence.
Since the Donegal game, we have created a HUGE amount of scoring chances and scored a lot of goals.
IF we

Dublin tend to score a lot of goals too so I can see our defence being a lot more packed that v the Rossies. Alan Brogan will be looking to put one over on us big time as every year we meet he seems to get injured. IMO he's been better than Bernard this year and needs to be watched very carefully.

Actually I've just spotted a pattern. Tyrone scored No goals v Donegal, one goal v Longford, 2 v Armagh & 3 v Roscommon. ? v Dublin

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2011, 02:31:26 PM
Actually I've just spotted a pattern. Tyrone scored No goals v Donegal, one goal v Longford, 2 v Armagh & 3 v Roscommon. ? v Dublin

I think I've worked out that pattern: infinity times more goals against Longford than Donegal; twice as many goals against Armagh than Longford; and 1.5 times as many goals against Ros as Longford. That means we'll score anything between 0 and infinity goals against the Dubs!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

As my young fella would say
"To infinity and beyond"

His aunts and uncles have tried their hardest to make him follow the Dubs but as red is his favourite colour he loves his Tyrone shirt. Last weekend though he was supporting Donegal.

Are the Dublin posters a bit quiet on here. Are ye all worried about the 4 week layoff.
Will this be the the 1st Sat night match for the Dubs in the championship in Croker?
It could be a great atmosphere and again the BBC Unionist viewers will love the red white & blue colours.

PAULD123

last year the system was called unfair because provincial champions were "cold" against the round 4 winners, and none got through. So, if this year Dublin beat Tyrone it will mean all four provincial champions are in the semi-finals. Will the system still be considered unfair on the provincial champions??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: PAULD123 on August 02, 2011, 03:17:35 PM
Will the system still be considered unfair on the provincial champions??

There's a trend up until this point (of the current system favouring the Qualifying team), so a single contraindicating year wouldn't buck that trend irreversibly. Another (next year) would though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2011, 02:31:26 PM
I would be happy enough with that team Radda but don't think we'll see Cassidy or SoN start.

Hub certainly does put in a lot of off the ball work and is more of the spoiler MF partner than the attractive clean catcher that Cassidy seems to be. Cassidy though was a hoy to watch in Longford and its a long long time since I've watched any Tyrone midfielder catch clean ball as well. Maybe back as far as Ciaran Corr in the 1992 NFL final as I said before.

I can see Mugsy, Dooher and Stevie being held in reserve until the second half again as they'll give us a hugh psychological boost as well as they're scores. From all accounts Dooher played well last week and hoovered up a lot of breaking ball which could be critical again on Sat night.
The one thing I pray to God for is that we have players who can take scores from 40 yards as I expect it to be a lot harder to penetrate the Dublin defence.
Since the Donegal game, we have created a HUGE amount of scoring chances and scored a lot of goals.
IF we

Dublin tend to score a lot of goals too so I can see our defence being a lot more packed that v the Rossies. Alan Brogan will be looking to put one over on us big time as every year we meet he seems to get injured. IMO he's been better than Bernard this year and needs to be watched very carefully.

I was thinking that bring SON on for 10 seconds last week was just mind games - moreorless saying to the dubs 'look who'll be fit next week!!'  ;D

Fuzzman

Yes this year has really bucked the trend of recent years as last year was the first year all 4 provincial winners went out. It would be a huge turnaround if all 4 progressed this year. It has already been a year for surprises with Donegal winning their first Ulster since 1992, Limerick getting to a 1/4 final and Mayo beating Cork for the first time in years I believe.

For us Tyrone fans we are praying that it will follow a similar path to 2005 where we beat the Dubs after a reply and then go on to beat the Ulster champions in the semi. Only this year Mayo could beat us in the final.  ;)

Can anyone confirm is Penrose injured or what? Was he in the subs last Saturday?
Was chatting to a man today who said that big Sean needs men to make runs out to the wings to give him space to run up the middle. Any volunteers?

sizzler

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2011, 03:05:54 PM
As my young fella would say
"To infinity and beyond"

His aunts and uncles have tried their hardest to make him follow the Dubs but as red is his favourite colour he loves his Tyrone shirt. Last weekend though he was supporting Donegal.

Are the Dublin posters a bit quiet on here. Are ye all worried about the 4 week layoff.
Will this be the the 1st Sat night match for the Dubs in the championship in Croker?
It could be a great atmosphere and again the BBC Unionist viewers will love the red white & blue colours.

Wonder will Ian McCrea be watching  ;)

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2011, 03:05:54 PM

We played Armagh & Louth early evening in Croker on a Saturday last year.

Hereiam

Wonder will Ian McCrea be watching  ;)
[/quote]

If Tyrone do win sam this year I think cookstown should be the first port of call for a party....

J70

Quote from: PAULD123 on August 02, 2011, 03:17:35 PM
last year the system was called unfair because provincial champions were "cold" against the round 4 winners, and none got through. So, if this year Dublin beat Tyrone it will mean all four provincial champions are in the semi-finals. Will the system still be considered unfair on the provincial champions??

You have to look at the individual games though. Limerick were never given a hope, not even by themselves it would seem. Cork, between injuries and possible complacency after the Down game, and maybe tactical mistakes, just couldn't raise themselves once a hyper-motivated Mayo got going. Kildare lost an epic slugfest which they could easily have won. And this weekend's game is impossible to call. All sort of things can temporarily buck a trend.

Offalylad

Could I pay at the gate? Was thinking of going up.

Drummerboy

I'm reckon tickets will be on sale before the game in the ticket office on Dorset street or near Gills pub