Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

BBC iPlayer:
2hrs44.30 Coming together of O'Neill, who had no need to get involved, and McGuigan. McGuigan was fouled by Morgan, then clattered by O'Neill. McGuigan falls with his head in O'Neill's chest.

2hrs51.33 O'Neill lifting his shirt to show Gough a mark on his chest. Gough barely looked at it, fairly short conversation, but he does take out his note book and writes some info in it, the two things might not be related, but Gough could be noting the incident and the number of the player involved.
Ulster League Champions 2009

rrhf

Is this before the Suarez moment? Think the whole thing should be just brushed under the carpet.  What do you think Lenny?

sam03/05

Pretty clear bite from footage I seen
Will get the book threw at him for that one

p3427977

Quote from: Estimator on May 16, 2023, 11:48:17 AM
BBC iPlayer:
2hrs44.30 Coming together of O'Neill, who had no need to get involved, and McGuigan. McGuigan was fouled by Morgan, then clattered by O'Neill. McGuigan falls with his head in O'Neill's chest.

2hrs51.33 O'Neill lifting his shirt to show Gough a mark on his chest. Gough barely looked at it, fairly short conversation, but he does take out his note book and writes some info in it, the two things might not be related, but Gough could be noting the incident and the number of the player involved.
Just watched it. Absolutely nothing to see. Carry on.

smelmoth

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 16, 2023, 12:04:55 PM

Probably. But not definitely.

My take.
Morgan definitely fouls McGuigan.
Gough is correct to award free.
O'Neill is nowhere near the incident and has no business getting involved.
Free is given on 65m line.
O'Neill wrongly runs in and gets involved.
From the stand I saw O'Neill going down. I knew he hadn't been hit on the head and I wrongly thought he was milking it by holding his head with his left hand.
On that viewing Gough is correct to move it up 13m (that would make it a 52m free).
Gough, unaware of any bite or bite allegation, moves it up 20m.
Mcguigan steals the customary 2 further metres and impressively knocks it over from 43m.
Gouge's only error here is the distance the free has been moved. But that is still a pretty big error given the margin of the error and bringing the free from outside range to within.
O'Neill does raise it with Gough after the game but before penalties. All Gough can do is record it for further investigation. It definitely seems to do the former.
Watching the incident back McGuigan's mouth area is in contact with O'Neill in the area he subsequently indicates. Unless there is a different angle the main tv footage doesn't show the bite. But O'Neill does immediately reach for the impact area with his right hand. Indicating something has happened.

It doesn't look good for McGuigan. I think there definitely will be an investigation but what it can definitively prove could be another matter.

armaghniac

Quote from: lenny on May 16, 2023, 11:42:51 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 16, 2023, 11:39:56 AM
Watched it on the iPlayer at 2.51.30 Rian lifts his jersey while talking to David Gough and points to his chest. Gough will obviously have mentioned it in his report.

It's very clear from the footage that O'Neill deserves a ban. It's a very aggressive push in McGuigans back which could've caused a serious injury and then he wraps his arms around Shane's neck and pulls him in.

The video referee should go back over the game and ban everyone who pushed someone in the back.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Estimator on May 16, 2023, 11:48:17 AM
BBC iPlayer:

So the ref looks at something on his chest and writes what into his notebook? A player approached me at halftime showed me a mark on his chest and claimed he was bitten?

The ref will report what he has seen, yes if someone says something happened he may add it too his notes but under no obligation to do so, otherwise he'd be tortured with players coming up to him showing marks on their bodies claiming allsorts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Throw ball

Unless memory is failing I also saw O'Neill say something to referee while Armagh were waiting for Derry for extra time. He also lifted his jersey at that time. I thought he was complaining about a nip then?

JoG2

There's not a chance in hell McGuigan bit O'Neill contrary to what Tyrone people will tell you. O'Neill spent the day trying to kill dead things and mouthing off to everyone, getting involved in way too much. Armagh folk beside us shouting at him to stay focused, concentrate on the game etc. If there's teeth marks, it's down to a physical coming together. Punishment, whatever you get for not wearing a gumshield

rrhf

Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 12:32:53 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on May 16, 2023, 12:04:55 PM

Probably. But not definitely.

My take.
Morgan definitely fouls McGuigan.
Gough is correct to award free.
O'Neill is nowhere near the incident and has no business getting involved.
Free is given on 65m line.
O'Neill wrongly runs in and gets involved.
From the stand I saw O'Neill going down. I knew he hadn't been hit on the head and I wrongly thought he was milking it by holding his head with his left hand.
On that viewing Gough is correct to move it up 13m (that would make it a 52m free).
Gough, unaware of any bite or bite allegation, moves it up 20m.
Mcguigan steals the customary 2 further metres and impressively knocks it over from 43m.
Gouge's only error here is the distance the free has been moved. But that is still a pretty big error given the margin of the error and bringing the free from outside range to within.
O'Neill does raise it with Gough after the game but before penalties. All Gough can do is record it for further investigation. It definitely seems to do the former.
Watching the incident back McGuigan's mouth area is in contact with O'Neill in the area he subsequently indicates. Unless there is a different angle the main tv footage doesn't show the bite. But O'Neill does immediately reach for the impact area with his right hand. Indicating something has happened.

It doesn't look good for McGuigan. I think there definitely will be an investigation but what it can definitively prove could be another matter.
Impossible to bite with a gumshield in Id have thought, but if it is proven there has been a bite then you would imagine there would have to be serious consequences.    No room for that caper.   

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on May 16, 2023, 11:42:51 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 16, 2023, 11:39:56 AM
Watched it on the iPlayer at 2.51.30 Rian lifts his jersey while talking to David Gough and points to his chest. Gough will obviously have mentioned it in his report.

It's very clear from the footage that O'Neill deserves a ban. It's a very aggressive push in McGuigans back which could've caused a serious injury and then he wraps his arms around Shane's neck and pulls him in.

Disappointing to see Lenny make a joke out of this. Biting is a scummy act if that's what happened and on the balance of probability, imo, it looks like a bite.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

uimhr ocht

Last week it's was Gallagher now this week it's week it's mc guigan who nearly had his thumb broken into the bargain yous lads are bad news crying after the event,I could pick several misdemeanor s from sun past