National Hurling Legue 1B 2018

Started by redsetanta, October 13, 2017, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on February 02, 2018, 06:57:30 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on February 02, 2018, 02:48:29 PM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 31, 2018, 03:41:59 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on January 31, 2018, 03:35:38 PM
Family committments was the reason given.

You'd wonder what a selectors role is nowadays considering the back room team most managers bring with them.

Need at one Laois man who knows the county hurling scene inside out. Personally, would like to see a Camross man get the job (Arien Delaney??). Really disappointing representation on the Senior hurling team from our County Champions.

He has no interest in Laois. It's easy know that from the number of Camross lads on the panel in recent years

Very unfair statement.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't the next Laois manager. I'd back him to do an excellent job as well.

Always been a supporter of his, but his behaviour around the Laois minor job last year, added to rumours of his "accepting" several different jobs in Offaly this year won't help him!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

There was more to the minor job than meets the eye Keyser. He wasn't trying to screw the County Board or let the minor panel (with his son involved) down.

He's taking on 2 senior teams this year, one in Tipp and one in Offaly. Both clubs have agreed to it.

les Antiques

I'm pretty sure the role in Tipp is part of a joint management team . I May stand corrected !

Can see him back with Laois in the near enough future .

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on February 02, 2018, 07:30:33 PM
There was more to the minor job than meets the eye Keyser. He wasn't trying to screw the County Board or let the minor panel (with his son involved) down.

He's taking on 2 senior teams this year, one in Tipp and one in Offaly. Both clubs have agreed to it.

And do you know how late he pulled out of the minor job, having "agreed" to take it?
Also, do you know how many jobs he "agreed" to take in Offaly alone this year?

I have nothing against him, have always stated a case for him on herre,  and he is not obliged to get involved in Laois teams.
BUT, there seems to be a pattern of behaviour emerging!

clonadmad

He had an agreement with Killenaule but ditched them when  Kiladangan made him an offer and is also now with Shinrone

LooseCannon

Quote from: clonadmad on February 03, 2018, 09:33:30 AM
He had an agreement with Killenaule but ditched them when  Kiladangan made him an offer and is also now with Shinrone

He'd agreed to take the Seir Kieran (Clareen) job as well, before Shinrone. Must be getting good money from Shinrone, because they won't be within an ass' roar of a county final, whereas Seir Kieran will be in the top 2-3 teams.

HURLING1

Heard he was offered 2 years with Shinrone. Wouldn't be as big a club as Clareen but wouldn't surprise me if he massively improves them.

seafoid

Good effort from Laos this evening
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

blueandwhite1

Feckin scalionater ref.

Brave display from the lads with so many missing still. Great spirit evident.

Anyway, the goal was not to get destroyed in the first 2 games. Job done.

merman

Really encouraging showing. I know Galway were poor on the night but this was the first time I could see signs that Eamon Kelly has a clear plan and vision for taking Laois forward.

Our puckout strategy worked a treat. We don't have players who can consistently win primary possession so we need to find a more nuanced approach. Enda Rowland is genuinely top-quality and his ability to land ball in front of our runners gained us a foothold in the game. Adding Cha and Picky to that half-forward line should help us further.

Our defence hurled manfully and I thought Matthew Whelan had a fine game. Eric Killeen is a class act and a super prospect. Hartnett and Cleere held up well; Conor Whelan barely got a sniff but blasted 2 crucial goals.

Two tough games down; full focus now on three big opportunities. One win would be underwhelming; two satisfactory; three a dream....but a more realistic one on tonight's showing.

I believe Palmer is still a good bit away from contention. Does anyone know anything about Healy? I think those two would help shore up our backline massively.

As blueandwhite1 said, the spirit of that panel is clearly evident. I thought Willie Dunphy typified a lot that was good about the performance; really hard-working and honest showing but mixed it with fine ability too. A full-forward line of King-Foyle-Dunphy could do serious damage come Championship.

Keyser Söze

Good synopsis Merman. Wasn't at the game but that sounds like what Jack Nolan was describing!
Sounds a bit crazy to be saying after two losses, but we are in a great position with 3 games to go- and an ideal fixture list- Antrim and Dublin would be very tough away, hurling in Tullamore is no big deal.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 03, 2018, 11:01:49 PM
Good synopsis Merman. Wasn't at the game but that sounds like what Jack Nolan was describing!
Sounds a bit crazy to be saying after two losses, but we are in a great position with 3 games to go- and an ideal fixture list- Antrim and Dublin would be very tough away, hurling in Tullamore is no big deal.

We'll bate ye.
Extra motivation as well with Kelly jumping ship due to business reasons, and then jumping on yer ship.
I hope we hammer ye, not because ye're Leix, but because of yer manager.

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on February 04, 2018, 09:04:17 AM

We'll bate ye.
Extra motivation as well with Kelly jumping ship due to business reasons, and then jumping on yer ship.
Ye'll bate nothing ye fat arsed bastards. We'll bate ye like the redhaired illegitimate children of a halting site.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on February 04, 2018, 10:00:35 AM

We'll bate ye.
Ye'll bate nothing ye fat arsed b**tards. We'll bate ye like the redhaired illegitimate children of a halting site.

You know best, I suppose.

We'll see!

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on February 04, 2018, 10:11:52 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 04, 2018, 10:00:35 AM

We'll bate ye.
Ye'll bate nothing ye fat arsed b**tards. We'll bate ye like the redhaired illegitimate children of a halting site.

You know best, I suppose.

We'll see!
How you keeping auld stock?