Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: ANON2018 on January 10, 2020, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on January 09, 2020, 08:04:00 AM
Quote from: ANON2018 on January 09, 2020, 07:27:05 AM
Surely that transfer hasn't actually happened yet! (If it happens at all)

It's done.

The window for transfer applications is 1st January to 1st March. Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes. So no it can't be done.

This is incorrect! Once transfer is requested to county board then club that is losing the player has 8 days to respond, if no response transfer automatically goes through as long as it is eligible, i.e home or work address is within parish of new club.
[/quote]

How does that go against what I said? I'm aware that's how it works.
[/quote]

You have said "Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes" this is not true, Approvals/rejections will happen after 8 days is up from when transfer is logged. So if transfer logged on 1st Jan and club player is leaving does not respond within the 8 days then transfer automatically approved by 9th Jan.

PS. This is only for transfers between clubs in the same county.
[/quote]

The 10 day transfer is for inter county club transfers online process

WT4E

Quote from: blackball on January 13, 2020, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on January 13, 2020, 04:41:49 PM
Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture is good
Monday is probably the worst day though
Friday evenings during "2nd pre-season" would be ideal

Drawback would be for people having to travel long distances on Friday & again Sunday to watch/take part in both games, which is why the regional basis makes sense - although I wouldn't be that keen on playing the same team twice as mentioned by others, I'd prefer that over not getting competitive game time for the bulk of the summer when leagues come to a halt

Doesn't apply for me now anyway as the boots are hung up long ago

If the games were played over the summer when senior fixtures are all suspended you would have some teams loading the reserve games with senior players to keep them active. They are are on the right track trying to change things but the finer details would need to be thought out before a major change like this is made.

Name 10 players who can't play reserves. If u play for your seniors twice or maybe three times you are no longer able to play for your reserves.

WeeDonns

If the games were played over the summer when senior fixtures are all suspended you would have some teams loading the reserve games with senior players to keep them active. They are are on the right track trying to change things but the finer details would need to be thought out before a major change like this is made.

Yep, no doubt this would happen
& we all know that the list of "Senior players" clubs provide is a farce

If reserves were getting competitive games once a week throughout the summer it could have an affect on Senior squads with some players opting for a season of Reserve football rather than Senior - although I suppose that opens up opportunities on the Senior squad for lads who want to push themselves at that level

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WeeDonns on January 14, 2020, 08:54:09 AM

Yep, no doubt this would happen
& we all know that the list of "Senior players" clubs provide is a farce

If reserves were getting competitive games once a week throughout the summer it could have an affect on Senior squads with some players opting for a season of Reserve football rather than Senior - although I suppose that opens up opportunities on the Senior squad for lads who want to push themselves at that level

I've noticed, certainly in and around my own club area. You don't really do any reserve apprenticeship. Your straight in if considered good enough.

redzone

Quote from: LeoMc on January 13, 2020, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: HalfBack7 on January 13, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Proposal is for senior football to start on March 29th with Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture on a Monday night on a Regional basis.
I can see the positives of moving Reserve football to a stand alone fixture but not sure if Monday is the best option for it to work. Maybe a Friday instead as it would better suit students and men working away a lot better.

The proposal on youth football is U14 and U18 to start on February 22nd with U16 starting a week later. I can't see this working at all, especially for smaller clubs who have U14's playing U16 and U16 playing U18.

Was there not similar proposal put forward and defeated last year?

I would think the lads would rather be playing twice a week than training. However it does not leave much room for coaching sessions.
At the moment the gap between ending u-14s (June) and starting u16's (the following August) is too large and that 14 month gap could lead to a lot of drop out of players who are not able to play a grade above themselves.

Something has to be done about the delay of u16 until August because of minors which is in turn delayed by County u-17's and u-20's.
Someone mentioned earlier about a meeting to take place last night. Any update

Eire90

Should Reserve Football  be scrapped.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: redzone on January 15, 2020, 06:39:13 AM
Proposal is for senior football to start on March 29th with Reserves to move to a stand alone fixture on a Monday night on a Regional basis.
I can see the positives of moving Reserve football to a stand alone fixture but not sure if Monday is the best option for it to work. Maybe a Friday instead as it would better suit students and men working away a lot better.

The proposal on youth football is U14 and U18 to start on February 22nd with U16 starting a week later. I can't see this working at all, especially for smaller clubs who have U14's playing U16 and U16 playing U18.

I would think the lads would rather be playing twice a week than training. However it does not leave much room for coaching sessions.
At the moment the gap between ending u-14s (June) and starting u16's (the following August) is too large and that 14 month gap could lead to a lot of drop out of players who are not able to play a grade above themselves.

Something has to be done about the delay of u16 until August because of minors which is in turn delayed by County u-17's and u-20's.

Yes, meeting took place. Proposals were put forward to clubs, they are to go back to clubs to discuss and meeting will reconvene next Tuesday.

Briefly Proposal 1...U14/16/18 will all begin end Feb/beginning of March. Fixtures will run U14/18 one week and U16 the next and finish in September. Plenty of matches for underage footballers.

Proposal 2...Reserve football will decouple with senior football. There will be 2 regions (east/west) which will be split into 3 divisions. Start end of March and will run weekly and uninterrupted until end of June. Championship then starts finishing at beginning of August. These matches are proposed to be held on Monday evenings throughout the summer.

Proposal 3...Adult football will go to 4 divisions in 2021. (1A, 1B, 2, 3) 12 in each division, play home and away (22 matches). Matches with county players playing worth 4 points for a win, without county players worth 2 points for a win. The reasoning behind the third proposal is to do with upcoming changes at national level. We are looking at county football only from 2021 during May, June, July, August. This plan allows club football to continue during these months without county players. Championship football will remain as is with 16 teams in senior, intermediate and junior.

IMO these are positive changes from CCC, far from perfect but I don't think perfect exists. Last night proved that not everyone will be happy, we had people asking about were handball fits into the system, how reserve players that fly back to play matches will fit in etc. Reserve football is dying a death, the vast majority were happy with the new prosposed system, just not on a Monday night (but what night/day suits?). Proposal 3 is another must or we end up playing a cluster of matches in April and then virtually nothing until August, basically how we are now, if that continues we may as well kiss the club game goodbye.

The_Slug

Quote from: Ty4Sam on January 15, 2020, 09:33:40 AM

Yes, meeting took place. Proposals were put forward to clubs, they are to go back to clubs to discuss and meeting will reconvene next Tuesday.

Briefly Proposal 1...U14/16/18 will all begin end Feb/beginning of March. Fixtures will run U14/18 one week and U16 the next and finish in September. Plenty of matches for underage footballers.

Proposal 2...Reserve football will decouple with senior football. There will be 2 regions (east/west) which will be split into 3 divisions. Start end of March and will run weekly and uninterrupted until end of June. Championship then starts finishing at beginning of August. These matches are proposed to be held on Monday evenings throughout the summer.

Proposal 3...Adult football will go to 4 divisions in 2021. (1A, 1B, 2, 3) 12 in each division, play home and away (22 matches). Matches with county players playing worth 4 points for a win, without county players worth 2 points for a win. The reasoning behind the third proposal is to do with upcoming changes at national level. We are looking at county football only from 2021 during May, June, July, August. This plan allows club football to continue during these months without county players. Championship football will remain as is with 16 teams in senior, intermediate and junior.

IMO these are positive changes from CCC, far from perfect but I don't think perfect exists. Last night proved that not everyone will be happy, we had people asking about were handball fits into the system, how reserve players that fly back to play matches will fit in etc. Reserve football is dying a death, the vast majority were happy with the new prosposed system, just not on a Monday night (but what night/day suits?). Proposal 3 is another must or we end up playing a cluster of matches in April and then virtually nothing until August, basically how we are now, if that continues we may as well kiss the club game goodbye.

surely a saturday or friday night is the most logical time to have the reserve games, majority of players away at uni or working away would be home by then and would still have most of their weekend to enjoy.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: The_Slug on January 15, 2020, 09:47:19 AM

surely a saturday or friday night is the most logical time to have the reserve games, majority of players away at uni or working away would be home by then and would still have most of their weekend to enjoy.

Think that was the general consensus from last night as well although its timed so that it will have very little effect on university students during the summer. Would clubs have many reserve players that work away? I know that we would have very few, seniors yes but not many reserves. Also, Friday could clash with senior training.

blewuporstuffed

I would generally agree with you there.
I would rather try this than do nothing.
Some of the reasoning given last night against change just shows you how hard the job is, impossible to please everyone  and a lot of people cant see past the current season for their own club.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyHarp

Would clubs be flying players in to play a reserve league game?  :o
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

The main issue there I think is the potential overlap with the proposed new minor schedule.
Some clubs very reliant on minor players to field at reserve level.
Something has to give somewhere
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Ty4Sam

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 15, 2020, 09:59:29 AM

The main issue there I think is the potential overlap with the proposed new minor schedule.
Some clubs very reliant on minor players to field at reserve level.
Something has to give somewhere

This is the crux of it, everyone needs to step back and accept that some changes won't suit their particular club but its for the benefit of the club scene in Tyrone as a whole. It may involve accepting the fact that reserve football is turning into 'recreational' football where we are providing football for lads who we are losing at the minute. Change has to happen and happen pretty fast.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 10, 2020, 12:11:31 PM
Quote from: PeterEli on January 09, 2020, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 03:39:25 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on January 09, 2020, 03:23:54 PM
I expect most club footballers have the ambition to play senior football, I can't think of too many who take the easy way out and do it by transferring clubs! Sounds like the man in question is very much about himself, BG_Gael.

Very fair comment. I was only going on the original clogher poster who said it was a transfer that didn't work out.

If my memory serves right Augher were an intermediate team when Darragh joined? So I don't think he went directly to playing Division 1 football from Division 3. Easy way or not isnt my point though. The clogher poster has said it hasn't worked out, but clearly it has and they just are bitter or have sour grapes with it.

I wonder how bitter they are about players who have transferred the other way and would they say their transfers have worked out?

He left to join Augher directly after they won their play offs to go up to senior. Yes he did play a few years of senior football and a few in intermediate, with no medals to show for it. The Clogher players have a junior league medal to look back on and I am sure most would agree it's a much greater achievement to win a junior league with your club than jumping ship to play a higher level of football and winning a few individual awards along the way. With regards to calling it a failed transfer, this year Clogher finished higher in intermediate league, beat Augher and he has won no medals with his club(s), most certainly wouldn't call it a success story anyway.

No they wouldn't. It may give most people a greater sense of satisfaction winning a junior league, but it is certainly not 'a much greater achievement'. Surviving in Division 2 is a greater achievement than winning a Junior league.

I would agree here, playing Div 1 ball is a much bigger achievement that winning a Junior league tbf