Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

well we will have to, as it's the only way to get games ;D

any idea of the dates that they are proposing?

culchy1

re:madmick

i dont know about any of the senior teams mick but i know our team benefitted greatly from the ulster league this year.
we got 2 the semi of div3 which was of great experience for us.
we then went on to the junior championship final and have since won div 3 league.
without the ulster league we wud not have been as successful, its games that was needed.

the ulster council r tryin their best 2 improve the standard of hurlin in ulster, this is what they though wud b the best method.
some other teams dont agree namely dunloy, who didnt participate this year an suffered badly,cause come the championship against the dall they were rusty.
sure u cudnt beat it, its better than playin friendlies, competitive games r what u want!

also no more badmouthin iindividuals lads, these r the ones we will cheerin on come next june against the boys fray oar the bann!! football fans can be so fickle at times.
its a short dinstance between a pat on the back an a kick up the arse!!

aontroim

Had heard rumour that some people would like to scrap Minor and U21 grades for an U19 competition - looks like some are pre-empting this!

(From antrim website - antrim.gaa.ie)

The Antrim u19 Hurling panel (selected by Dominic McKinley and Terence McNaughton) to play Waterford on Saturday 9th December is as follows;

Neal McAuley
Aaron Graffin
Paddy McGill
Neil McManus
Shane McNaughton
Paddy Doherty
Paul Shields
Randal McDonnell
Eddie McCloskey
Colm Duffin
Eoghan O'Neill
Barry McFall
Sean Burke
Conor McGourty
Shay Casey
Oran McFadden
Brendan McDermott
Cormac Donnelly
Simon McCrory
Chrissy O'Connell
Connor McCann
Mickey Dallat
Conor Rocks
Conal Maskey
Anton McCaffery

The venue will be confirmed later in the week. Any player not able to attend on Saturday, please inform Kieran on 07990 537166

culchy1

anyone know where any fixtures are this weekend?

i heard cargin gorts u21 match is at corrigan
an galls johnnies match is at gortnamona

anyone hear where reserve competition between sharkin an lamhs is at?

milltown row

Texas Hold'em Night at Naomh Galls club rooms, Sunday 10th of December (this Sunday) registration at 7.15 £10 entry, £5 buy ins. One buy in after the break,  big prize money!!!!!!!

SlimShady

culchy, you'd need to buck up yer ideas before playing the Johnnies in that reserve C'ship. they're a decent side, physical too. though its most of their under 21 team so you may hope they make the final of the u21's and take their eye off it. Locky McCurdy still playing at the ripe old age of 43...at least!!

you have to beat Lamh Dhearg first though...

culchy1

i know the story bout the chicken an egg an which came first slim!
was wonderin where lamhs match wud be not 2 many clubs want a crowd of hoors
trampin their pitch into shite at this time o the year

if johnnies get to u21 final i'd doubt if reserve competition will be finished this year.
heard one o ur boys sayin on sunday that last years mccormick cup was never played
between ursels an someone canny mind who the other team was.

gud luck for ur u21 semi agin gorts, im sure they'll be hard 2 beat

i see okocha hasnt been on here since big magill scared the brown stuff outta him.

SlimShady

the mccormick cup is a farcical competition and so is the o'cahan cup. both have and will continue to be treated as such by ourselves in the future. we couldnt care less about them and why should we? the SW board dont! pure shite, but fixtures have to be fulfilled.

your game with Lamhs will likely be tossed for- no other pitch will want it, we certainly dont as we seem to be gettin every game imaginable.

johnjoe

Just got a quick chance to log on an see wots been goin on. Havent gone away you know! ( I actually have to work now and then,believe it or not) A couple of quick points tho.

firstly I apologise to magill if I caused offence. It really is far too easy to come on here and run someone down. You are a class player(dual) but a lot of people think there is a full 25% left in your tank. Do you want to be known as agood player, or the best the county has had for many years? all I am doing is letting you know that a lot of your fellow players really want to see the real Michael Magill this year, the one who could play for Kerry, if you were from there!

So shake off the Bot head and really get stuck into playing to your full potential, and youll be all over this board for all the right reasons! Hopefully this wee kick up the arse will spur you on to greater things. We are all behind you.

Ok big man!

Slim, shite or get off the pot,your hole. read the rules of the board. Why are you obsessed with clubs and identitys. My opinion will be either right or wrong wherever Im from. But at least I could kick the ball more than 25 yards, so why dont you runalong now and practice those kickouts, and when you get them up to 30 yards, I might give you a few clues. You see, Im doing this for your good too!

Finally,(to broaden the discussion) looks like a really good u-19 squad there, with Paul Shiels top man, but shitloads of quality throughout. Good luck to this exciting squad, and to Woody and Sambo as they embark on a new era. Go to it lads!

SlimShady

damage is done dickhead, dont try crawling up Magills arse- he doesnt work like that!!

as for my 25 yards kickouts  :D ;D

classic stuff, original too!!  :-\

I've represented my club in the USFC, have you? Nah, didnt think it  :D

maybe your a wee bit bitter, dont know where i'm getting that from-just a hunch!!..

johnjoe

Slim, my response to Magill was genuine. Most readers of this site will know where I`m coming from. Sometimes the truth hurts, and hopefully Magills real response will be on the playing field. What part of this are you having difficulty with. Lets put it this way, imagine Magill and Mc Gourty af full pelt in the county forward line

If anyone is trying to get personal, its you Slim, so wind your neck in and chill out a bit!

SlimShady

as if Magill has anything to prove to the likes of you  :D

Didnt he represent Antrim in Croker, how many around here can say that? its all very well you coming here and launching personal attacks every time you post while hiding behind yer screen name, your a big man!!

So, in your 14 posts thus far you've ridiculed Magill, McGourty and my own footballing ability/attitude etc.- good going. ::)

aontroim

Antrim Championship Fixtures - 9th December 2006

U21 FC
1.30 p.m. @ Gort na Mona - St. John's v St. Gall's
1.30 p.m. @ Glenavy - Gort na Mona v Erin's Own, Cargin

Reserve Football Competition
2.00 p.m. @ Cushendun - Lamh Dhearg v St. Mary's, Rasharkin

EXTRA TIME MUST BE PLAYED IF NECESSARY IN ALL GAMES

Is this a first for FOOTBALL to be played at Cushendun?

culchy1

some fuckin craic boys
how did they think that one up
cushendun where men r men an sheep are feared

i'd say it'll be a game of 2 halves definitley
gale force winds down there
they'll have 2 clear all the seaweed off the pitch b4hand

hi slim dont raise 2 okocha's bait
we all know u were part of the all conquerin cargin team that were the best team
in antrim this year, even with ur 25 yard kickouts

if ur man wud only drop his guard an let us know what club he is from
what is there 2 b feared of apart from magill landin 2 ur club 2 get his own back.

SlimShady

i cant say I've ever had the honour of a game in Cushendun. How the Co Board chose that pitch to play Lamh Dhearg and Rasharkin I'll never know!!

just shows how highly they regard the Reserve C'ship....not highly  :-\