Started by Fuzzman, February 01, 2016, 09:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 11:18:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2016, 08:49:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 08:36:04 PM
Tobin believes the Connacht championship will be extremely competitive this summer.

"My own county Galway I think are going in the right direction and can challenge strongly for promotion to Division One. Roscommon have the potential to be formidable. This will benefit Mayo as well and makes the championship something to look forward to."

He'd say that. As much as a former Mayo footballer will spin a tale of Mayos chances of making the breakthrough. What else would they say? What is the gauge for such a statement. Last year was a bit of a disaster for Ros, Galway, Sligo and Leitrim. The tale of a competitive Province to help win an AI does not hold. In fact it has helped Dublin having an easy passage out of Leinster. Where as a Competitive Ulster has burned out Donegal at the business end.
In Connacht it does make a difference. It helped Galway in the 60s and again in the 90s.  ;)

Didn't help them in the early 70's.  ;)
Nothing seems to help Mayo. Not Knock Holy Water, not prayer, not the appeal of reason, not being 7 points ahead.

12 apostles?  :)

WT4E

Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2016, 07:31:12 PM
Lads your going to have to get over Tiernan mc canns colour of skin, I've seen it referenced here now several times on the board and it's a bit pathetic. I've known him since he was a kid and he has always been very tanned, in fact he took quite a bit of stick for it as a tennager, most of it based around insinuating a questionable parentage. It was nothing but sheer bullying back then and I don't see it any different now.

I don't really think you should be bringing that kind of comment on to the board!

From what I hear of McCann he's a nice lad and well liked but he's a bit of a spice boy BUT there's nothing wrong with that - sure didn't Mugsy start it!

PS as was pointed out to me he's only that tanned cause he was in Oz for a month lately so he's generally not that tanned!

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 10:07:15 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 08, 2016, 09:41:52 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 08, 2016, 09:21:13 PM
Was I right in thinking that Tomas O'Se was talking cobblers last night on RTE when he was eulogising about Tyrone having 7 of last year's U-21 team playing? They only had a couple I think as it was a fairly settled experienced side they had out. Actually Galway had 6 U-21's from last year starting the game. Although I doubt he even noticed that to be honest.

Agreed, looks like Tyrone only started with 2 u21's from last year whilst Galway started with 6 as you stated and brought on another 2 from the bench.

Galway will need to win in Derry if they are going to get promoted
The Ulster derbies are all going to be super competitive. Derry could be beaten by Fermanagh or a desperate Armagh

We've already beaten Fermanagh Seafoid!!

Personally I think it's a 3 horse race between ourselves Galway and Throne.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on February 09, 2016, 10:14:29 AM
Was I right in thinking that Tomas O'Se was talking cobblers last night on RTE when he was eulogising about Tyrone having 7 of last year's U-21 team playing? They only had a couple I think as it was a fairly settled experienced side they had out. Actually Galway had 6 U-21's from last year starting the game. Although I doubt he even noticed that to be honest.

Agreed, looks like Tyrone only started with 2 u21's from last year whilst Galway started with 6 as you stated and brought on another 2 from the bench.

The Ulster derbies are all going to be super competitive. Derry could be beaten by Fermanagh or a desperate Armagh

We've already beaten Fermanagh Seafoid!!

Personally I think it's a 3 horse race between ourselves Galway and Throne.
Me too

Maroon Manc

If Derry beat Galway they would only need another 2 wins from 4 games to finish above Galway even if Galway won the remaining 4 games. Derry would certainly win 2 of their remaining games against Meath, Armagh, Tyrone & Laois.

qz

7 of last year's U-21s were used the week before v Cavan with 5 starters.

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 08, 2016, 09:45:23 PM

Started with Rory Brenan and Conor Meyler. Mark Bradley came on as did Lee Brennan, and Cathal McShane. Conor Meyler was replaced by Sean. So five used altogether.

From the Bunker

Paddy Power odds on Promotion from Div 2

Tyrone 1/8
Derry 1/3
Galway 4/1
Meath 6/1
Cavan 7/1
Laois 9/1
Fermanagh 12/1
Armagh 16/1

Relegation

Armagh 2/5
Fermanagh evens
Laois 7/4
Meath 9/4
Cavan 5/2
Galway 9/2
Derry 50/1
Tyrone 100/1

nrico2006

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 10, 2016, 01:14:46 PM
Paddy Power odds on Promotion from Div 2

Tyrone 1/8
Derry 1/3
Galway 4/1
Meath 6/1
Cavan 7/1
Laois 9/1
Fermanagh 12/1
Armagh 16/1

Relegation

Armagh 2/5
Fermanagh evens
Laois 7/4
Meath 9/4
Cavan 5/2
Galway 9/2
Derry 50/1
Tyrone 100/1

How did they work the Meath and Cavan thing out?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 09, 2016, 04:15:32 PM

If Derry beat Galway they would only need another 2 wins from 4 games to finish above Galway even if Galway won the remaining 4 games. Derry would certainly win 2 of their remaining games against Meath, Armagh, Tyrone & Laois.
I think Laois could beat Derry. Throne probably will. Meath blow hot and cold . Armagh won't.