Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2015, 02:19:17 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 16, 2015, 02:11:59 PM
Cant see pep leaving Munich. Why would he!!

United need a complete overhaul and City wouldnt have the stature of his 2 clubs to date.

Jose to PSG and Ancellotti to United/City is a more likely scenario in my book.

Why would he hand his notice in at Barca either?

We're in the middle of an overhaul in case you'd not noticed :-)

For my money Pep is City bound, why else would they have kept Pellegrini at end of last season

Richard Keyes will explode if Pep goes to City, he's been saying it for about 18mths at this stage.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2015, 02:19:17 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 16, 2015, 02:11:59 PM
Cant see pep leaving Munich. Why would he!!

United need a complete overhaul and City wouldnt have the stature of his 2 clubs to date.

Jose to PSG and Ancellotti to United/City is a more likely scenario in my book.

Why would he hand his notice in at Barca either?

We're in the middle of an overhaul in case you'd not noticed :-)

For my money Pep is City bound, why else would they have kept Pellegrini at end of last season

Middle of/need - same thing ;)

He won 2 Champions leagues at Barca - the bar couldn't go much further.

I think a lot will depend on whether he wins the CL this year.

He needs at approx 5 players at City to have any kind of impact on Europe.

AZOffaly

City won their group with the players they have at the moment. They should be challenging right now, never mind with 5 new players.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2015, 02:27:57 PM
City won their group with the players they have at the moment. They should be challenging right now, never mind with 5 new players.

I think they are a good bit off AZ. Hart, Kompany, Yaya (when he can be bothered), Sterling (still raw), Silva and Augero would be the only players I would rate.

AZOffaly

Well if you mean off winning it, maybe you're right, but I think they should be competitive at the very least. They won the group, and will fancy their chances against Kiev. That would put them in a quarter final, so they're not far off having an impact at least :)

Hound

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 16, 2015, 02:32:32 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2015, 02:27:57 PM

I think they are a good bit off AZ. Hart, Kompany, Yaya (when he can be bothered), Sterling (still raw), Silva and Augero would be the only players I would rate.
But in terms of Pep going to them, they'll pay him the most and will give him a pretty much unlimited budget.

Walter Cronc

Yeah I think there's a difference in winning it and being competitive. However history shows that a 'bolter' can make the last 4 or even a final. Juve last year, Atletico the year before. Taking the opportunity is the key.

deiseach

If I were Pep I'd take the Man Utd job and plough salt into the Old Trafford turf. Seriously, would restoring Man Utd to their former glory not be a more intriguing challenge than taking over Man City?

Hound

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 02:59:21 PM
If I were Pep I'd take the Man Utd job and plough salt into the Old Trafford turf. Seriously, would restoring Man Utd to their former glory not be a more intriguing challenge than taking over Man City?
You'd like to think intruiging challenges would rank highly, but I'd bet he'd choose City for the extra money and the higher probability of success!

He went to Bayern knowing that success was guaranteed (i.e. 90% chance of winning the league) and that CL success would be an added bonus.

deiseach

Perhaps, but while Barca, Bayern and the two Manchester clubs are all minted, only one of the four isn't among Europe's most storied clubs (hint as to which one isn't: it's Citeh.)

pullhard

All set up nicely for Jose to come in and win the league now.

Maroon Manc

Plenty of reds want him but there the same people moaning about the football now.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 03:09:54 PM
Perhaps, but while Barca, Bayern and the two Manchester clubs are all minted, only one of the four isn't among Europe's most storied clubs (hint as to which one isn't: it's Citeh.)
History doesn't entitle a club to anything. City and PSG don't need stories. 3rd division playoff is fine. Money calls the shots.
Look at AC Milan now.

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2015, 12:09:06 PM
History doesn't entitle a club to anything. City and PSG don't need stories. 3rd division playoff is fine. Money calls the shots.
Look at AC Milan now.

City and PSG want stories. If you think otherwise, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2015, 12:09:06 PM
Look at AC Milan now.

Its what they crave and don't have...