Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

We play Arsenal right after the 2nd leg of the next round of the Europa league, here's hoping that the game is move to Monday. If we get through that round we will play City a few days after the 2nd leg of that round.

deiseach

Quote from: gallsman on December 14, 2015, 10:50:22 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 10:36:39 AM
So who is going to win this weeks prestigious and highly coveted non United fan sensible post of the week award?
AZ Offaly is on a two week winning streak,will he make it the hat-trick?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When do the esteemed members of the committee get together to debate it?

That's you ruled out for being hysterical.

StGallsGAA

It will be a novelty playing a team of little Lego people.

Elsewhere in 'big' football land Arsenal v Barca should be a cracking tie!

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2015, 10:05:52 AM
Quote from: stew on December 13, 2015, 11:33:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 13, 2015, 10:10:53 PM
How the fcuk Fergie won that last title is still one of the great sporting mysteries.

He was a genius, that's how Shane. Boys on here, who have forgotten more than your average so so Dan on here wanted rid of him in 04/05. Madness in the extreme, the man is the best there ever was.

You've mentioned that several times.

A lot of fans wanted rid of him, thought his time was up. Maybe you're not aware to what extent of how much he'd taken his eye of the ball, missing training sessions to go visit his horses etc! Maybe you were supporting someone else at the time!

Results and performances had been average for several years. Fergie needed a kick up the arse and got one from Keane after the Boro  hammered us 4-1, look back at the results straight after that match. After been poor for 2 years our results and performances all of a sudden were that of a championship winning team and continued for the next three and a half seasons.

I have been a united supporter for 45 years son, I do not need to have my loyalty questioned by you or anyone else!

I was aware that he went awol at times, he had a tremendous coaching staff that took the vast majority of the training sessions anyway, the man is a natural born winner and was the absolute boss at OT so if he wanted to take a day or two off he took it, feck me, just admit you were dead wrong and move on.

I will put it in the simplest terms as I can, you have Fergie and you wanted rid of Fergie, go get help.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Bingo

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2015, 10:05:52 AM
Quote from: stew on December 13, 2015, 11:33:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 13, 2015, 10:10:53 PM
How the fcuk Fergie won that last title is still one of the great sporting mysteries.

He was a genius, that's how Shane. Boys on here, who have forgotten more than your average so so Dan on here wanted rid of him in 04/05. Madness in the extreme, the man is the best there ever was.

You've mentioned that several times.

A lot of fans wanted rid of him, thought his time was up. Maybe you're not aware to what extent of how much he'd taken his eye of the ball, missing training sessions to go visit his horses etc! Maybe you were supporting someone else at the time!

Results and performances had been average for several years. Fergie needed a kick up the arse and got one from Keane after the Boro  hammered us 4-1, look back at the results straight after that match. After been poor for 2 years our results and performances all of a sudden were that of a championship winning team and continued for the next three and a half seasons.

I have been a united supporter for 45 years son, I do not need to have my loyalty questioned by you or anyone else!

I was aware that he went awol at times, he had a tremendous coaching staff that took the vast majority of the training sessions anyway, the man is a natural born winner and was the absolute boss at OT so if he wanted to take a day or two off he took it, feck me, just admit you were dead wrong and move on.

I will put it in the simplest terms as I can, you have Fergie and you wanted rid of Fergie, go get help.

You tell him  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ::)

brokencrossbar1

Stew, I always thought you were a Leeds fan, yourself, Rufus and Billy Boots being the regular Don Revie men!! 

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2015, 01:08:27 PM
Stew, I always thought you were a Leeds fan, yourself, Rufus and Billy Boots being the regular Don Revie men!!

I have a fondness for Leeds and believe them to be a sleeping giant,if I were a billionaire the first thing I would do is buy Leeds United Football Club, hire Pep to run them and get them back to challenging for league titles. Them and Birmingham City should be premiership sides given the size of their support and the fact West Ham United should have been relegated instead of BC.

magpie seanie

Nick Powell??? I just don't see what he brings to the table. Bad result but united created more chances last Saturday that in 3 or 4 games with Rooney up top. Martial especially and Memphis will be top players, the latter a little inconsistent with final ball/cross but we've seen that before. It's just a shame that the Rooney absence has coincided with these defensive injuries so the results have not improved.

I still think it's ridiculous to suggest things are not better than the Moyes era. United are 4 points behind Arsenal and 3 points behind City - anyone would have accepted that at this stage of the season if you'd asked them in August.

Stew - your comments tend towards the erratic anyway but the slating you gave an 18 year old kid there was disgraceful.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 14, 2015, 02:20:24 PM
Nick Powell??? I just don't see what he brings to the table. Bad result but united created more chances last Saturday that in 3 or 4 games with Rooney up top. Martial especially and Memphis will be top players, the latter a little inconsistent with final ball/cross but we've seen that before. It's just a shame that the Rooney absence has coincided with these defensive injuries so the results have not improved.

I still think it's ridiculous to suggest things are not better than the Moyes era. United are 4 points behind Arsenal and 3 points behind City - anyone would have accepted that at this stage of the season if you'd asked them in August.

Stew - your comments tend towards the erratic anyway but the slating you gave an 18 year old kid there was disgraceful.

Comparing LVG to Moyes is pure nonsense, can't be bothered getting into again. Agree on Powell, don't think anyone gets that as it looked like he was on his way out of the club especially given his reported bad attitude. LVG really needs a good run to get the fans of his back, so many have made their mind up that they want rid.

As for Stew he likes to dish out the sly digs but is unable to take them.

stew

I never slated him, I understand it is his debut but the kid cant run and will never make it at United, I wish him well but he is not now, not ever going to make the grade at United, it is just a fact.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2015, 03:52:28 PM

Comparing LVG to Moyes is pure nonsense, can't be bothered getting into again. Agree on Powell, don't think anyone gets that as it looked like he was on his way out of the club especially given his reported bad attitude. LVG really needs a good run to get the fans of his back, so many have made their mind up that they want rid.

You wanted rid of the best manager in history ffs, no sly dig, what do you think would have happened if he had left in 04?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2015, 04:12:08 PM

You wanted rid of the best manager in history ffs, no sly dig, what do you think would have happened if he had left in 04?

Go and have a read of my previous posts and explained my reasons, there was a lot of fans who wanted rid of him. It was very split amongst United fans I know, he was doing his job properly and the kick up the arse Keane gave him worked. We had 18 points from 10 games before Keane's outburst and then went onto achieve 65 points from 28 games, a huge improvement. 

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2015, 04:22:04 PM
Quote from: stew on December 14, 2015, 04:12:08 PM

Go and have a read of my previous posts and explained my reasons, there was a lot of fans who wanted rid of him. It was very split amongst United fans I know, he was doing his job properly and the kick up the arse Keane gave him worked. We had 18 points from 10 games before Keane's outburst and then went onto achieve 65 points from 28 games, a huge improvement.
If the Keane outburst had such influence then why didn't he use this magic to become a success as a manager himself? United were in transition back then and only for Fergie United would have mid table finishes instead of top 3.

AZOffaly

Twitter in overdrive tonight over pep guardiola going to either City or United.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2015, 07:06:06 PM
Twitter in overdrive tonight over pep guardiola going to either City or United.

Here's hoping he brings the Bayern squad with him!