The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Apropos of nothing, a member of the New Zealand parliament objected to the 'Red Peak' design for a suggested new flag:

Quote"The sad fact is the Nazi colours were red, white and black as the Red Peak flag is," said Denis O'Rourke of New Zealand First in Parliament in late September.

He then held up a picture of the Red Peak flag turned into a Nazi swastika that he had found online, warning that New Zealand would be "ridiculed" overseas if it was to adopt "that kind of awful monstrosity of a design for the New Zealand flag".

Words to live by, in all walks of life.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2015, 09:22:27 AM
Ratboy ;D Love it!

I'm glad we can go back to ridiculing him now that he's not on TV being all fair and knowledgable... I really struggled with it for a while there!!!

Heading to the Mestalla next year on a stag hopefully he's getting it tight and I can shout abuse at him along with the locals!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2015, 09:50:30 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2015, 09:22:27 AM
Ratboy ;D Love it!

I'm glad we can go back to ridiculing him now that he's not on TV being all fair and knowledgable... I really struggled with it for a while there!!!

Heading to the Mestalla next year on a stag hopefully he's getting it tight and I can shout abuse at him along with the locals!!!

Two oil paintings  ;D .... Feck he's ugly but id say he's a happy bunny... You've got shit going on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Milner, Lallana, Benteke, Coutinho. Subs: Toure, Firmino, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Ibe, Bogdan.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Going to script again at Anfield. Lots of possession, opposition with the bus parked, no penetration, horrible defending of set pieces, more dropped points looming.

laoislad

Pretty dire stuff alright. Plenty of possession but creating very little.
You could just sense WBA were going to score a second.
Horrible defending.

seafoid

the 2 best supported teams are united in mediocrity

laoislad

A point is better than nothing I suppose.
Poor enough performance though. Really need to be getting full points from these type of games.
Benteke was worse than useless today.

J70

At least they kept going and got something out of it in the end.

Spurs lost at home to Newcastle.

No gimmes any more in the Premier League.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2015, 05:58:11 PM
At least they kept going and got something out of it in the end.

Spurs lost at home to Newcastle.

No gimmes any more in the Premier League.

That has to be applauded!

brokencrossbar1

The simple fact is that with Benteke on there is no movement. In the first half he was hanging out on the left of the field when he should have been in the penalty area. Reminded me of how Balo plays. Any time he was in the box he caused problems but he is still static. The only way they're going to beat teams is with movement in the front areas. Start Origi or Firmino and play the ball to feet. Hopefully lovern isn't too bad.

Anyway a point that could have been more or less. At least United and Spurs dropped more so we're closing the gap on 4th which is the realistic target.

SHEEDY

dortmund-esque celebrations from klopp and liverpool players at the end. the embarrassed looks on the players faces said it all, cringeworthy.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 13, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
The simple fact is that with Benteke on there is no movement. In the first half he was hanging out on the left of the field when he should have been in the penalty area. Reminded me of how Balo plays. Any time he was in the box he caused problems but he is still static. The only way they're going to beat teams is with movement in the front areas. Start Origi or Firmino and play the ball to feet. Hopefully lovern isn't too bad.

Anyway a point that could have been more or less. At least United and Spurs dropped more so we're closing the gap on 4th which is the realistic target.

Are you being realistic though?? What evidence have you that Liverpool will get into the top 4? Think Utd will drop out soon enough but that's not guaranteeing getting that spot...

Great way to celebrate the draw at the end against West Brom...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Celebrating a goal in the 95th minute to equalise,  you pair never play competitively?

Needy sort out how to beat defensively minded teams at home.  Top 4 still a realistic target.  Benteke has been disappointing

Carmen Stateside

Klopp obviously knows the crowd can make a big difference during home games.  Thought it a great move at end, also lets the players  know who they playing for.