Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: snoopdog on January 07, 2021, 12:08:15 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2021, 08:59:18 AM
Martial isn't good enough and should be sold.  Shaw is a major disappointment too.
Cavani has to start after his ban is up. Martial is a favourite of Joel glazer he wont be sold. Realistically who wants a striker with 2 goals.

Thinking the same about Cavani, he should be starting every game of note.  Still frustrated by the lack of De Beek involvement. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Martial isn't good enough and should be sold.  Shaw is a major disappointment too.

I never warmed to Martial. Never liked his languid, lazy arsed way of playing. Always felt if the ball wasn't laid on a plate for him, he wasn't going to do much to go get it. I'd be glad to see him sold.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on January 07, 2021, 01:54:41 PM

I never warmed to Martial. Never liked his languid, lazy arsed way of playing. Always felt if the ball wasn't laid on a plate for him, he wasn't going to do much to go get it. I'd be glad to see him sold.

Same here.  The only thing that has been consistent about him has been his lack of effort.  Plus, whenever he is 'on form', he isn't that great either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Not much interest in City from people so will post here.

Thought it was a controlled performance from start to finish.

Having not seen much of Utd since their run of form I was disappointed in them and expected a bigger challenge.

Bruno, Martial, Maguire & Rashford were all poor. Pogba was Pogba (wouldnt take him for our bench).

Thought Stones was exceptional (again) and Fernandinho's goal was a suprisingly good finish.

Spurs in the final will prove stubborn but if we can keep Son quiet we should get over the line

bigarsedkeeper

Heard John Giles on Off The Ball last night calling for Ole to be replaced and they're always at it. With the likes of them and ESPN/Talksport typ arseholes and many other media outlets constantly attacking him, how long can that go on without having some sort of effect on the team etc. It feels like no matter how well he does he is always 2 games away from a disaster? He gets absolutely no credit for anything going well either.
I would love to see him succeed, loved him as a player and I think the team he has built, although with some obvious issues, is much more likeable and better to watch than under previous managers. He has made mistakes, such as not making changes when it seemed he should, but players have made so many individual errors this years it's really hard to judge him. I would say we're still in need of a centre half, left back, CDM and right sided attacker/winger. Cavani has maybe highlighted why he was so keen to get Haaland on board too, a proper striker. I still can't understand why Utd weren't talking to Partey in the summer, Arsenal got him at a good price.

NAG1

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on January 08, 2021, 01:42:13 PM
Heard John Giles on Off The Ball last night calling for Ole to be replaced and they're always at it. With the likes of them and ESPN/Talksport typ arseholes and many other media outlets constantly attacking him, how long can that go on without having some sort of effect on the team etc. It feels like no matter how well he does he is always 2 games away from a disaster? He gets absolutely no credit for anything going well either.
I would love to see him succeed, loved him as a player and I think the team he has built, although with some obvious issues, is much more likeable and better to watch than under previous managers. He has made mistakes, such as not making changes when it seemed he should, but players have made so many individual errors this years it's really hard to judge him. I would say we're still in need of a centre half, left back, CDM and right sided attacker/winger. Cavani has maybe highlighted why he was so keen to get Haaland on board too, a proper striker. I still can't understand why Utd weren't talking to Partey in the summer, Arsenal got him at a good price.

I think Fletch is a good appointment to his team, he has been away from it long enough to know the reality of the situation and what is required.

Hopefully he will prove his worth and be a good appointment.

Denn Forever

50 million for an 18 year old from at Alanta.  Heavy price for someone so young..
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Boycey

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 08, 2021, 01:50:32 PM
50 million for an 18 year old from at Alanta.  Heavy price for someone so young..

They paid €21mill for him though, rising to €41mill should  he reach all his performance related targets.

Still heavy enough money for a young lad but at least tell the story accurately...

Cunny Funt

A game tonight that won't live long in the memory.

Ole will likely be happy enough, 9 changes to the starting 11,a win and a clean sheet. Bailly off injured the only black spot and the fella has no luck with injuries. Tuanzebe, McTominay and De Beek the players that stood out tonight.

Boycey

Fosu Mensah gone to Germany, he threatened a couple of times to break through but never quite happened. He's gone to a top level team I hope it works for him.

Games continue to come thick and fast, tonight is a rare opportunity in recent times anyways to go top for a few days anyway. Despite all the hype and desperation in media to proclaim a title race with United, Liverpool and City it's miles too early for that just keep plodding away and see where ya are with 10/12 games to go then it's a title race.

No comments here on the Cup draw we weren't as excited as the lads on the Liverpool thread..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 12, 2021, 02:54:12 PM
Fosu Mensah gone to Germany, he threatened a couple of times to break through but never quite happened. He's gone to a top level team I hope it works for him.

Games continue to come thick and fast, tonight is a rare opportunity in recent times anyways to go top for a few days anyway. Despite all the hype and desperation in media to proclaim a title race with United, Liverpool and City it's miles too early for that just keep plodding away and see where ya are with 10/12 games to go then it's a title race.

No comments here on the Cup draw we weren't as excited as the lads on the Liverpool thread..

The Cup isn't going to make Utd's year if your being honest, you draw City and Utd are out. Utd are a good bit behind City currently and while Liverpool might not go full on at the weekend, they are still better than Utd at present.

Utd are too hard to work out how well they are playing, sometimes they look completely disinterested, and are happy enough to give away clangers at the back. Potential yes, but a work in progress....

Utd be better playing away from home all year, better form
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on January 12, 2021, 02:54:12 PM

Yeah I think it is a good move all round, don't think he was going to make it through at the club so best he move on for all parties.

I was impressed with Tuanzebe the other night although he wasnt up against much, loked assured in possession and calm.

Agreed on the title race, we still don't know which team is going to turn up on any given day so I think to even mention Utd with Liverpool and City at the moment is foolish.

Wish he would give Donny more game time, looks like a genuine baller and with a run of games I think would only improve. The cup is the cup, it is a luxury really in the year that is in it, I dont think either club would be heart broken to exit at this point and get a free weekend at some point. However the league game completely different story.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rich Ricci

Good to get them 3 points tonight. Much improved at the start of the 2nd half and although hanging on towards the end the win was deserved.

Pogba was brilliant tonight and imo has been generally very good since that crap with his agent.

Thought the decision to give a foul against Maguire was harsh but it was never going to be overturned.

On the Luke Shaw tackle, if a red was given I don't think you could complain but don't think it was as obvious a red as some made it out.

Onto Sunday now  :)

Cunny Funt

Hard earned and well deserved win. Nervy ending as Burnley pushed for a late leveler, United totally controlled that 2nd half and by far the better team on the night. Pogba and Bailly outstanding. Only black spots was the injuries to Matic, Martial.

Top of the league for the first time since September 2017 and top in January for the first time since 2013.